Options

Which network has the best coverage in the UK?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird. I can get signal for everything, everywhere in my house, apart from Orange.

With Orange, I have signal all over the house apart from my bedroom... strange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i say orange & t-mobile are the worst. Neither work in my home here in South Wales.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phones4u and the o2 shop both told me vodaphone has the best UK coverage if that helps

off topic but my mate got a 3 phone when they first came out. He was over the moon with it despite the fact it was the size of a mansize box of kleenex. This quickly turned to disapointment when he discovered the ONLY place he could get full 3g coverage was if he stood on his pillow on his bed, if he stood on the quilt got nothing :)

or anywhere else
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    just check the MNOs web sites - they have coverage maps! :)
  • Options
    WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DrBee wrote: »
    just check the MNOs web sites - they have coverage maps! :)

Coverage maps are only a representation, not a true picture of signal coverage. According to Orange I should get a good signal but get nada.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nagging wrote: »
    Really? I'm with them at the moment but I've been a number of places where no signal can be picked up and other people's networks have. What about O2? I've heard they're best overalll...:s

I have been on o2, vodafone, orange, t-mobile and virgin and o2 has given me the best signal coverage every place i have been.....even in Norfolk where mobile phone coverage may aswell not exist!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodafone in my opinion.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    nagging wrote: »
    Really? I'm with them at the moment but I've been a number of places where no signal can be picked up and other people's networks have. What about O2? I've heard they're best overalll...:s

Yes, I have that problem too - in the house. Admittedly, I live in the depths fo North Cornwall but I am unimpressed that I can't get Vodafone mobile coverage in the house. My daughter gets O2 and we also get a Virgin signal. Why no Vodafone?
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    3G wise would be Orange or T-Mobile as they have access to Oranges masts as well as the T-mobile & Three masts. Three is not currently allowed to use Oranges masts.

2G would be Voda/O2.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    02 are the best but even they can have a weak signal depending on where you are.
    Some shops in the new part of the shopping centre in town you are lucky to even get a singal and thats not just with 02. I have heard a few others saying the same.
    My living room for some reason seems very poor for 02 signal and thats not just my mobile its my sisters as well as her friends.
    I have heard Orange are ment to be ok bit I have never used them.

Darren
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am Orange and cannot get coverage in some places near where live in South London. Also when we got to Cornwall I can't get a signal half the time but my husband on Vodafone can.
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For 2G it is Vodafone followed by O2

For 3G it is 3 followed by T-Mobile & Orange
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my area
    1 Orange