Confused with current Batman storyline

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
iirc an old Dr friend of Bruce got his face changed to look like Bruce. He was captured by Dick and Robin and imprisoned in one of the Wayne towers.

Confusion kicks in now with a recent Batman comic where we have this Dr friend impersonating Bruce at a fund raiser seemingly with the permission of the Bat-crew.

So did I miss his rehabilitation ?????

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I believe the duplicate Bruce (forgot his name) escaped from his prison and then made himself too public for "Bruce Wayne" to go missing again.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the duplicate Bruce (forgot his name) escaped from his prison and then made himself too public for "Bruce Wayne" to go missing again.

That kinda makes sense. My comic book store has been having problems getting some issues of the big 2 Bat titles so I've either not yet read about his escape, or it happened and I've forgotten - thanks for clearing that up 4me. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be bothered with it until they get their act together and bring back normal stories again. The numpties!
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you mean DC comics

there is a new one out next month [april ] here's a link

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/105/1053346p1.html

it is the return of bruce wayne
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce's coming back !!!!!!!!!! - hot damn. Hopefully they'll get rid of Dameon(?) cos I can't stand the brat.

btw I would have stopped buying Batman until he returned but that'd've(?) ended my ~10year collecting run and I just didn't have the heart to stop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Going back to the original question. You must have missed the warning Hush, Thomas Elliott, got from Batman, Robin the Outsiders and a few others. They decided it was handy to have him as a doppleganger but he had to stop chucking the Wayne fortune away. He is under constant watch to ensure he doesn't get in to too much trouble.

This plot line seemed to be dropped quite quickly after that though.

I have enjoyed the period since Bruce got "killed" and am even liking Damien as Robin. Will be nice to have old grumpy guts back though. I did read somewhere that it may not be a case of Bruce immediately resuming Bat duties upon his return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a intense hatred of any storyline in a movie / tv series that involves a woman getting pregnant to a non-bad man and keeping it secret until many-many years after the baby has been born; then this news is dropped on the still-non-bad man and he's expected to be immediately ok with this information and in no-way psd off with the lady for denying him all those years of fatherhood experience. It's because of this I can't stand this Dameon(?) existance in the Batman universe.

As for the Hush & BatCrew deal to "bring Bruce back into the limelight" - I'm thinking I probably did read it but forgot all about it - my memory ain't what it used to be :(

re: Bruce back but not bat-back - an excellent excuse for DC to bring out yet another Bat title :rollseyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I agree a bit with you on the dropping a child in to the canon just like that a bit. I wasn't reading Batman at the time so will trust your judgement on that.

As for the opportunity to bring out another book, I think those are being taken up by the fallout from Blackest Night. Three so far I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackest Night - that's one series I've avoided so have absolutely no idea what it involves - and I'm not bothered by that in the slightest.

I'll stick with my Batman, Detective, BatGirl, Batman vs Superman, Red Robin and maybe Batman Confidential. This credit crunch time has made me rather selective as to what I buy, and unwilling to stick with something (such as Buffy Season 8) just for the hell. And if that new Mac Tablet was much cheaper I could even decide to just "acquire" the books online, horizontal monitors aren't ideal for vertical books. :(

I've said before but having Bruce's death covered in a non-main Bat titles (ie, not one I was following at the time) and so for me one ep he was there, next ep wtf - well that REALLY psd me off and could have caused me to just stop all comic buying altogether. Hopefully we'll quickly see Bruce return, Dameon suffer a quick and painful death and everything returning to normal and I can just put this down to a minor blip.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Blackest Night - that's one series I've avoided so have absolutely no idea what it involves - and I'm not bothered by that in the slightest.

You're not missing much - Blackest Night is/was a total mess imho. Sinestro Corps was an excellent arc, but they totally destroyed the spirit of it with this.