Samsung box issues

penfold72penfold72 Posts: 46
Forum Member
My Sky box has recently updated to the R010.070.87.00P software. Since this, we have had to restart the box in the morning on at least 5 separate occasions, for various reason, most common being, that the box refuses to find any channels, yet planner and on demand work fine, or there is just a blue screen. Also the box is far less responsive than it was (and it wasnt that good before). Its got around 40% free on the drive.

I wondered if its just the box being past it, and if I rang and had a moan would sky replace it? I ma happy to install a new one myself, but not sure if sky do 'plug and play' as yet!!

Also what features does the new software add???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    penfold72 wrote: »
    I wondered if its just the box being past it, and if I rang and had a moan would sky replace it?

for £65 they'll come out and replace anything that is needed to get sky working again (be it dish, cabling or box).
  • penfold72penfold72 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Thanks chenks.
    still doing it, tonight it froze whilst watching a channel and nothing but a reboot got it operational. Then the sky+ app refused to fjnd if, needing a router reboot. Would sky not just send me a box without the engineer. Would it be ok to buy a box from ebay, or something, if I can get it cheaper than £65?
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    penfold72 wrote: »
    Thanks chenks.
    still doing it, tonight it froze whilst watching a channel and nothing but a reboot got it operational. Then the sky+ app refused to fjnd if, needing a router reboot. Would sky not just send me a box without the engineer. Would it be ok to buy a box from ebay, or something, if I can get it cheaper than £65?

Yes just get the box and install yourself, you have to register the box to your account with Sky but that is simple enough.
  • WoborbyWoborby Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Had similar issues also on my Sammy since r010.
    Sometimes commands from the remote can take upto 10 minutes before the box takes the required action! Frustrating!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,925
    Forum Member
    10 minutes! :o
    Time for a replacement box I would have thought, assuming you've tried all the usual fixes like reboots, planner rebuilds and forced software downloads.
    :)
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Yes just get the box and install yourself, you have to register the box to your account with Sky but that is simple enough.

And you don't even need to speak to anyone anymore to do it - http://activatemychannels.sky.com/ works fine.

(I used that page to get it working with an eBay box, worked nearly instantly)

If you have a Cash Converters or similar near you, they seem to have a plentiful supply of newer Amstrad/Sky branded boxes for about £20 these days