just had a complaint about my cat

Comments

• edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I'm capable of reading thanks - and also of understanding what happens in real life.

I wasnt actualy aiming this at you so no need to get defensive, it is 2 links for people that perhaps wanted to know more info on pets be it cats or dogs
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    ..I have lost lots of fish over the last few years because damn cats have to engage in their natural ritual. If I let my dog kill a cat or pet rabbit there would be ructions, but cat owners just get away with allowing these acts.

Cats do occasionally take fish, but commonly they get the blame for what are actually heron attacks. Its just that the heron usually fishes very early in the day so you are unlikely to ever see it. I've lost a few myself this year but was lucky enough to see the heron. I've now upped security to a full-on net:(
    Cats also get the blame for a reduction in song birds, but again there are often other culprits - birds of prey are doing well thanks to official protection and the lovable squirrel will take eggs & nestlings.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I've not read the whole thread, can you maybe get a run? My cats are indoor cats with a run to play outside in and are very happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvo-50 wrote: »
    A cat aviary !! are you for real. Might as well just keep it locked in a cage. Cats are roamers by nature and enjoy their freedom.

By the way OP if your neighbour pours boiling water over your cat wring her F*King neck

We have a run and our cats are happy, I don't see how it can be compared to locking them in a cage? Mine have free roaming of our home and the run outside, I would rather that then them be attacked by dogs or knocked over. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    bellarooo - I took a look at cat run prices and they are just way more than I can afford at the moment, plus my garden isn't really big enough to have a half decent sized run.

she was out this morning for 3 hours and I was on edge waiting for her to come back and waiting for a knock on the door from the neighbour for another show down at my front door. I'm still a bit unsure what to do with the whole situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for you :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missrae wrote: »
    bellarooo - I took a look at cat run prices and they are just way more than I can afford at the moment, plus my garden isn't really big enough to have a half decent sized run.

she was out this morning for 3 hours and I was on edge waiting for her to come back and waiting for a knock on the door from the neighbour for another show down at my front door. I'm still a bit unsure what to do with the whole situation.

Cats are pretty instinctive i wouldnt worry, you could always contact the RSPCA over the threats she made she if they could write to her or something. I am pretty sure it was her hormones talking and she wouldnt throw boiling water over your cat.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    And there it is - confirmation that cat-owners will happily upset/annoy their neighbours in order to pander to their cats' wishes!

No wonder so many disgruntled neighbours take the law into their own hands and cats just disappear.

Sooner or later, cat-owners are going to have to accept full-responsibility for looking after their pets.
    Are you seriously comparing the nuisance caused by children playing outside to the nuisance caused by cats?

Oh so what you're saying is it's no wonder people kill cats because they shit in other peoples gardens and the owners aren't bothered? I'm shocked by some of the posts I've read in here, unless you're a cat owner, you have no idea how hard it can be to keep a cat indoors. I have cats, I hate them going out, when our neighbours have mentioned the cat poo, we've cleaned it up or apologized and they've been perfectly friendly. Whoever could consider killing or hurting a cat because it poos in their garden is SICK, and the lady threatening to throw boiling water over the OP's cat is bang out of order too.
  • NoodleGuruNoodleGuru Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    There are some truly pathetic, namby pamby people on this thread. You know how everyone complains about the nanny state? It's people like you who create it!

"Oh, oh, rescue me from this domesticated animal that somehow humans have cohabited with for thousands of years, because it craps in my garden! I haven't taken any precautions to stop this cat from behaving the way millions of generations of cats before have acted, but that's not my fault, it's the cat's fault! Somehow it's a surprise to me that these things called cats are allowed to roam free without a care in the world! Why don't they force these cats to get proper jobs and stop living off the dole?!"

Seriously? Mankind has coped with cats for thousands of years. The law does not recognise 'a cat crapped in my garden' as an offense. The law does recognise 'I decided to throw boiling water' on a cat as damage to property. Let's face it, no one is on your side on this. You can whine about how selfish it is that people have cats, but realistically, society as a whole is perfectly content with the status quo, so get over yourselves and grow up. Stop being so precious about everything.

As for a cat leaping into someone's house and crapping on a bed - you seriously think this is somehow what normal cats do? This is like banning cars because one crashed. It's a freak occurance. There are millions of people living in this country - how many 'a cat crapped on my bed' stories do you hear? The way you talk about it, it's as though gangs of cats are committing hate crimes against people deliberately to infect them and ruin their duvets.

Just think to yourself for a minute about whether anything you're saying makes any sense. I'm sure you would realise that you are slightly unhinged to suggest that as a nation we should be keeping millions of cats in elaborate cages because a handful of people are psychotic about their gardens.

The OP is in a nasty situation here. Personally, I would get a bolshy friend to go around there and tell her in no uncertain terms what happens to people who hurt animals. She sounds like a bloody nightmare. If she had said that to me I certainly would have told her that if anything happens to my cat, I would hold her personally responsible.

The way people are talking, makes it sound as though everyone buys a cat so they can litter other people's gardens with cat poo. That's not the case. The same way that people who have dogs don't buy them so they'll bark and annoy people. The same way that people who have kids don't have them to run around riot in shops. The same way that people who ride bicycles don't ride them to piss off motorists. Thousands of people manage to go through life allowing other people to live theirs without acting as though everyone is somehow doing things to spite you. In the long run, being so miserable about everything is only harming you. You're going to get ulcers and raised blood pressure. Calm down and have a biscuit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoodleGuru wrote: »
    There are some truly pathetic, namby pamby people on this thread. You know how everyone complains about the nanny state? It's people like you who create it!

"Oh, oh, rescue me from this domesticated animal that somehow humans have cohabited with for thousands of years, because it craps in my garden! I haven't taken any precautions to stop this cat from behaving the way millions of generations of cats before have acted, but that's not my fault, it's the cat's fault! Somehow it's a surprise to me that these things called cats are allowed to roam free without a care in the world! Why don't they force these cats to get proper jobs and stop living off the dole?!"

Seriously? Mankind has coped with cats for thousands of years. The law does not recognise 'a cat crapped in my garden' as an offense. The law does recognise 'I decided to throw boiling water' on a cat as damage to property. Let's face it, no one is on your side on this. You can whine about how selfish it is that people have cats, but realistically, society as a whole is perfectly content with the status quo, so get over yourselves and grow up. Stop being so precious about everything.

As for a cat leaping into someone's house and crapping on a bed - you seriously think this is somehow what normal cats do? This is like banning cars because one crashed. It's a freak occurance. There are millions of people living in this country - how many 'a cat crapped on my bed' stories do you hear? The way you talk about it, it's as though gangs of cats are committing hate crimes against people deliberately to infect them and ruin their duvets.

Just think to yourself for a minute about whether anything you're saying makes any sense. I'm sure you would realise that you are slightly unhinged to suggest that as a nation we should be keeping millions of cats in elaborate cages because a handful of people are psychotic about their gardens.

The OP is in a nasty situation here. Personally, I would get a bolshy friend to go around there and tell her in no uncertain terms what happens to people who hurt animals. She sounds like a bloody nightmare. If she had said that to me I certainly would have told her that if anything happens to my cat, I would hold her personally responsible.

The way people are talking, makes it sound as though everyone buys a cat so they can litter other people's gardens with cat poo. That's not the case. The same way that people who have dogs don't buy them so they'll bark and annoy people. The same way that people who have kids don't have them to run around riot in shops. The same way that people who ride bicycles don't ride them to piss off motorists. Thousands of people manage to go through life allowing other people to live theirs without acting as though everyone is somehow doing things to spite you. In the long run, being so miserable about everything is only harming you. You're going to get ulcers and raised blood pressure. Calm down and have a biscuit.

Agree 100%
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree aswell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member

Fantastic post! I have been reading this thread for days now, and I like this post very much!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member

Thank you so much for making me laugh, and what a wonderfully written post. I was seriously consideirng closing my DS account because I was finding the spiralling arguments here so depressing, but people like you make it worth sticking around. :)
    Forum Member
    Right, I think I'm going to quit now I'm winning at life... Thank you guys, I appreciate your appreciation. It's fairly rare anyone agrees with me, but four in a row is some kind of record - I guess I win the cat defence Olympics' gold medal, right?

I'm sure the cat-haters will be on soon to put me in my place, but for now I shall bask in this glory of internet praise. :D
  • hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Good post NoodleGuru.

But if anyone threatens physical harm against your cat, I'd contact the police and make a report.
    Forum Member
    gurunoodle - your post made me smile too, thanks!
    Forum Member
    sorry, noodleguru - I'm very tired!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH FREE ROAMING CATS! We are not in a Disney Bambi fantasy land where the kitties play nicely with the wildlife and they dont intefere with anyones lives. Stop trying to use diversion techniques and accept that not everyone is going to welcome the problems that come along with free-roaming cats.

Seen as you and a bunch of others think free roaming cats dont cause any problems and we are all moaning, unreasonable people, the ones that have to deal with the selfish actions of a handful of cat owners, we will all go round to yours and dump the poo on your lawn, each and every time. Sounds fair doesnt it? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    a good neighbour understands that and tries to stop annoying their neighbours others say cats have a right to roam and I am not stopping my cat from doing so.

Exactly, i agree with you, but you know what it is, they are a handful of cat owners who just dont give a toss about anyone else, and have the sheer cheek to make out we are unreasonable people because we want a cat-free garden and to be able to enjoy our own properties! Yes our own properties! Whats so bad about that to want to enjoy our own properties without having to clean up the problems with selfish neighbours free roaming cats?

The bottom line is, they just dont give a toss and like to hide behind the law. And they wonder why so many cats get hurt.....
    Forum Member
    Free roaming cats have been roaming free for thousands of years. You may as well complain about the bird pooing on your car. I suppose you do. I guess you'll have to write a letter to your MP banning wildlife!

Why don't you just tarmac your garden and hose it down every week if it's that much of a problem? It makes about as much sense as demanding that every single domestic cat in the entire country is locked up all day long. You can't control what a cat does. You just can't. You don't have any power over your own cat, let alone someone else's cat. You can, however, control your own garden. Either realistically think about the problem you're facing and do something about it, or carry on moaning into the empty void. You can buy many products to stop cats entering your garden.

At the end of the thread, when we've all finished moaning at each other, you won't have achieved anything other than making yourself look a tad deluded at best.

Just be glad you don't live somewhere where there's some serious wildlife like bears, elephants or deer. I'd imagine a cat crapping on your petunias would be the least of your problems.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    We have a run and our cats are happy, I don't see how it can be compared to locking them in a cage? Mine have free roaming of our home and the run outside, I would rather that then them be attacked by dogs or knocked over. :)

Its nice to read that there are still some responsible cat owners around :) You have thought ownership through and made an environment that is safe for your cat, and kind to your neighbours, can I come and live near you?lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Free roaming cats have been roaming free for thousands of years. You may as well complain about the bird pooing on your car. I suppose you do. I guess you'll have to write a letter to your MP banning wildlife!

Why don't you just tarmac your garden and hose it down every week if it's that much of a problem? It makes about as much sense as demanding that every single domestic cat in the entire country is locked up all day long. You can't control what a cat does. You just can't. You don't have any power over your own cat, let alone someone else's cat. You can, however, control your own garden. Either realistically think about the problem you're facing and do something about it, or carry on moaning into the empty void. You can buy many products to stop cats entering your garden.

At the end of the thread, when we've all finished moaning at each other, you won't have achieved anything other than making yourself look a tad deluded at best.

Just be glad you don't live somewhere where there's some serious wildlife like bears, elephants or deer. I'd imagine a cat crapping on your petunias would be the least of your problems.

You have no argument.....

How can you compare our indigenous wildlife pooing on our gardens to domestic pet cats pooing on our gardens because their owners are too ignorant and lazy to provide a litter tray?

Tarmac my garden and hose it down! Amazing! This is exactly the attitude i am on about. Tell me why i should tarmac my garden and hose it down because YOU are too self centred to give a toss about how your pet may be interfering with others lives

You CAN control what a cat does, if you can be bothered to! I dont see why people should spend their money to keep others pets off their garden.

In fact, i dont see how you have the cheek. And you say im deluded......At least i have an awareness of others who live around me

How about if you give me the money to keep cats off my garden? I love your wording `lock a cat up all day long`....we are talking about a domestic pet here arn`t we, no wonder the ecosystem is on its knees
  • ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about the damage cats do to cars when you run them over,it really annoys me and the cats owners should pay for repairs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't control what a cat does. You just can't. You don't have any power over your own cat, let alone someone else's cat.

What a load of tripe, you are making yourself look a fool, proving over and over just how self centred some of you cat owners are

Plenty of people control their cats and keep them inside, look at the people who have posted in the thread saying they keep theirs inside! The arguments of those who claim cats cant be controlled fall apart!

You just dont give a toss, thats all it is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ste1969 wrote: »
    what about the damage cats do to cars when you run them over,it really annoys me and the cats owners should pay for repairs

people should stick to the 30 miles per hour speed limit, incase a cat, dog or kid rushed suddenly into the road, then the driver could break in time, that is why its 30 in residential roads, for a reason.
This discussion has been closed.