tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey. I'm in my 40s and I'd assumed it was 50 years old when I was a kid.:yawn:
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the people in Dubai don't like the Flintsones - but those in Abu Dhabi do.
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Blimey. I'm in my 40s and I'd assumed it was 50 years old when I was a kid.:yawn:

Yeah, it was a pretty crap cartoon.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I quite enjoyed it. :D Happy Birthday. :p
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I was never that keen on them to be quite honest, there are so many superior cartoons out there, such as Tom and Jerry ;)

I also assumed it would be older than that!that means when I was watching it as a kid, it was only about 10 years old, but it felt really old even then.
  • Options
    A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    What does a swedish Fred Flintstone say?

Abba dabba doo.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the age old question remains:

Betty or Wilma. Which one would you "do"? :p
  • Options
    TutterTutter Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Happy birthday Fred and Wilma and co :D
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    I never enjoyed the Flintstones as a kid. The cartoons weren't even funny and Wilma's voice was annoying.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Flintstones was a harmless bit of fun; much better than the cartoons that get churned out nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    WOW 50 and still going strong the world over! Probably one of the most loved cartoons in the world.

Just commenting with my parents - they used to watch them as kids. My brother and I used to watch them as kids. and now my two nephews (5yrs and 3yrs) watch them daily! Spanned three generations. And my nephews are big time fans. They've even gone to a Flintstones themed min-park up the road on the Costa del Sol a few times and they never tire of going there.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Flintstones was never meant as a kids show on its original run in the US it went out 8.30PM prime time. It was i suppose the simpsons of it time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    The Flintstones was never meant as a kids show on its original run in the US it went out 8.30PM prime time. It was i suppose the simpsons of it time
    true. The Flintstones was never a kids cartoon show. It was a Primetime situation comedy which happened to be animated - and the first of its kind.
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    true. The Flintstones was never a kids cartoon show. It was a Primetime situation comedy which happened to be animated - and the first of its kind.

Indeed. And it's well known that it's basically The Jackie Gleeson Show in animated form.

Along the same lines as Top Cat and Bilko.
  • Options
    dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    But the age old question remains:

Betty or Wilma. Which one would you "do"? :p

No contest;

Betty everytime

Edit: That was one of the tamest pictures I could find :eek:
    Some people have far too much time on their hands :o