" Are they going down thread "

Look to the future and be positive about 2008 - 2009 under Gary Mac

Yes we're defo going up this year. :)
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    Yes we're defo going up this year. :)

As Champions on a level playing field this season ?
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    I think they will walk it this year, always been a fan of Gary McAllister. Leeds haven't always been my favourite club to say the least... but I think they have served their time in the lower leagues and I hope to see them back in the premiership soon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will walk it this year, always been a fan of Gary McAllister. Leeds haven't always been my favourite club to say the least... but I think they have served their time in the lower leagues and I hope to see them back in the premiership soon :)

Maybe if GM had arrived earlier last season things would have been so different

But I agree this season must start like the first 3 months of last season......and continue
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Maybe if GM had arrived earlier last season things would have been so different

But I agree this season must start like the first 3 months of last season......and continue

[/QUOTE

Cant see a start like last season, tbh, it will very difficult plus expectations will be higher
    we are the favs to win it and that will put more pressure on us, we will be the Team everybody wants to beat, Not Leicester, they (LESTA) wont sell out at every ground they go to, or put up with as many fixture changes we do,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Hopefully a few years in League one await. May teach their fans some humility.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our massive thread has been shut down-

Onwards and upwards for the Leeds -

Another massive reply I reckon from this thread! :D

As far as signings go we could have Jay Bothroyd pretty soon from Wolves ;)
  • damocdamoc Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    I think we will go up, but it won't be easy.

We need a couple of good signings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cybern00b wrote: »
    Our massive thread has been shut down-

I have requested that the mods merge the two threads

Fingers crossed
    Forum Member
    Person who started this thread, couldnt find the old one, i just went into my profile and put it back to the top, for some reason it was locked, and moved , all people had to do was what i did, not excatly rocket science is it
    Apart from anything else it was the 5th biggest on here,
    which just goes to show how big our fan base is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Person who started this thread, couldnt find the old one, i just went into my profile and put it back to the top, for some reason it was locked, and moved , all people had to do was what i did, not excatly rocket science is it
    Apart from anything else it was the 5th biggest on here,
    which just goes to show how big our fan base is

The person who started this thread " Could" find the old thread but felt that the title was a little outdated for the 2008 - 2009

Leeds United ~ Will they go down?

Hopefully not :)

With hindsight It may have been wise to request that the tiltle be changed by the mods

I have requested that both threads are merged into one and the Status Quo will be returned.

The only way to lift any thread back up to the top on your Cp is to post something on it , sadly , something you cannot do if its locked .
  • Faxy FowlerFaxy Fowler Posts: 17,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to say no.

I think Leeds will go up.
    But I think Leicester will be the champions.

It will be a dogfight for the top spot between the two and third place could be quite a few points back. Carlisle are other obvious contenders and who knows what will happen with MK Dons and Peterborough?!

I personally would like to see teams like Leeds getting back in amongst the big boys. Football will be better for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reply from the mods......

The old thread was closed as large number of members requested that it be closed, as it refers to a different season.

Because of this, it would be best not to merge the two.

seems a "large Number" of people requested it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Reply from the mods......

seems a "large Number" of people requested it

Personally i felt that i title change would have been in order rather than close 'Leed United - Will they go down'.
    But if the MODS cant do it then lets get this new one up there with the biggest.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we will go up, but as champions? I'm not to sure.

Most of the players will have a lot to prove this season. Hopefully Beckford will carry on from his good pre-season form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackL wrote: »
    Personally i felt that i title change would have been in order rather than close 'Leed United - Will they go down'.
    But if the MODS cant do it then lets get this new one up there with the biggest.

Please everyone , feel free to contact the mods and make them aware of your feelings ,If a large number of people request its return ,with a tiltle change , you never know .

I have been rebuffed twice , I don't see why they cannot both be merged .

They point out that there is a link from the old to the new and vice versa
  • EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    How has Andy Robinson been in the pre-season friendlies so far?

Good luck to him, and Leeds this season. From a Swansea fan. :)
  • deadwood dandeadwood dan Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, if Leeds have an awful start to the season, that padlock may have to be melted at high temperature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    To all the people who used to post on the

" Are they going down thread "

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=542262

Look to the future and be positive about 2008 - 2009 under Gary Mac

Because of Gary Mac and the fact he was excellent in his short time at LFC (I would have loved him as assistant to Rafa or a coach) I say yes you will get promotion, and possibly as champs yes.

For him I hope you do :)
  • your mothers bfyour mothers bf Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Leicester have by far the strongest team in that division, so i'd expect them to be champions, Leeds should go up as runners-up though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting a season like we did last year can turn out to be a bad thing. I'd prefer a slow-burner 'til christmas, hovering around places three/four and powering on toward May.

Also, title winning is not the holy grail here. Gmac clearly has a passing-creative ethos which was semi-manifest by the players in his first 5 months as boss. Given the choice I'd take promo through play-offs with said style over Champions with the long ball crap that took us on that incredible winning spree pre-christmas last year.

Edit: if the mods are to unlock & re-name that old thread it should be to something generic like "Leeds United Supporters Thread".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Donnie* wrote: »
    Edit: if the mods are to unlock & re-name that old thread it should be to something generic like "Leeds United Supporters Thread".

I have twice requested it be unlocked or merged they have declined to both requests

I have now requested a name change to " Leeds United Supporters Thread "

See what their response is .
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel confident that we will go up automatically. I hope so, I don't want another Wembley Weekend like we had in May. I feel we are strong enough to go straight up and hope that we are always in the top 2 or three anyway. Sure we will lose games and probably draw too many, but it'll all make for a good season. Hope to get to as many games as possible.
    Forum Member
    Anybody ever heard of this team, got to admit i hadnt till i saw we were playing them on Saturday, less than 2,000 tickets so not excatly pulling them in, is it must be the name
    anyway, if anyone can transl;ate this here is a bit about them

http://www.fcvdendereh.be/