Buffy The Vampire Slayer - A General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the 1992 Movie?

It was on last weekend at 1.10am?

I have to admit, while the series outclasses it by light years, it's not actually that bad.

Not seen it in a while. But I agree, it really isn't that bad.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    On a rewatch of this too having got the DVD's for Christmas. Up to passion in series 2 which contains one of my favourite buffy moments ever when Giles goes psycho and starts wailing on Angelus after he killed Jenny

It's between that and the end of the first episode of series 7 when the first transforms back through all the bads of the previous series for my favourite moment ever anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    i've just started rewatching muffy. love it.

EPIC!v :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone catch the 1992 Movie?

It was on last weekend at 1.10am?

I have to admit, while the series outclasses it by light years, it's not actually that bad.

Typically it definitely is not an "awful film" in fact it is actually quite fun...not seen it in ages but when i was 4/5 i particularly enjoyed it when it was first shown...not seen it in almost a decade however....but it set it all up and if those saw it went into the show they were prepared for a massive surprise and if they didnt...didnt matter anyway ;) hehe!

Overall i think its a decent film....but man i would have loved to have seen what Joss original vision for it was on screen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    On a rewatch of this too having got the DVD's for Christmas. Up to passion in series 2 which contains one of my favourite buffy moments ever when Giles goes psycho and starts wailing on Angelus after he killed Jenny

It's between that and the end of the first episode of series 7 when the first transforms back through all the bads of the previous series for my favourite moment ever anyway

ANother aspect i lvoe about the show...its like Iconic-Moment-Per-Minute :cool: so many to choose from but those are so damn brilliant!

And yeah goosebumps at the end of Lessons...really did and does feel like "going back to the beginning" fascinating! :cool:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Overall i think its a decent film....but man i would have loved to have seen what Joss original vision for it was on screen!

Me too actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too actually.

ALthough they did the graphic novel "The Origin" i do just wonder what it 110% was
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    ALthough they did the graphic novel "The Origin" i do just wonder what it 110% was

I'll have to look for that online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to look for that online.

Its very good :) I like it anyhow much more detail behind the scenes really within it but the template is a bit like the film too..there are flashback to past slayers...kinda like a foreshadowing aspect which is cool too :)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The day this series is released on Bluray will be one of the best of my life, it can never be topped as my favourite show of all time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The day this series is released on Bluray will be one of the best of my life, it can never be topped as my favourite show of all time.

Hello stranger ;)

And i very much agree with every word.

Blu Ray release of season 1 - 7! Cast Reunion! (these are dates that must be in the calendar!)

And yes Buffy The Vampire Slayer is without question my favourite Show ever! No show will ever touch it nor can they surpass what it means to me and millions of others...it has inspired millions and long may it continue to....perfect! Best.Show.Ever!
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to obsess over Buffy and watch the series over and over, last time i did - i ended up searching out literally every single song from the show online and the scores...

I remember the first time i saw the 'The Harvest' it was on BBC2 and from the opening with Darla revealed as a Vampire - i was in love!
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pretty sure BDs have already been ruled out. While the episodes were shot on film, I think were then transferred to video *before* the digital effects could be added. A BD release would, therefore, have to redo all the sfx.

Quite an undertaking and doubtful whether the sales would justify it. That said, it's been done for Star Trek so not totally unlikely.

It would be great to have decent transfers of Series 1 and 2 in particular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to obsess over Buffy and watch the series over and over, last time i did - i ended up searching out literally every single song from the show online and the scores...

I remember the first time i saw the 'The Harvest' it was on BBC2 and from the opening with Darla revealed as a Vampire - i was in love!

SAME with me...i remember BBC 2 were all over it promoting it and everything was amazing...every episode was a literal event when it was on always will remember those memories and cherish them :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »
    Pretty sure BDs have already been ruled out. While the episodes were shot on film, I think were then transferred to video *before* the digital effects could be added. A BD release would, therefore, have to redo all the sfx.

Quite an undertaking and doubtful whether the sales would justify it. That said, it's been done for Star Trek so not totally unlikely.

It would be great to have decent transfers of Series 1 and 2 in particular.

Tbh Buffy The Vampire Slayers fanbase definitely rivals that of Trekkies and Star Wars....so i reckon it would sell really well with some promo/ads on circulation definitely! :cool:

And yeah i know what you mean Littlegreen i remember obsessing over the Bronze music.....love my albums still :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im kinda new to Buffy, i remember watching the end of season 5 and most of season 6 when it was on bbc2 many years ago and the odd few eps from the high school years.
    But since Syfy have been showing it from the start i have been watching. We are now on season 6 and its great seeing things i rememeber. Not sure why i wasnt that into to Buffy as a kid though, as i loved Charmed. (maybe that was on a few years after??)
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Im kinda new to Buffy, i remember watching the end of season 5 and most of season 6 when it was on bbc2 many years ago and the odd few eps from the high school years.
    But since Syfy have been showing it from the start i have been watching. We are now on season 6 and its great seeing things i rememeber. Not sure why i wasnt that into to Buffy as a kid though, as i loved Charmed. (maybe that was on a few years after??)

I refuse to watch any episodes on Syfy as they cut too much out , it's ridiculous .
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Not sure why i wasnt that into to Buffy as a kid though, as i loved Charmed. (maybe that was on a few years after??)

Charmed was 1998-2006
    Buffy was 1997-2003
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    the thing i never got about buffy when i watched it as a kid was just how tragic the whole story is.
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    the thing i never got about buffy when i watched it as a kid was just how tragic the whole story is.

Well it was a metaphor for life. What do you expect? ;)

I just finished re-watching season 6. That was pretty tragic but it had a life-affirming message by the end.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Darla was revealed as a vampire in Welcome to the hellmouth opening scene, not The Harvest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I refuse to watch any episodes on Syfy as they cut too much out , it's ridiculous .

Really? I kinda feel cheated now. Im tempted to get the dvds though im enjoying it that much.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I kinda feel cheated now. Im tempted to get the dvds though im enjoying it that much.

Yeah the TV version is virtually censored , I first noticed that they were dropping vaguely words from early evening reruns to friends . However it was shocking that whole sections of dialogue get cut from the recent showings of Buffy , I'm waiting for this killer line and then it's just hacked out presumably to make it palatable to 8 year olds !
    Forum Member
    len112 wrote: »
    Yeah the TV version is virtually censored , I first noticed that they were dropping vaguely words from early evening reruns to friends . However it was shocking that whole sections of dialogue get cut from the recent showings of Buffy , I'm waiting for this killer line and then it's just hacked out presumably to make it palatable to 8 year olds !

I think the original Sky versions were fine. I don't remember noticing much difference when I first watched the DVDs. I think they may have censored a bit of the Warren skinning scene but not much otherwise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I think the original Sky versions were fine. I don't remember noticing much difference when I first watched the DVDs. I think they may have censored a bit of the Warren skinning scene but not much otherwise.

There was only a couple scenes that different from the original Sky versions. Most noticeably is in Bargaining in which Willow kills Bambi's mum, the DVD shows a struggle and the knife entering. There are other bits here and there such as in Afterlife when Anya is cutting up her face, if I am correct there is less/no blood in the original Sky version. :eek: