Options

Jake wus robbed

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't believe Mark is in the final instead of Jake - Mark barely moved his hips yet Jake just danced his heart out even though with his cha cha/ disco dance.

Not more Mark!:(

Comments

• Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them both but am very sad that Jake has gone
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted :( I <3 Jake as a person, despise Mark's fake reality persona.

Dancing, what dancing?
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of either of them but Mark was a much better dancer than Jake. Plus he could smile and actually look as though he was happy - something Jake never did. Ugly gurning and one dimensional dancing, throwing Janette all over the place to make up for the fact he wasn't doing proper steps. No way should Jake have been in the final - worst dancer left - hated Len last week over Pixie, but pleased he made the right decision tonight.
  • Options
    LoracShaktiLoracShakti Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Gutted for Jake - he should be in the final. Len's reasoning was absurd - there was cha-cha content in Jakes dance - and he was better in the DO - whereas there was zero rumba content in Mark's. Jake had done enough to be in the final just so sad he fell at the final hurdle!!
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Jake. I suppose it doesn't help in that I look at performance as well as dance content and I always enjoyed Jake's.

It also doesn't help that I have always loathed, loathed, loathed the rumba and Mark's didn't do anything to convince me I should think otherwise. Nothing against Mark. I like all the finalists!
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake wasn't great last night, but he had performed a couple of "wow" routines previously.
    His departure has made a dull final even duller.
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of either of them but Mark was a much better dancer than Jake. Plus he could smile and actually look as though he was happy - something Jake never did. Ugly gurning and one dimensional dancing, throwing Janette all over the place to make up for the fact he wasn't doing proper steps. No way should Jake have been in the final - worst dancer left - hated Len last week over Pixie, but pleased he saved Mark tonight.

^^^^This^^^^ Jake never danced. He performed (and some of that was questionable). Totally agree with the above.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's about who I prefer watching and that's Mark. I thought he was going home and was pleased that Len saved him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    He was the worst dancer remaining. And now he's out. You can hardly complain about that.
  • Options
    Penfolds_placePenfolds_place Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake was my favourite, but them's the breaks, :kitty: he had a good run
  • Options
    backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Gutted for Jake - he should be in the final. Len's reasoning was absurd - there was cha-cha content in Jakes dance - and he was better in the DO - whereas there was zero rumba content in Mark's. Jake had done enough to be in the final just so sad he fell at the final hurdle!!

Len's decision was a contradiction based on his own words. what a weird result. I smell manipulation.
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Jake wasn't great last night, but he had performed a couple of "wow" routines previously.

Agree he wasn't great but in the d/o he was better than Mark - Marks rumba was all posing and no hip action - Jake danced out of his skin to stay in.

I dont dislike Mark at all but the final will be all the poorer without Jake's performance ability - his show dance would most likely have been spectacular. Really don't understand Lens decision making for the past two weeks
  • Options
    catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake was the worst dancer left. He had a couple of good dances but then just stayed at the same level whereas Mark improved vastly from week 1.

I could not stand the stupid faces Jake pulled and personally wanted him to go weeks ago. Don't like his personality (or lack of) either
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Agree he wasn't great but in the d/o he was better than Mark - Marks rumba was all posing and no hip action - Jake danced out of his skin to stay in.

I dont dislike Mark at all but the final will be all the poorer without Jake's performance ability - his show dance would most likely have been spectacular. Really don't understand Lens decision making for the past two weeks

You've summed up my feelings perfectly!

Very sad Jake has gone, he would have added a lot of excitement to the final next week - something I can't see some of the actual finalists doing.
  • Options
    Pauline_TynanPauline_Tynan Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Len's decision was a contradiction based on his own words. what a weird result. I smell manipulation.

Agree - especially when one considers neither Pixie nor Jake are doing the SCD tour.
    This is meant to be an entertainment show also
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake was the best male at the beginning but the other men over took him when they improved.

I
  • Options
    SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You really must loan me your crystal ball, I'm dying to know what the Lottery numbers will be next Saturday.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've liked Jake all along and voted for him, I wanted him, Frankie and Pixie in the final. Mark wasn't doing any dancing, just standing there and throwing his partner around.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jake did not learn anything new. Mark did. This is from some who is a fan of neither.
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    I can't believe Mark is in the final instead of Jake - Mark barely moved his hips yet Jake just danced his heart out even though with his cha cha/ disco dance.

Not more Mark!:(

Zoe Ball wus robbed
    I am told that Austin wus robbed
    Jake wusn't robbed, he just wasn't as good as the others
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Jake and don't like Mark but will admit Mark is the better dancer. Not that rumba though, that was awful, but generally. Jake wasn't any good in the DO either so I suppose it's a fair result
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I don't think he was robbed as such but, I do think if he'd performed his VW he would have been through. A half decent VW against a non existent rumba and I do think Len would have kept him.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake's been fizzling out for about 3-4 weeks.

They've been covering it up with the usual tricks and Jake's acting skills, but there was no where to hide tonight.

Not that Mark is great dancer but he has improved compared Jake.

Len made the right decision (again) Overall Goodman has been quite good with his casting votes this season...
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I don't think he was robbed as such but, I do think if he'd performed his VW he would have been through. A half decent VW against a non existent rumba and I do think Len would have kept him.

You may have a very good point here. As soon as he decided to do his cha cha cha in the dance off he was putting himself at a massive disadvantage given that it was one of his worst performances ever. If he had done the VW it might very well have gone the other way.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, Jake looked nonplussed about the result

Lets not carry on - we'd be pixie supporters if we do..