Options

Julie & the Banana

Comments

• Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I laughed more at that one scene than I did for the entire BB13 series.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie's comic timing was perfect. The banana incident made my husband, who never watches BB and just happened to be in the room, laugh too.
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, her behaviour is lewd ...
    yes she did lie about how hard that pie went in her face ...
    yes she is a sh@te stirrer ...
    yes she wants to be the last women standing ...

Collen should have followed her friends advice ...it is well known (and I have seen it before) ..JG is not a nice person ...

Finally yes she is is keeping the show interesting :)
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys it just made me and friends laugh out loud :D:D:D

She was hilarious - it was like a cross between a Carry On movie and Up Pompei!! Expected Frankie Howard to appear stage left and give commentary.

This would be a DULL DULL CBB without Julie.

Wouldn't it just! I LOVE Julie, she has made this series for me - it would be a a bunch of adult children arguing about flirting and gifts without her and Julian. I hope I'm still naughty when I'm 70...I'm determined to be!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    For me, Julie is an older person.. I really had to FastForward that. I did not want to see her tongue slurping around the banana.. it's was cringey.. fair play to her.. but I did not need to watch it; so didn't!
  • Options
    fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Whitiamin wrote: »
    I thought it was revolting and lewd, she is an insult to mature women, dreadful woman.

she is lewd and has spent a lifetime being that way, and i personally love her for that,she is over the top ,camp , strutting around in leopard skin....that scene with the banana will go down...pardon the pun....as one of the most memorable celeb big brother scenes, up there with george galloway being the cat, .
  • Options
    Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fynefun wrote: »
    she is lewd and has spent a lifetime being that way, and i personally love her for that,she is over the top ,camp , strutting around in leopard skin....that scene with the banana will go down...pardon the pun....as one of the most memorable celeb big brother scenes, up there with george galloway being the cat, .

:rolleyes: Little things.....................
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That clip will scar me for life :D
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the funniest thing I have seen on CBB in a long time.
    Why do people find it revolting? Do you think that no-one over the age of 40 is sexual?
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the pics in the paper this morning and thought yuk...Having watched how it was done in the context of the show I thought it was very funny and not in any way lewd.:cool:
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was absolutely revolting. I thought she looked repulsive and lewd.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever seen anything more offputting?

JGY was an attractive woman when she was younger. That just killed any nice memories stone dead.

I thought it was hilarious. :D
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,800
    Forum Member
    digiqueen wrote: »
    Have you ever seen anything more offputting?

JGY was an attractive woman when she was younger. That just killed any nice memories stone dead.[/

Tbh, I changed channels last night when the ridiculous 'she nearly knocked my teeth out' statement was made. IMO Julie sees Coleen as a threat because she is fairly current and will have supporters whereas Julie has been out of the limelight for years. Julie is playing the boys to keep them onside just as much as Danica only her method is different.

Agree with all of your post but in particular the BiB. JG really went overboard with that statement. And thankfully the camera showed us that Coleen merely gently pushed the pie into JGs face. JG is fake and underhand. Playing the game for sure, but I'd like to see her out of the house and let the camera focus on those who so far have been 'minor players'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was absolutely revolting. I thought she looked repulsive and lewd.

Yep - I had to look away, made me want to puke.
  • Options
    LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    It was the funniest thing I have seen on CBB in a long time.
    Why do people find it revolting? Do you think that no-one over the age of 40 is sexual?

It's not sexual, it was anything but, if a 15 year old was behaving like that you would call them immature little idiots but because she is an old woman you think it's funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:eek:
    Don't put this scene into my head - I'm about to have my tea!
    That scene makes my skin crawl, I just can't watch it - and darn it they repeat it at every opportunity. :mad:
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    That clip will scar me for life :D

Me to! I watched it thru my fingers and i still saw to much! The pie had a quick end unlike the poor banana who suffered a torturous death. :cry:
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys it just made me and friends laugh out loud :D:D:D

She was hilarious - it was like a cross between a Carry On movie and Up Pompei!! Expected Frankie Howard to appear stage left and give commentary.

This would be a DULL DULL CBB without Julie.

I agree. She was playing the whole thing for laughs - clearly. The "are we allowed to touch the cherubs?" had me in fits of laughter.

Can you imagine that house without a bit of humour in it? Ashley sulking, Harvey the love rat giving out crap lurrve advice, Prince L wandering around like a wet lettuce, Martin boring for England, The Situation being *shudder* himself, Coleen lardily lying around bitching.... BORING.

No matter what you think of her, last nights highlights were amusing, purely because of Julie G's comedy timing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one of the best things i've ever seen on big brother :D... but also pretty disgusting :p julie is a great housemate!
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member

I agree - she is fabulous, so refreshing to get an older housemate who just doesn't give a fig.

Talking of George Galloway and the cat, anyone know if he was in Essex at the weekend? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a long time since Julie's had a banana in her mouth. Leave her alone.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a woman of her age, I thought it was a bit weird.

Its the sort of thing a teenager would do. Not a 70 year old woman.
  • Options
    LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a woman of her age, I thought it was a bit weird.

Its the sort of thing a teenager would do. Not a 70 year old woman.

Exactly.....they would be called stupid immature brats and told to grow up, I can't imagine many of you lot who thought it's the funniest thing you have seen in years laughing like drains if a teenage girl was doing it.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    Exactly.....they would be called stupid immature brats and told to grow up, I can't imagine many of you lot who thought it's the funniest thing you have seen in years laughing like drains if a teenage girl was doing it.

I didnt even think it was that funny!

She's roughly the same age as my mother. Cant imagine my mother EVER EVER EVER doing that :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Got to agree. If Rhian had done it and they were watching on the monitor she'd have had hell to pay. She got called all sorts of names for laying on the floor!

Rhian wasn't doing it, and Rhian never would because she's boring, Julie was having what some of us call a laugh, Martin could see how funny it was......I doubt Julie would have done something like that on camera when she was Rhian's age, but she's allowed to mess about at her age, no0one was supposed to take it seriously:rolleyes: