Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• portislayportislay Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Pubes on the bog seat
  • KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    - The term "tin of juice" on takeaway menus. It's soooo Glaswegian and what's wrong with "can of soft drink"?
    - Colleagues saying "that payment's went through". It's GONE through, you English-language-abusing idiots.
    - Supermarket workers stacking shelves and refusing to acknowledge the fact that you'd quite like in there to purchase something, thank you very much. I was trying to choose hair colourant to sort out my nasty bleach job the other day - a very important decision and one not to be rushed - but would the shelf stacker get out of the way to let me make my choice? Nope - didn't budge an inch. Bought nothing, hair still yellow. Grrrrrr.
    - Anyone coming within my personal space zone in a shop. Come back in a sec when I'm gone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    When I try to post something on the forum and my laptop autocorrects and won't let me type what I want >:(:kitty:

Related:

When you're typing a post and then when you open a tab to verify some information, the page you're writing the post in refreshes.
  • SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    People who leave someone's house in a car and then pointlessly beep their horn as they drive off. They've already said goodbye before they got in the car, the beeping is totally unnecessary and is extremely annoying for everyone in the street. Makes my blood boil!!
  • Summer DeepSummer Deep Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Songs that a literally one single line repeated over and over and over, nothing else, just one fricking line - those pss me off no end. >:(

One guy I worked with used to sing the line "Dee Dee Dee" to himself all day. He probably did so for every day of the 4 years I worked with him.

Another colleague would sing "Ya Da Dee", but he changed this to "Yo Do Do" for the next 15 years!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supermarkets that have half their tills switched off, meaning long queues at the available tills. Queueing hacks me off big time, I hate standing in a line like a sheep, but obviously pushing in is out of order.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people talk about the World Cup, Not interested.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Supermarkets that have half their tills switched off, meaning long queues at the available tills.
    I used to hate how Sainsburys would open at 7am and you'd see all the self-service tills green-lit (ie. open), but 10mins later when you were ready to pay they'd all be red-lit (ie. closed) and you'd have to use a cashier - not a fan of those. But after a little email to the Sainsburys people asking them "wtf is up with this then peeps" (ish), that practise has now stopped. I rock. :)
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Another one of my pet hates which pi$$e$ me off....

So, I get the 17:15 E.Grinstead train service from London Bridge every evening to commute home after work. 95% of the time, this train always leaves from Platform 11 but me, not wanting to be a smart alec, I always wait behind the ticket barriers until 'Platform 11' is actually shown on the screens above (where it shows the train times and the platform numbers they are leaving from).

I cannot stand that many people, are already waiting at Platform 11, when I walk into the station at 17:05. The train is already on the platform but the doors do not open until 17:15. Its as if they are 'showing' everybody just how 'clever' they really are by knowing that the train they are standing by, is indeed the 17:15 E.Grinstead even though it has not been officially announced......GET. A. LIFE. >:(>:(

Just once, I wish that an announcement would come over the tannoy saying something like, 'The 17:15 E.Grinstead service will now depart from Platform 14'

.....that would wipe the smile off those smug gits waiting on Platform 11.>:(:D

When I used to commute into London, I was one of those people who went directly to the normal platform.

Sadly, one time, the train WAS going from a different platform - I didn't notice the announcements & got on totally the wrong train! Luckily I noticed at the first stop, so got off & had to go back. After that, I always waited behind the barriers until the platform number came up on the screen. :D

One day, many of those people in your post will do the same as I did! :D
  • portislayportislay Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    UTTER COMPLETE *******, who tailgate then overtake on the inside then imitate every ****ing maneouvre that you make from infront. This utter ****** did this to me in his 4X4 and I just tried to move out of his lane as I knew he was deliberately looking for a set-to andf he just kept on doing it until I saw him pull off at the next junction. ****UING WANKER>:(
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    Swipe wrote: »
    People who leave someone's house in a car and then pointlessly beep their horn as they drive off. They've already said goodbye before they got in the car, the beeping is totally unnecessary and is extremely annoying for everyone in the street. Makes my blood boil!!

Agreed. It's very thoughtless!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    portislay wrote: »
    Pubes on the bog seat

Ugh yes, I used to have to share a bathroom with the most hairiest guy ever. The sink was always full of hairs and beard shavings it used to drive me nuts.
    He never cleaned up after himself. Luckily he's moved to a different bathroom now and I've bleached and cleaned everything. And swept the disgusting floor.

What is wrong with people these days in regards to that they don't clean up after themselves? I'd be so embarrassed if it were me but it seems some people have no shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    KikiDafuq wrote: »
    - The term "tin of juice" on takeaway menus. It's soooo Glaswegian and what's wrong with "can of soft drink"?
    - Colleagues saying "that payment's went through". It's GONE through, you English-language-abusing idiots.
    - Supermarket workers stacking shelves and refusing to acknowledge the fact that you'd quite like in there to purchase something, thank you very much. I was trying to choose hair colourant to sort out my nasty bleach job the other day - a very important decision and one not to be rushed - but would the shelf stacker get out of the way to let me make my choice? Nope - didn't budge an inch. Bought nothing, hair still yellow. Grrrrrr.
    - Anyone coming within my personal space zone in a shop. Come back in a sec when I'm gone.

That could be resolved by merely asking the supermarket worker to move. Perhaps the supermarket worker didn't acknowledge you because they couldn't see you. I usually use 'excuse me, please' and it tends to work.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who thoughtlessly park too close to you and you literally cannot open your car door, so you have to climb in over the passenger seat>:(
    That happened to me on Friday, I have discovered I am not as agile as I used to be :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

where do you live ? As i will come down and beep my horn at ya :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Supermarkets that have half their tills switched off, meaning long queues at the available tills. Queueing hacks me off big time, I hate standing in a line like a sheep, but obviously pushing in is out of order.
    They do it to get you to use the self checkouts
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    People who thoughtlessly park too close to you and you literally cannot open your car door, so you have to climb in over the passenger seat>:(
    That happened to me on Friday, I have discovered I am not as agile as I used to be :blush:

The trick is to park within the lines but as far left as possible. They'll only block you in if they cross the line themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member

Oops I do that all the time. Not at night though.
  • Lisa_ClaydenLisa_Clayden Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Selfishness - People who think the whole world revolves around what they want and they know very well that they are this way and how it affects people and they do nothing to stop it or tone it down.

Wait that might not be trivial.....
  • MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I offer a lift to a colleague or friend, it winds me up if they "just have to ring a friend" and spend the entire journey on their phone. I don't want to listen to an inane conversation about how pissed they were last night, heaven forbid it's a conversation about grans dodgy hip.

Selfish sods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YouTube bloggers.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was people making blogs about mental health problems or recovering from surgery or advice on being gay/black, whatever, but it's the narcisstic morons who have thousands of suscribers and get tons of views for acting silly on camera. They run around their houses filming themselves, film their family, film their pets and document every single detail of their life and act like they're some sort of celebrity.

Currently trending on YouTube is a boy who has filmed himself and his Dad taking part in a fizzy drink challenge in the back garden. Whoever drinks the longest wins. Why can't he just compete with his Dad for fun, why does he need to set a camera up in the garden to show the world? Cue tons of fake coughing and spluttering and poor jokes and staring into the camera, probably can't wait to run to his laptop and upload it so everyone can see it.

These people need to turn their computers off and experience the real world. Another one I remember is a guy introducing his family to YouTube and filming them and telling them to "say a bit about themself" to the camera.

And don't even get me started on that Pewdepie character! Millions of views and thousands of suscribers simply for shrieking and acting loud and doing anything possible to be seen as "crazy" and everyone laps it up and he's making a fortune.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the weather is hot and I want to open the window but then there's the problem of flies entering and invading the household.

I absolutely hate bees, wasps and other flying bastards! I can't stand them at all!:D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    When you go to a supermarket, and they dont have any loose baked potatoes/large ones, so you have to buy a pack of 4 which is more than you want >:(
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    When you go to a supermarket, and they dont have any loose baked potatoes/large ones, so you have to buy a pack of 4 which is more than you want >:(

Just rip open the pack and pick one. There's bound to be other folk in the same position as you so you'll also be doing them a favour.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that I dropped my iPhone on the only bit of the floor that isn't carpeted, meaning that I've now got a phone with a broken screen. Not happy. :(
This discussion has been closed.