Gay couples cannot raise children....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apparently. What an idiot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/feb/15/gay-couples-children-welsh-secretary?CMP=twt_fd

Honestly, where do these people come from. And who in the bliddy hell elected them?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a bit jowly looking, isn't he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These tories are not doing themselves any favours come the next election with these backward attitudes that`s for sure.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I've never voted tory in my life and his attitude is just one of the many reasons why I haven't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken for their wesbite:

"We want a fairer society and will use every lever to tear down barriers that prevent equality"

If that is the case why did over half of them vote against same sex marriage?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems that most aren't letting him getting away with that kind of comments so easily. That's all it matters to me.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol

"Some of my best friends aren't safe to be left around children..."
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Jones said he did not believe he was homophobic, insisting he had "people in my life who are important to me who are gay"

Well that's me convinced then. Move on. Nothing to see here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Lol

"Some of my best friends aren't safe to be left around children..."

Heh! Honestly, I really still find it hard to believe we have such stupid politicians. And yes I do mean Stupid as in no intelligence.
    Well that's me convinced then. Move on. Nothing to see here.

Yep. Me too. Sigh.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    The man is clearly an disgrace and an idiot to boot.

He say married gays can't safely raise children, then later says partnered gays are OK to adopt. ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21472004 )

Cameron must sack this fool at the earliest opportunity. :mad:
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Taken for their wesbite:

"We want a fairer society and will use every lever to tear down barriers that prevent equality"

Hypocrites
    Say one thing and do the opposite
    Much like the tory who was on about the sanctity etc of marriage whilst having an affair
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact is straight people, such as the ones seen daily on programmes like The Jeremy Kyle Show, are clearly more capable of raising a child than a gay couple. The evidence is all there to see.

:p

PS: This is why you should never vote Tory. Under the surface they are still homophobic.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There real question here is will he be resigning before, during, or just after the Channel4 News?

Place you bets, ladies and gentlemen!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taken for their wesbite:

Because double standards are their middle name. We see it almost all the time. Like this one a couple of years ago. One candidate parroted a similar slogan: 'fairer society and we must try to tear down barriers that prevent equality'. One public member asked what would he do about women earning less than men in same jobs.

She explained she and her male colleague have same job title, same responsibilities and same working hours, but her male colleague earned £2,340 more than she did. She wanted to know if the candidate would do something to ensure equality in that respect.

He danced around the question by implying it was warranted, considering that "husbands are still breadwinners". The public member pointed out she was the breadwinner of her family. The candidate smiled and said rather smoothly, "We support divorced parents' rights..." The public member snapped, "I'm still married." The candidate smiled patronisingly, then ignored her to take a question from someone else. :rolleyes:
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    There real question here is will he be resigning before, during, or just after the Channel4 News?

Place you bets, ladies and gentlemen!

He strikes me as a "clinger".
    I think he will linger for as long as he can.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    The fact is straight people, such as the ones seen daily on programmes like The Jeremy Kyle Show, are clearly more capable of raising a child than a gay couple. The evidence is all there to see.

:p

PS: This is why you should never vote Tory. Under the surface they are still homophobic.

To give some of them credit....A little under half aren't.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are many straight couples who can't or don't even try to provide a "'warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children'", so why just gay people?

Homophobic bigot!
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Tory in "is a massive dick" shock!
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't understand why a gay couple couldn't provide a "warm" or "safe" environment for a child. Is he going to tell the people who are important to him who just happen to be gay that he thinks a child would be unsafe with them and that they're therefore not fit to be parents? What a prat.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    What a dope.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    What a homophobic prat
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I regard marriage as an institution that has developed over many centuries, essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners can't do

Does he think gay people can't lock front doors or operate the central heating? :confused:
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tory party is still infested by deep-seated social conservatism.

Anyway, this is an excellent reply by gay dad and actor Charlie Condou:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/15/david-jones-gay-parents-hate-speech
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    "I regard marriage as an institution that has developed over many centuries, essentially for the provision of a warm and safe environment for the upbringing of children, which is clearly something that two same-sex partners can't do
    Does he think gay people can't lock front doors or operate the central heating? :confused:

:D

Note to minister - it's developing some more.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    The Tory party is still infested by deep-seated social conservatism.

Anyway, this is an excellent reply by gay dad and actor Charlie Condou:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/15/david-jones-gay-parents-hate-speech
    Fine response by Mr Condou.

Tory MP in bigot shocker.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    He has tried to step back from the brink by saying that what he meant was that gay couples can't have their own children (physically), not that they can't look after them. As having your own children is fundamental to marriage, that is why gay couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

I simply sought to point out that, since same-sex partners could not biologically procreate children, the institution of marriage was one that, in my opinion, should be reserved to opposite sex partners.

I expect his private members bill to restrict marriage to those heterosexual couples who are also able to have their own children very soon...

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/02/15/tory-welsh-secretary-david-jones-responds-to-gay-parenting-row/