Options

Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-workfare-Make-benefit-scroungers-work-for-their-money/561542143915046?fref=nf

Some of the posts this page make are disgusting. One of their statuses was "ADHD is something I don't believe in, it's just an excuse for kids to behave badly"!!
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A group was set up last week for residents of a small town I used to live in because there had been a lot of crime lately, and it very quickly descended into comments about incomers being to blame, people saying people who had moved to the town didn't care about it, that people who were born there should only be allowed to participate etc. - in other words, not really helping disprove the old image of small towns! Funnily enough, the group has now mysteriously disappeared, probably because of all the in-fighting!
  • Options
    Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hallstar wrote: »
    Just seen someone post that "cant believe this time last week I was getting over giving birth" someone replied to say "wow time flies"

Another one is a Latvian I work with posted she was going on holiday, and someone who used to work with but now retired replied with "You going anywhere nice or going back to Poland"

That might have been one of those well-intended comments, as in are you going back to Poland for a holiday to see family but came out wrong. Although given she's Latvian and he's said anywhere nice or, it sounds more dubious.

I've just browsed facebook and found this among the
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was asking whether the banks were open yesterday, as daft a status as it initially sounds?
  • Options
    saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worst answer to " how are you" that I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! EVER

this is a response on a status feed when someone asked - how are you...

waiting for letter to go for my op on back. its urgent if i dont have it done i will be paralized from waist down in 6 month. I have a nice fella called Ronnie. Devorcing. Bob. But got to wait 2 years as he don't want a devorce.
  • Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've 2 friends on facebook that repeatedly make me hover over the 'I don't want to see this' button....

One, a man in his 50's who insists on putting 'lol' at the end of almost every status:
    'done me good deed for the day lol'
    'just bagged up all me old notes lol'
    'drinking a cup of tea lol'
    'i'm bored lol'
    'just been for me walk lol'
    As you can see, they do not warrant a 'lol'

But my current fav, for which I shall copy and paste (good luck deciphering!) is from a 24 year old girl.
    'Cart belive I cart sleep, probry hot tho'
    'Life ant abrt fights oh calling names . Oh bitching abrt ppl . Its abrt happiness . And fun '
    'Had a r8 tym down Skeggy an wethers beautiful art side'
    'Fact abrt true friends always there for u no matter wot . When you're sad and upset they do owt to make u smile . Never bitch oh turn there bk on u. It just im probry quite and people forget. every one am okeys am just putting a status xxx '

On tops of these status' she puts on at least 5 selfies a day, fully caked in make up in varying poses, for which if she doesn't get any comments, follows the pictures up with status' detailing what she doesn't like about her appearance. And of course has a weekly announcement 'Tym to delete sum ppls again' pre cull.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I've had to unfollow someone for the first time. She is always complaining. Yes Facebook can be a great place to vent but try putting a few good posts in there once in a while.

Over the last few days I've seen:

- well thank u fecking ebay u r shite !!! i now can no longer use an account that ive had for years, and since i now rely on ebay to purchase my strips for my glucose monitor and clothes i really am ****ed GREAT

- i really dont know why i bother anymore!

- thanks weather for ruining my planned day out!!

Perhaps it doesn't seem like much but it is constant. She is always ill and has forgotten how to get onto the online booking site for the doctors at least twice this month. Which she naturally complained about on facebook.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a new mum on my feed, now I'm a new mum too so I get it in a way but...not constant updates on the baby pooping, pictures of her breast feeding (boobs just hanging out lol) and her bleeding....:o
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Life ant abrt fights oh calling names . Oh bitching abrt ppl . Its abrt happiness . And fun '
    'Fact abrt true friends always there for u no matter wot . When you're sad and upset they do owt to make u smile . Never bitch oh turn there bk on u. It just im probry quite and people forget. every one am okeys am just putting a status xxx '

Illiterate people the world over can now communicate with like minded half wits thanks to social media sites like Facebook.

What a mindless chav:eek:!
  • Options
    damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    Got a new mum on my feed, now I'm a new mum too so I get it in a way but...not constant updates on the baby pooping, pictures of her breast feeding (boobs just hanging out lol) and her bleeding....:o

A while ago I had a new mum complaining in very explicit terms about her itchy vaginal thrush and how it was driving her bonkers. I suggested that she trim her nails and give her foo a good scratch:D
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »

Eewww, has she never heard of TMI?! :confused::o
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saladcream wrote: »
    worst answer to " how are you" that I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! EVER

this is a response on a status feed when someone asked - how are you...

waiting for letter to go for my op on back. its urgent if i dont have it done i will be paralized from waist down in 6 month. I have a nice fella called Ronnie. Devorcing. Bob. But got to wait 2 years as he don't want a devorce.

Bet she wished she'd never asked!:D
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A while ago I had a new mum complaining in very explicit terms about her itchy vaginal thrush and how it was driving her bonkers. I suggested that she trim her nails and give her foo a good scratch:D

I had a friend do the same thing. When I read your post, I actually wondered if we had a mutual friend, but mine is not a new mum. Anyway, she was moaning about her thrush and cystitis and asking if anyone knew how to get rid of them quickly, bearing in mind she had a date with her new boyfriend the next day!
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any status that celebrates whichever inane, boring mediocre effort that the account holders child has achieved that day or....

"Happy 2nd birthday to my darling baby boy/girl!".....

Like the kid has an account and and 'like' it >:(

Or my real pet hate....

'Like and share this if you have a son/daughter you adore'.

Gag. Puke. >:(
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rehab_101 wrote: »
    I've 2 friends on facebook that repeatedly make me hover over the 'I don't want to see this' button....

One, a man in his 50's who insists on putting 'lol' at the end of almost every status:
    'done me good deed for the day lol'
    'just bagged up all me old notes lol'
    'drinking a cup of tea lol'
    'i'm bored lol'
    'just been for me walk lol'
    As you can see, they do not warrant a 'lol'

But my current fav, for which I shall copy and paste (good luck deciphering!) is from a 24 year old girl.

On tops of these status' she puts on at least 5 selfies a day, fully caked in make up in varying poses, for which if she doesn't get any comments, follows the pictures up with status' detailing what she doesn't like about her appearance. And of course has a weekly announcement 'Tym to delete sum ppls again' pre cull.

I'm sure we have the same friends rehab :D
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Bored so took a selfie"
    That must have kept you busy for all of a minute
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    "Bin on fone to job centre for almost 30 mins and finally got fru to a person! Told them fred* got a job now so dont need to claim jsa nemore and dey tell me fred as to ring them not me!"

*name changed lol

Seriously did she think she could ring job centre to get her boyfriends jsa stopped now he has a job? If that was the case i bet there would be a lot of bitter ex partners ringing up the job centre pretending to be their exes partner to get their payment stopped!
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a friend at the moment who's turning into a real Bridezilla! She's getting married at the end of next year and has just had a huge rant because she suggested a week in Spain as a hen party and a couple of her bridesmaids have said that they can't afford it, or are going to spend that money on a family holiday! She's moaning as she doesn't want to go out into the city for her hen do (which is going to be next summer!) She's also moaning because none of the bridesmaids are paying for their dresses, alterations, hair or makeup so she thinks that because she's paying a couple of hundred quid extra for each of them they should drop everything and go where she wants to go!!
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a (kind of) family member on my facebook.

Her father died a few years ago with alcohol related issues & since then she regularly posts long posts with soppy poems about fathers & death, talking about 'omg, i cnt belive itz bn 1/2/3 yrz snc u died. i stil miss u evri day. u wer the bst dad eva' etc & such like.

Now, you'd feel sorry for her maybe if you didn't know that before he died he never paid her the slightest bit of attention & hadn't actually even bothered to see her for years. They had no kind of relationship whatsoever.

She also posts pics of her dogs that have come & gone. We've had chihuahua's in full dress including special doggy shoes although I think the chihuahua has been rehomed & a new puppy has taken his place (at least I hope it has as I've never seen such an unhappy looking dog as that poor chihuahua in full chav regalia!)

I've got someone else who only ever posts 'poor me' posts or boring mundane posts like 'eating choccy in bed...im sooooo naughty lololol' or 'back garden looks lovely, now all i need is a nice man to snuggle in it with'

I've also got one who regularly posts huge long man hating rants about her exes & men in general, usually followed by loads of her friends telling her how fantastic she is & that she will meet someone worthy. Or she'll post one week ranting about how much debt her ex left her in & how she's singlehandedly going to be paying it off for ever & then she'll post she's going here, there & everywhere. She drives me crazy...I'd delete her but she's my sister! :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on my friend list has been yapping on about how she was getting a baby scan today and finding out what sex her baby would be. She must have made about 20 statuses about this week and how she would "let everyone know" as soon as possible. She's been getting tons of attention, and she just posted...

"know the sex of the baby :D so excited, dont wanna tell anyone just yet, hehe will keep yous guessing for a while lol x"

Ugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Just smashed day 1 of the 30 day abs challenge, bring on tomorrow!"

For someone whos size 6, thinks nothing of spending up to 6 hours at once in the gym, and jogs several miles a day for a workout im amazed she managed to do 15 whole sit ups AND 5 crunches! Round of applause for her please.

Eta for those who dont know, 30 day ab/squat challenge is something on facebook that lasts for june, which encourages people to join in and tone up. Its designed for absolute beginners hence why day 1 is so easy, and each day the number of repetitions increases. The idea is that the increase means people feel like theyve achieved it if they reach the end as everyone can do 5 crunches but by the end of it its around 250 you do.

Obviously my friend who is so pleased at doing day one has no reason to be as she isnt the target audience for it.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t31.0-8/q71/s720x720/1501112_541785379264158_5984188521810365519_o.jpg

So this picture has been doing the rounds on my news feed today.

Am I the only one who thinks it comes across as very patronising and smug? Why can't people do nice things without having to post it online for everyone to comment on? Some of the comments are sickening with many people calling him an inspiration and a hero! I guess he would also be the type of person to feed the homeless and then make a video about it, too.

Of course, if you say "why not just do the deed without putting it on Facebook?" you get the usual idiots giving you abuse such as "he's trying to show people how to be a better person". LOL.

I saw this and the first thing that sprung to my mind was that if he was that great a person he wouldn't have posted it all over Facebook for "likes". Also, he's banging on about how she's no different and deserves to be treated normally yet he's attracting far more attention to and making a point of her disability by posting this. Obviously if you say anything like this then you get told you're a horrible person and that the guy is fantastic and inspirational. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You made me laugh , I would love to see that on my newsfeed , did you get any likes for your comment ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This was funny,on one of those selling pages.

Seller: "pine coloured computer desk, brilliant condition and almost new. Need to sell as havent got room for it in new house. £30"

After no interest in a few days...

Seller: "reduced to £5 if someone can collect TODAY. I will also throw in a *insert name and make of an old printer* for FREE!"

Potential buyer "where are you? I can come in the afternoon if thats ok?"

Seller "i will pm you my address, afternoon is fine. Do you have a van or do you want me to disassemble it?"

Potential buyer " i dont want the desk, just the free printer"

Lol :D
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rip Rik Mayall" from prople who have never even me tioned him before. Followed by pics, quites and youtube clips..