Options

_ Out - Why? (spoiler)

sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry - but Jamar out at the expense of at least two other singers is wrong! Comments?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can...you might want to edit your title. It hasn't aired in the UK, yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Real reason why Jamar is out because they wanted to create drama between Danny and Jamar when one of them got eliminated, that is the only reason. He definately was good enough to make it, the producers do shady stuff like this all the time. Disregarding real talent just to show some drama.
  • Options
    Geelong CatGeelong Cat Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I was just surprised they didn't make them sing off against one another...
  • Options
    Des OSconnorDes OSconnor Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was obvious it was just done for the "drama".
    Especially when Paula asked if he'd come back next year.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doh!

This doesn't air in the UK until tonight. I'm not going to have a hissy fit about it but some people rightly really don't want to know spoilers.

Putting in the thread title may get you some flak...
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dnky913 wrote: »
    Real reason why Jamar is out because they wanted to create drama between Danny and Jamar when one of them got eliminated, that is the only reason. He definately was good enough to make it, the producers do shady stuff like this all the time. Disregarding real talent just to show some drama.

It really does spoil it doesn't it? I don't know the full list but I am sure that when I watch there will be more than one put through purely for entertainment value and nothing else. Tatianna seems an obvious candidate for example!

Ok, they are probably not replacing an eventual winner but even so it seems to devalue the whole thing by diluting the overall pool of talent.

Very disappointing IMO.
  • Options
    sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Doh!

This doesn't air in the UK until tonight. I'm not going to have a hissy fit about it but some people rightly really don't want to know spoilers.

Putting in the thread title may get you some flak...

Ooops sorry didn't realise the UK is behind the US in airing.

Smacked wrists and I apologise......
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised to hear this when it was obvious from the judges mutterings when picking the people to go through in yesterday's show when Randy commented on a girl being only 16 as if this was a reason to not put someone through and also one of the judges saying about their being too many girls and they need to even it up, so for even it up's sake they sacrifice a couple of the girls to let some average guys through. (haven't seen tonight's show by the way, but they always have an equal number of boys and girls and it bothers me!)
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooops sorry didn't realise the UK is behind the US in airing.

Smacked wrists and I apologise......

Yeah it's just a couple of days behind so it's not too big a delay - that's why I don't bother watching it online.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting ... I don't need to watch tonight now, ha :D...

Never minddd... Just hope there won't be any other people who post with spoilers in their titles :eek:
  • Options
    Geelong CatGeelong Cat Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Thanks for posting ... I don't need to watch tonight now, ha :D...

Never minddd... Just hope there won't be any other people who post with spoilers in their titles :eek:
    Oh well, at least you can do something else with your Friday evening now. :D That's not as bad as me during the X Factor final - I had a party that night so was planning on watching the repeat, then on my way home this woman came down the train and announced "Alex won the X Factor"! Let's just say I wasn't happy. :mad:

To be fair to the OP, it's an easy mistake to make if you don't know about the different broadcast times... (especially when they keep changing them!) Wonder if they could put something at the top of the forum about spoilers?
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion they dumped Jamar so as not to split the vote with Danny when the public start phoning in. Otherwise who will their friends and people from their town chose? I think they have Danny down as a potential winner and don't want to risk anything. This way everyone they both know will just keep on dialling Danny's number and Jamar gets to come back next year due to the stage he was eliminated. That's the only thing I can come up with because I thought he was great and much better than many others like Alex who were more bland.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    They couldnt risk putting him through cos they knew he would be popular and might knock out one of the chosen ones. If it was based on vocals he should be on the show though.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrs.deschanel - Good points, but I think Tiffani has hit the nail on the head. In fact I said the same thing on another thread. I hope Jamar goes away, gets lots of experience and comes back next year to prove the judges were wrong.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion they dumped Jamar so as not to split the vote with Danny when the public start phoning in. Otherwise who will their friends and people from their town chose? I think they have Danny down as a potential winner and don't want to risk anything. This way everyone they both know will just keep on dialling Danny's number and Jamar gets to come back next year due to the stage he was eliminated. That's the only thing I can come up with because I thought he was great and much better than many others like Alex who were more bland.

I thought exactly that too, also it's a very intense friendship, they want them split up because they'd become a 'force' between the two of them in the group chemistry, and one of them might crumple later when the other went. But I think you're right, they were both in danger of going out too soon because they'd split the vote between them.
  • Options
    leigh183leigh183 Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops Double Post!
  • Options
    leigh183leigh183 Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was totally gutted about Jamar!
    He was one of the best by far!
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I really wanted Jamar to get through. He was one of the ones I remembered. It was annoying seeing all these other people getting through who they hadn't shown any clips of. Hopefully he will try again next year.
  • Options
    Des OSconnorDes OSconnor Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    It was annoying seeing all these other people getting through who they hadn't shown any clips of.

They're the ones you should be cheering on as they've got through on talent alone and aren't the producers chosen ones or plants.
  • Options
    FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member

I'd go along with this, it's a real shame, as I thought Jamar was really good, a bit different too. It was quite annoying sitting watching some go through who weren't as good.

And also the annoying ones going through too, Tatiana & Nathaniel, ok I know they have good voices, but their personalities seem so false & very over the top, but I suppose the producers want that sort of thing, to add more entertainment, at the cost of the nice guys!
  • Options
    LocomoLocomo Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked. He's got a great voice and an individual style, he could have gone far.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, some record producers will have seen him on AI and offer him a deal anyway.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm certain we'll see him again next year. I hope so anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they wouldve split votes. They can put them in different groups, guaraNTEEING both make the top 12. And after that, one of them will eventually be eliminated. So either way, one of them coulve easily won, with both in the competition. I think it was ovious they only did it for the OMG factor. The reacction they got from the other contestants. It really makes a bit of a joke out of the show to be honest. Very dissapointing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked him, i was so shocked when he didn't make the cut, i thought he stood out more than some of the others who got through. Loved his rendition of 'Deliah' during Hollywood week, infact, loved everything he did during Hollywood week, and was looking forward to seeing him in the live shows. :(