SCD Week 11 (Quarter-Finals) Discussion Thread - Sat 7pm/Sun 7.20pm

Comments

• brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake. What did you expect him to do. He was in total shock. He had prepared himself to leave.

Sorry Hansue he should have gone over to Pixie not the other way around. Just manners really
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    I think bumping her from bottom with the Walzathon worked against her.

Quite possibly, people might have assumed she was safe being second or they thought the scoring was being manipulated.

Either way it's the voting public who put her in the bottom 2.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Does Jake EVER talk about the eliminated couple, it's always about next week.

Frankie didn't either tbf.
  • shinnyrshinnyr Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, come on. She has that Princess like quality that Darcey wants all for herself. She was like this at the Royal Ballet, others rivalling her position as top dog were eliminated.

What do you mean "oh come on?" I was genuinely asking, I can see that easily alright but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something that happened that I wasn't aware of.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    As much as I hate the result it was probably one of the best in a while. So dramatic.

Poor Pixie :(

Poor Pixie indeed.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    1) That's two knife-edge survivals by Simon. Brilliant TV
    2) Caroline and Jake are being rightly rewarded for their coolness under pressure
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I've noticed Mandy Moore listed as one of the choreographers for Strictly. Not a fan of her work at all. Definitely become less about ten dance these days.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the result tonight.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I think with Pixie gone, the competition is wide open

anyone of the final 5 could win it, at least I cant call it

I didn't expect Pixie to win.

My guess is still Jake.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Does Jake EVER talk about the eliminated couple, it's always about next week.

Depends which bits they take. If you look the first few talk about the ones that went, and the last two or three talk about their stuff next week. It's pretty much the same every week.
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    Yes I could see that coming a mile off, but then Trent should have known better because Len had a point, you don't do lifts in a Salsa.

You do do lifts in a salsa (on Strictly, anyway) but you don't in a cha cha cha.

Lovely dignified exit speeches from Team Trixie.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im astounded, I truly am. Pixie deserved to be in the final imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Simon with the benefit of hindsight and watching from home wishes he didn't fall to the floor but we all do things we don't expect in the heat of the moment.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    I think his shock was genuine. He (and Kristina) really didn't expect to get through against Pixie.

it was, their pre dance talk showed that. I had a tear in my eye as well for their reaction,
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Hansue he should have gone over to Pixie not the other way around. Just manners really

It would have been the right thing to do.
  • shinnyrshinnyr Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get the vibe that she doesn't really like the female celebrities that much.

Yeah, kinda comes across alright. I'm totally gutted Pixie is gone. Has kind of ruined it for me :(
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Logopolis wrote: »
    Stop lying Simon you don't care about Pixie

Some people seem really bitter about Pixie going lol. Don't take it out on Simon. Take it out on yourselves for not voting enough.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    I think his shock was genuine. He (and Kristina) really didn't expect to get through against Pixie.

I agree. They were convinced that they were going home.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Bit of a coincidence she's not going on the tour.
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    Yes I could see that coming a mile off, but then Trent should have known better because Len had a point, you don't do lifts in a Salsa.

Didn't they do a cha cha cha?
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shinnyr wrote: »
    What do you mean "oh come on?" I was genuinely asking, I can see that easily alright but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something that happened that I wasn't aware of.

Apologies - no offence intended. I tend to get carried away about Darcey as I've had her number from day one. Behind that sweet saccharine front she is totally obsessed with promoting herself and eliminating any competition on the female front.
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think Pixie would have won but i think we may have missed out on a spectacular showdance
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Simon but I was resigned to the outcome that Pixie would be saved, who is also one of my favourites. I'm in a bit of shock now that she's gone. Really happy for Simon, but gutted for Pixie.
  • Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I may be being a bit naive here but isn't it possible that Darcy and Len preferred Simon's dance rather than it being a big fix or conspiracy theory?

I know I did.
    And as Len said, they judge it on the dance-off's dance, just like normal competitions. So despite Pixie being a better dancer usually, she wasn't on the night. Hated that cha-cha, her legs were like Bambi's, all over the place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, come on. She has that Princess like quality that Darcey wants all for herself. She was like this at the Royal Ballet, others rivalling her position as top dog were eliminated.

She had them killed? :eek: