Three home signal

14567810»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    hi is there a hack for this home signal box so i can add non 3 phones?
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pandashoe wrote: »

if there was i don't think you should be asking here as you would be breaking T&C'S with Three...you are naughty for asking :rolleyes:
  • liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And three do not issue them out to customers easy you have to fight for it.

i had mine within 2 calls to three :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    we used to break laws on here back in the sat hacking days lol
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That just isn't going to work.

You'd need to get the device communicating with the systems of the other networks for that to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I had no signal what so ever at the flat ive just moved into.
    And after a couple of phone calls i received my box today. and its awesome :D
  • huwdwhuwdw Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not technically possible. The unit establishes a secure VPN connection back to to Three's network.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And three do not issue them out to customers easy you have to fight for it.

Its a shame if that is the case. In reality you are offering to purchase a device that compensates for their inadequate signal*.

*Obviously there are physical factors that some locations just can not overcome. But its still overcoming a lack of service which should be a good thing.
  • michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liamhere wrote: »
    i had mine within 2 calls to three :D

Same here. They could see my phone registering and dropping off the network. Once they verified that the mast was working correctly the networks team said it must be something in my home or the fact that i live next to the Airbus Factory and Airfield and offered me money off my contract. I declined this as a working signal is more important to me, so they said they will send me a home signal box.

That was last Friday, and the box arrived yesterday. A very simple process and now i get a full 5 bars all around my house!

Michaelalanr :)
  • nigelbbnigelbb Posts: 1,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    offered me money off my contract. I declined this as a working signal is more important to me, so they said they will send me a home signal box.
    That was my experience too. It seems bizarre that they prefer to offer money off your contract rather than give you a Home Signal box that works so well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I found out about the Three Home Signal via this thread, thank you.

I first called three customer services after moving to my new home and realising there was only signal outside the house. Three days later (today) the network team called me back. They did some tests and said as there were no complaints from other residents there was nothing they could do. I suggested the Home Signal, and they replied that I could have it for £50. It arrives tomorrow.

I'm on SIM only one month rolling contract, the One plan.
  • WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I first called three customer services after moving to my new home and realising there was only signal outside the house. Three days later (today) the network team called me back. They did some tests and said as there were no complaints from other residents there was nothing they could do. I suggested the Home Signal, and they replied that I could have it for £50. It arrives tomorrow.

I may now have some hope then. Because until now I thought it was only available to contract customers. But if they are starting to offer it to sim only customers, it may be worth me giving them a ring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info, I'm not giving up even though I'm only PAYG. If Voda can do it then so can three.
  • huwdwhuwdw Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep trying - nothing like being sat on your sofa with a -65dBm signal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they still won't SELL me one to make up for their crappy coverage (as I am on PAYG). So I think its time to admit defeat and defect to someone more expensive but less crap -

Vodaphone I suppose given they let you buy a sure signal. Will sure miss the generous PAYG £5 p/m data package and better "extras". But I will at least get a signal at home and in the area around here 3 have been on the slide signal wise since they dumped Orange as 2G fall back.

Think I'll wait until after holidays until requesting my MAC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Sorry to resurrect this post...I am going through the same shenanigans with Three in trying to get a Home Signal box. After speaking with them at length over the last few weeks they still refuse to give or even sell me a box.

I am on the One Plan and I am very happy with the service apart from at home where I struggle with a signal indoors. Even though they openly admit they have the boxes and it will fix the issue they still wont give me one because I am not on a 24 month phone deal! I am more than happy to buy one but still they refuse. So it seems they want to pick and choose who they help.

I have now made an official complaint, but I doubt I will get a response.

Cheers
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gr4z wrote: »
    So it seems they want to pick and choose who they help.

It just makes no sense for them to offer it to you.

They must feel that it's too expensive to offer them to all customers, particularly a SIM only customer as there's no incentive for that customer to continue their service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Daveoc64 wrote: »
    It just makes no sense for them to offer it to you.

They must feel that it's too expensive to offer them to all customers, particularly a SIM only customer as there's no incentive for that customer to continue their service.

But I see others have been offered it for free - even people on SIM only deals! I am happy to pay for one!
  • pepstarpepstar Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read the messages on here about people's struggle to get a homesignal box, I gotta say that mine was painless, I have only just taken out a contract with 3 and their network is great everywhere apart from home. I contacted them when I was still in my contract cancellation period and they offered to cancel my contract, but I said I wanted to stay with them. So they said to wait until I was locked into contract before I could get a unit.

I called them earlier this week again, they pulled up previous notes, and they sent it next day... It's great, and I gotta be honest as a person who would have never joined 3 a year ago, I'm really impressed with ther network and service.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wish 3 would simply sell or give away this product without the hassle. If Vodafone can do it why cant 3?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all;

Just tought I would post my experience with Three when requesting a Home Box to boost the signal inside my house as it is very poor.
    I note that some people have had terrible trouble in getting one but my experience was very smooth and painless.

Let me breifly explain that I made the request to Three under medical grounds as I suffer from cancer and can no longer move around my house to get a better signal and obviously need a good signal at all times now.
    When I explained this to the call center person in India they imediately passed me on the the second teer supervisor who did a quick check on my signal strength and agreed that internal signal is low in my area and agreed to send out a free box there and then. It should arrive tomorrow and i will post an update on how the set up goes. Took less than 10 mins to arrange.
    All in all very pleased with Three and customer support.:)