Options

What DS games shall I get?

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
Hey,
In a couple of weeks I'm going on holiday for 3 weeks (going away anyway) and I thought of buying a couple of new DS games to take with me. :)
1 of the Brain Training games sounded good, maybe More Brain Training as I heard the mini games are more "fun" than the 1st one, but I was wondering what else.
I love the mystery/story based games like the Phoenix Wright series (I have all 4 of them), Hotel Dusk etc - are other games like Trace Memory, Mystery Detective or Secret Files any good?
I'm having PW withdrawls :o Yes I know I can replay them and theyre fab, but its not the same when you know the outcome :(
Was also looking at Metroid Prime Pinball and Soul Bubbles, I have heard they are good. Soul Bubbles looks so cute! :)

Comments

• Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed Trace Memory/Another Code.

Professor Layton and the curious village is a quirky brain teaser :) but I got too addicted and completed it too quickly:(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too :) I liked Professor Layton too.
    Maybe I can find Another Code 2nd hand in a store or something. Is it a long game?
    I cant wait for Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Professor Layton 2) and Perfect Prosecutor (Ace attorney spin off where you play as Edgeworth) :D
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Me too :) I liked Professor Layton too.
    Maybe I can find Another Code 2nd hand in a store or something. Is it a long game?
    I cant wait for Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (Professor Layton 2) and Perfect Prosecutor (Ace attorney spin off where you play as Edgeworth) :D

I'm looking forward to 2:)

I got stuck on one bit and gave in to a walkthrough (once honest!) I dipped in and out a bit, so hard to tell as it was one of the first games I got and the little'un kept nagging me to multiplay on other games with them, so for me it was a long game!:eek:

Just read about the Secret Files game, looks good thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

I also have Undercover: Dual Motives which got a bit of a slating and I have only just started so don't know if it's any good! (I got it for pennies so can't complain).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What sort of game is Dual Motives? I've never heard of it :confused:
    I heard Secret Files: Tenguska (sp?) wasnt that good from critics but some seem to like it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professor Layton was good, I loved Zelda and the phantom hour glass its probably THE best game I have played. Scrabble is very good to pass the time. I loved Mario bros.

I've got Final fantasy iv (Have absolutley no idea what to do any tips gratefully recieved)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Professor Layton and the curious village is a quirky brain teaser :) but I got too addicted and completed it too quickly:(.

I know what you mean,i completed it very quickly and couldnt wait for the weekly puzzles to appear,hopefully the sequel will be released soon,i heard maybe in November?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I havent heard anything on IGN, the 1st Professor Layton has only just come out over here (or will be out next week or something).
    I bid on Trace Memory/Another Code on Ebay, thought I'd give it a go :) Some say thats rather short but I'm not as "good" as some at adventures.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    touchmaster is stupidly addictive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daigasso Band Brothers.
    Mario Kart.
    Trauma Centre: Under the Knife.
    New Track & Field.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Time Hollow is also very good, the ratings haven't been great for it on IGN, but i found it very addictive, i got it on US import last month, UK release is very soon i belive.
  • Options
    RazzylewRazzylew Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd second Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass - Me and Hubby used to fight over the DS to play that on our honeymoon....:o:D