Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations again Lisa! You were uncatchable.

And cheers Yuffie for sorting out the points once more. Hopefully you'll be able to get in on the action in season 3.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By popular demand, (well, just speedy really), here's the full season review.

Two apologies:

1) It's a bit on the long side - per a suggestion from someone it includes every challenge.
    2) Sorry Lisa, it's all in jest, honest.
    The season started with a tricky event at Chungara Lake in Chile, with the Wombat being used for the first time by many of our drivers. This buggy has its own set of special rules, which a few drivers found difficult to get to grips with. In particular, Subcutaneousphat only discovered the boost option after the event had finished. Oops. After tailing off at the end of last season, Lisa_B_87 proved she was just being a tease and won the event to quickly re-established her dominance. Following this start, Lisa's form would continue, dropping just 6 points over 11 events, winning 8 and securing her 2nd championship in a row. A masterful display - but there was a devious thread running through Lisa's campaign...

Taking place over the Easter holiday period, the second event, held in Japan, was poorly attended. Claymore-74 missed the event due to family commitments, and is kicking himself as this likely cost him second place in the championship, which instead went to Speedy1013. But credit where it's due, you can't score if you don't compete, so Speedy was a deserving runner up, showing dedication to the cause by competing in every event this season. Indeed, only 3 drivers competed in all events this year, so a special mention to Lisa, Speedy, & Samecat for achieving this feat.

E5onAMP similarly missed the third event, but with no explanation given. Too much partying after his 2nd place in Japan perhaps? Who knows, but again, this likely cost him at least one place in the final standings. Definitely a missed opportunity - we hope she was worth it. Still, securing 4th place overall, one point ahead of Samecat, is a good result considering this missed event.

This brings us to the first drift of the season, which took place in Scotland. Lisa had a bizarre start to the event, initially scoring zero points in her Aston Martin One-77. We firmly believe this was the first step of Lisa's dark and cynical ploy to instil false hope in the other drivers - read on for more info on her dastardly plan - but eventually she finished in first place ahead of OMTT, who was starting to prove his credentials after taking part in only a handful of events last season. Lisa celebrated her win with a garish new paint job. If you're feeling brave, it can be viewed here: http://i.imgur.com/guxy7bf.jpg (Disclaimer: sick bags may be required).

Iann34, so far having a quiet season, set the 5th event, a Ferrari time trial in Norway. Being able to set the event didn't do him any favours though, as he turned in his worst result of the season so far. Glitches also crept into the monitoring system during this event, with some results failing to register. Frustrating all round, but our drivers proved their integrity by allowing externally proven times to be honoured.

South East to India we went for event 6, a RUF time trial in Bandipur. Lisa, dominant again, tried to prove she was fallible by posting a video of a crash that she'd endured. Judge for yourselves - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ihG3c48Fw - but we think it was just the next step in her callous plan to make the other drivers think they actually had a chance.

Remaining in India, the next event was a long, high scoring drift, taking in almost an entire lap of the track. It was here Lisa posted her worst result of the season, coming only 4th, but it's likely this was just 'step 3'. With just an hour to go this event looked to be all sewn up by Claymore, but E5 pipped him at the post with a very impressive score, leaving Claymore to wonder what might have been.

Down to the last 4 events now, and TommyNooka picked the slowest vehicle, the VW Beetle, for a sojourn around Loch Dulch in Scotland. It was during this event that the new classifications came into force, with Speedy suddenly finding himself a few levels behind many of the other drivers. Some mind games then ensued between him and Claymore, but they didn't seem to have much of an effect, with both drivers finishing in the top four. It was also here that OMTT's challenge faltered, coming in an unexpected 3rd from last. This cost him dearly, as it was the best attended event all season. In the end, OMTT finished 6th overall in the championship. A good display, but one that could have been better were it not for his result at Loch Dulch. Believing her plan was in jeopardy of being discovered, Lisa made sure to win this event - no 'accidental' crashes this time.

Off to Canada, and Claymore finally got revenge on E5 for the India drift result by winning in the Pagani Zonda at Sinclair Pass. Samecat set this event and as expected from his performances last season, he turned in a solid display this year, finishing in 5th overall, an improvement on last year but still not quite good enough for the top spot. Maybe next year? Lisa, believing her plan remained undetected, finished 3rd.

Staying in Canada, the penultimate event was a drift at Cayoosh point. E5 again proved victorious in the drift, beating Lisa into second place. Or did he? This writer believes that Lisa's despicable plan was still in action - her skill is unrivalled and as such she was able to set quality times and scores that were deliberately not quite good enough to win, thereby giving hope to the other drivers with no one suspecting what she was up to. Until now.

The last event was set by the newcomer, deadmancarl, who had a difficult task this year, joining as he did mid-way through the 2nd season. He showed promise & tenacity though, beating some of the regulars and only once finishing last - ironically on this event which he set. More practice is required, but we hope he sticks with it. His event of choice was Maplewood, and by this point as long as Lisa posted a result she was assured of the title. It was here that the final stage of her plan came to fruition. After leading the other drivers to believe they could, on occasion, beat her without her actually letting them, she dropped the hammer, setting a blisteringly fast time early on which no one could catch. Every driver following her round the Canadian track heard her maniacal laugh as they tried in vain to find any way to catch her. And when they got even remotely close, she stomped all over them, improving her time with ease, aptly flipping the bird at all the drivers in her rear view.

Simply put, upon review it is readily apparent that throughout the season Lisa teased the other drivers with the promise of victory, allowing them to glimpse little rays of sunshine which she ultimately snuffed out in just 43 seconds on this final event. Every driver is going to have to dig deep in the off season if they are to beat this evil genius next time out.

So what of the other drivers? If you've been paying attention, the top 6 this season were Lisa, Speedy, Claymore, E5, Samecat, & OMTT. The top 10 was completed by Iann34, Darfi02, TheGingerWarrior, & TommyNooka79. All of their standings could have been improved were it not for the multiple no-shows that they recorded. Perhaps they've moved on to other Car Projects? If so, we wish them well, but hope they'll still find time to stay involved in our little Club.

And lastly, a special thanks to Yuffie, who became the Gary Lineker of our group by effortlessly moving full time into punditry, recording only one mistake all season, an improvement on last year. Please note all FIFA-type bribery and corruption he was allegedly embroiled in during the technical monitoring glitches in Norway and Bandipur were un-proven.

So that's it folks. Season 2 is all over. What does the future hold for season 3? Will the format change? Simultaneous challenges perhaps? Well that's up to the drivers. Please use the comments section below for your thoughts and any ideas you'd like to see introduced.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »

And cheers Yuffie for sorting out the points once more. Hopefully you'll be able to get in on the action in season 3.

No probs. I've paid Sony to fix the PS4 but just have to find a box to send it back in.

Well done Claymore. Very entertaining read :)
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great season review. I'll be back if there is a season 3.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't get on for the last challenge.
    Stupid BT have decided to work on the phone lines near me and nobody has any internet. Work could take up to two weeks :o
    I've only got a 4gb tethering allowance on my phone so have to use it sparingly.
  • Options
    MattDavisMattDavis Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Well done Lisa, another faultless display showing everyone else how it's done. I kinda agree with claymore that you toy with our hopes of beating you before effortlessly setting a great time/score. That said, it's still loads of fun chasing your ghost around the track.

Nice season review again claymore. Didn't realise I missed an event 😊. I won't be making that mistake again.

Finally, thanks yuffie for the leaderboards, hopefully you'll be able to join in the fun again soon.

Roll on season 3 🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff claymore. You're the Murray Walker of our generation. And yep, I did beat you in the end purely because of punctuality. One more event and I would have been done for.

I have two suggestions. One, Lisa should surely be docked about 26 points for her car's design ;) secondly, was thinking it might be good to have a driving and a drifting challenge running side by side every week to change things up a bit. You could have two championship tables going. Some people might think that's a bit much though, just a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Great stuff claymore. You're the Murray Walker of our generation. And yep, I did beat you in the end purely because of punctuality. One more event and I would have been done for.

I have two suggestions. One, Lisa should surely be docked about 26 points for her car's design ;) secondly, was thinking it might be good to have a driving and a drifting challenge running side by side every week to change things up a bit. You could have two championship tables going. Some people might think that's a bit much though, just a thought.

Not giving yourself much of a margin for error there, are you?

My ideas:

- a 'constructors' championship - randomly selected pairs of drivers
    - quick seasons - 10 challenges, all set at the same time, lasting 10 days, meaning you'd have to decide which ones to concentrate on and which just to set a time and move on.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    That was a fun read! I don't actually mean to set out to provide false hopes, just how it plays out sometimes if I can't get on on the last day of a challenge. :D 'Step 3/worst result' was 'personal tragedy' week, but Driveclub was still a useful distraction. Just goes to show overall how nothing gets in the way of my participation. :eek:

... although if you want some actual hope, to quote Evolution/Driveclub... 'coming soon' - I have got some holidays abroad in the pipeline so the PS4 will be out of bounds. ;)
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    That was a fun read! I don't actually mean to set out to provide false hopes, just how it plays out sometimes if I can't get on on the last day of a challenge. :D 'Step 3/worst result' was 'personal tragedy' week, but Driveclub was still a useful distraction. Just goes to show overall how nothing gets in the way of my participation. :eek:

... although if you want some actual hope, to quote Evolution/Driveclub... 'coming soon' - I have got some holidays abroad in the pipeline so the PS4 will be out of bounds. ;)

Well done Lisa! Hope things have settled down for you a bit now.

I'm off on my hols next Saturday for 3 weeks so won't be able to take part in any challenges but still will be playing up to and after them. Project Cars private lobbies have been a fun distraction, can't wait for Driveclub ones!

Thanks to Claymore for the round up, excellent as usual and Yuffie for the scores and leaderboard, looking forward to racing against you soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update 1.18:

Game Update 1.18 is now available to download! This update brings new Accolades, more Driver Levels and a fix for the Hoon-a-Tic Trophy, along with many, many more improvements to the game based on your feedback.

This game update also paves the way for the free Peugeot EX1 Concept car download and new PlayStation®Store updates coming on June 30.

Read on for full details of Update 1.18:

Download & installation:

» The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game.
    » The update size is 0.42GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 10.57GB.

Full details of Game Update 1.18:

» Adds new Driver Levels: You can now reach Level 60 and every new level has a reward!
    » Adds new Accolades: All Cars and locations have a full set of Accolades.
    » Adds support for the new Logitech G29 Driving wheel.
    » Hoon-a-Tic fix: We've fixed the Drift stat issue some of you have seen that affects the Hoon-a-tic Trophy - please complete one more event to unlock your Trophy!
    » Challenge improvements: Adds a convenient preview of your current score and standing in every Challenge (so that you don't have to go into every Leaderboard to see if you played and what your current position is).
    » Challenge improvements: Increases the Fame reward for all places in a Challenge.
    » Car improvements: We've fixed an audio bug affecting the quality of the Lamborghini Murcielago engine sound.
    » Car improvements: We've fixed a visual bug with the Koenigsegg One:1 gear change animation.
    » Adds a new loading image to show off one of our favourite ‪#‎PS4share‬ pictures.
    » Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.18 Add-ons will be available for download from PlayStation®Store on June 30 worldwide:

» Adds support for the Peugeot EX1 Concept (download from PlayStation®Store).
    » Adds support for the RPM Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the RPM Car Pack and RPM Tour Pack.
    » The RPM Car Pack includes: Nissan GT-R, Nissan 370Z Nismo, McLaren 570S, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2015 and the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392.
    » The RPM includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Collect every star in the RPM Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
    » Adds support for the Velocity Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
    » The Velocity Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
    » Collect every star in the Velocity Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
    » Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.18):

» More server upgrades and optimsations: We continue to improve server performance for all players as we prepare to launch the PS Plus Edition of DRIVECLUB and then subsequently launch the DRIVECLUB companion app.
    » Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside the server upgrades, integration and optimisation. This feature will follow on from the launch of the PlayStation Plus Edition of DRIVECLUB.
    » Club Challenge improvements: After the recent Challenge server upgrades we are working on bigger rewards for Club Challenges along with improved Leaderboard presentation.
    » Elite Driver levels: More will be added each month with new rewards for every level.
    » More Cars & Tours: There's still more packs coming for the Season Pass and we're excited to show you more of what's coming in June & July!
    » More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

Just more and more waiting. Seems they only want to add 5 new levels per update, so I guess I'll be dead by the time the levels catch up to my amount of fame then? Probably dead by the time they release Plus, App and private lobbies as well! :D

I wonder if they've fixed the leaderboard problems, only minor but it is annoying that the 'my friends clubs' leaderboard only seems to show your own club at the minute when there should be at least a couple of dozen. Also it bugs me how when you click through the leaderboards in the tour, it picks and chooses which of your friends you see on the main event page and doesn't show the proper top 10 of your friends until you click inside the event leaderboard.

- I can't actually check those minor peeves at the minute, got some poor AI mug doing the last 14hrs of a Le Mans race for me on Project Cars for that stupid 24hr trophy.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Just turned the game on. I'm up to level 60 now. STILL NO PRIVATE LOBBIES!!!! They're taking the piss now.

3 things which were shown after years of people wanting them:

Last Guardian
    FFVII Remake
    Shenmue 3

I expect private lobbies, PS+ edition & the app to be shown at E3 2020 at this rate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Just turned the game on. I'm up to level 60 now. STILL NO PRIVATE LOBBIES!!!! They're taking the piss now.

3 things which were shown after years of people wanting them:

Last Guardian
    FFVII Remake
    Shenmue 3

I expect private lobbies, PS+ edition & the app to be shown at E3 2020 at this rate

I still enjoy the game - just completed the latest packs last night - but it is annoying that we still don't have private lobbies, and now we're told we have to wait until after the PS+ edition is launched before we'll get them.

So on the one hand I don't want the PS+ edition as it'll likely screw the servers, but on the other hand I do as I want private lobbies and the app (which they've also said will be after PS+).

Rather annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im just starting to work my way through the Lambo & Torque packs as haven't really touched the game since Witcher 3 was released. Finding it hard to get used to it again but this is still my favourite racing game. Tried Project Cars for something different but I found it pretty boring.

RPM & Velocity packs are showing as coming soon, along with2 other packs coming soon, so this will keep me going until the new NFS in November
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I now have no sound in race. It just cut out all of a sudden and has yet to return. I have sound in other games, Playstation menu & game menu, just all in race sound has gone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what you're all complaining about, they FINALLY fixed the 1 gear change animation for the Koenigsegg One. That's all I ever wanted ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the DLC finishing in July I'm not sure how much steam this game will have after that.

Actually that's probably when the ps+ version will launch to try and get a few more people in.

Although there's not many racing games on the horizon.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    With the DLC finishing in July I'm not sure how much steam this game will have after that.

Actually that's probably when the ps+ version will launch to try and get a few more people in.

Although there's not many racing games on the horizon.

Unless you have an Xbox :p

I'm not sure why they are still bothering with the PS+ edition after all of this time.
    They would be better off starting the sequel to the game
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started mine up and I stayed on lvl 55. For me this is good as got something to play for now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I now have no sound in race. It just cut out all of a sudden and has yet to return. I have sound in other games, Playstation menu & game menu, just all in race sound has gone

Mine did that last week. Can only be a Driveclub bug cos everything else was fine and after a reboot it was ok.

How about a 1 try challenge? You can practice as many times as you like but can only have 1 attempt to post a score. Could make it infuriatingly interesting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »
    Mine did that last week. Can only be a Driveclub bug cos everything else was fine and after a reboot it was ok.

How about a 1 try challenge? You can practice as many times as you like but can only have 1 attempt to post a score. Could make it infuriatingly interesting!

Don't think that would work with the challenges no longer recording the number of attempts. Plus even if it did display the attempts everyone could just infinite restart until they know they're going to beat the target.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like some of the ideas for season 3. Anyone else got some wacky ideas ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I like some of the ideas for season 3. Anyone else got some wacky ideas ?

enforced cockpit view? ( I don't think anyone here uses it, so it would be a pita for everyone)

no ugly paint jobs? ;-)

strict rotation of time trial - drift - race?

challenges must have different environment settings than all previous challenges? (so we'd end up with heavy rain / snow, and probably at night)

Ignore the worst two results of each person when scoring the championship? (so that those that missed an event or two aren't penalised).
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    I use cock-pit view, that's why I'm so slow compared to you guys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Ignore the worst two results of each person when scoring the championship? (so that those that missed an event or two aren't penalised).

That's a good one. It takes a little bit of pressure off people trying to compete.

I like the constructors idea too except I wouldn't have it random. I'd have it choose your own teammate.

(Sony has my PS4 now so I'm hoping to get it back next week. That was a long 3 months)