Options

Le Mans 24 Hour Race 2015

Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,093
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It is going to be tight race between the Audis, Toyotas, Porsches, and the Nissans in LMP 1. Coverage details are in the link below (courtesy of stevvy1986 on the F1 coverage thread):-

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=78359992&postcount=1583

Comments

• Options
    Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    First 24hrs Du Mans tomorrow I think well one anyway.

Go Audi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see how quick Alonso is in the Audi.

It's not exactly exciting to watch an endurance race.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it strangely addictive to watch. I don't know why because I find F1 boring at times but this can be compelling. Maybe it's the Carlton Kirby factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Im getting excited for it! Hope the Toyota with Ant Davidson does well but i doubt it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Toyota have had a great program they should do well. The Porsches had great pace last year this should be epic with Nissan in the mix to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nissan have a front wheel drive front engine car with skinny rear tyres. They are crazy.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissan have a front wheel drive front engine car with skinny rear tyres. They are crazy.

I don't think Nissan are going to overal victory but want to prove a concept. Sadly the car has been slower than the LMP2s so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Audi will win
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, but Porsche have been quick, so if the car is reliable they could win, so could Toyota but only if they have sorted the issues they had at Silverstone and Spa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Probably, but Porsche have been quick, so if the car is reliable they could win, so could Toyota but only if they have sorted the issues they had at Silverstone and Spa

Ive read that Toyota have sorted out some issues but will still be behind.

I am looking forward to the Audi Vs Porsche battle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well practise and first quali are later so we might get to see where everybody is in terms of speed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am much more excited about this and an F1 race!
  • Options
    Sven945Sven945 Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exciting about this! I've got a one month subscription to the Eurosport player which seems good (despite it not working on Chrome). They also have an option to watch a clean feed (no commentary and no adverts) so I'm watching that with Radio Le Mans alongside. It'll probably be out of sync but that's less important with an endurance race.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Id forgot how many adverts Eurosport have
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurosport player has just been relaunched (June 10) and it's now finally working on my smart tv (jazz hands).

Practise looking good :)
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Quest (freeview ch 37) are showing some of the race over the weekend. I would like to see either the Toyota or Porsche win and stop the Audi domination.
    I first went in 1982 and the last time was in 2002 but intend going again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marshals being strick about the white lines fair enough.

The cars are quick this year and fast too. I think they might slow these down next year lets enjoy this while we can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG the Nissan has exhausts pointing right at the windscreen. You would think that could make the screen a bit dirty and what if they blow an engine, scary biscuits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marshals being strick about the white lines fair enough.

The cars are quick this year and fast too. I think they might slow these down next year lets enjoy this while we can.

Funny how it doesnt happen in F1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are super strick on track limits here.

I'd like to see whats caused the red flag flat beds deployed not sure what for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are super strick on track limits here.

I'd like to see whats caused the red flag flat beds deployed not sure what for.

The downside of watching quali is they only have a few cameras.
    OMG the Nissan has exhausts pointing right at the windscreen. You would think that could make the screen a bit dirty and what if they blow an engine, scary biscuits.

Cool TV pictures when they came into the pits, but I would hope that the windscreen is reinforced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nasty crash for the corvette. It does look funny like a stuck throttle or something.

Porsches still very fast it will be a hard race to win for somebody. Audi really working towards the race not really going for pole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not long now till we find out if the Porsches can keep that pace up can audi live with them and can toyota do better in the race.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Porsches not making a break looking close.
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that the race has just started, but I find it very impressive how the hybrid powered LMP 1 cars just pull away from everyone else:o:o:o:cool::cool::cool:.