FV:CH32 Movie Mix

acefee311acefee311 Posts: 1,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Big Deal has now changed to Movie Max via channel 32 on Freeview, It may need to require a retune on various freeview operating systems.
At the moment its operating Bid Plus till 8pm then showing Speed auction TV till midnight. Then teleshopping is showing till 3am followed by films (first night showing the borrowers and short cutters) till 5am. Then more teleshopping till 9am when Bid Plus is back on-air.

Sauce: News information report via Emely Moor/Southowram Transmitters from 1243pm.

Comments

• ozsatozsat Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    The label here says 'Movie Mix'
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the hours coining from?

Will this channel show Movie or just tellyshopping?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    Will this channel show Movie or just tellyshopping?
    Try reading the post.:rolleyes:
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So currently it looks like a 24-hr slot with just 2 hours of films (and in the wee small hours at that)?

I won't be troubling the retune menus just yet ......
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overnight movies appear to be designed for Freeview+ PVR owners to record during those timeslots with the remainder of the day for the viable teleshopping market.

It also allows Bid Shopping to air Bid Plus and Speed Auction on Freeview for the first time, which gives airtime to all of their brands on the platform.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still 2 hours a day, and surely not enough for more than 1 decent-length film per day either.
  • freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering if this is temporary until January using the new UKTV slot?
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Speed auction is on now.

And according to the EPG Speed auction starts at 5pm tomorrow but 8pm for the rest of the week
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Still 2 hours a day, and surely not enough for more than 1 decent-length film per day either.

They're putting the films on in the early hours of the morning and they've got The Hoax (2006 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462338/) in a few days' time.

I don't know why they've changed the name since it's still mostly shopping tat.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering if this is temporary until January using the new UKTV slot?

The host just now said "on channel 32 right through Christmas Time" so it seems like a temporary thing.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More tat on Freeview :rolleyes:
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have I understood this correctly? The nametag has changed to MovieMax, its a 24hr channel that shows movies for 2hours(ish) a day, and shopping for the remainder. Ooooooooohkay then!
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Have I understood this correctly? The nametag has changed to MovieMax, its a 24hr channel that shows movies for 2hours(ish) a day, and shopping for the remainder. Ooooooooohkay then!

Bonkers innit? :confused: (unless, of course, they intend to increase the proportion of films at some stage)
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    Part of the DMOL LCN rules are that a channel must "morph" into another channel in order to keep the same LCN. If Big Deal changed into Movie Mix and the content changed from teleshopping to movies overnight, they'd be forced to get a new LCN. So instead they've kept the teleshopping component, and changed two hours overnight to films. Nobody can argue it isn't the same channel (the fact that the other 22 hours of actual teleshopping haven't been broadcast for a few months until today seems to have gone unnoticed). They have then changed the channel name after a few weeks of that. They will probably increase the film quota until it becomes a 24hr film channel. Or, alternatively, they will shrink it back down to only the two hours in the middle of the night again when Dave ja vu launches.
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    If Big Deal changed into Movie Mix and the content changed from teleshopping to movies overnight, they'd be forced to get a new LCN.

They've gone through enough changes in the past without that happening, considering that it was originally a premium rate phone-in quiz channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, that's about right.
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it does exactly the opposite of what it says on the tin.

I just found it by accident to see a confusing mixture of channel name and programme name witha caption saying they're having tech problems and will be back shortly accompanied by something not too far from lift music.

Then a short time later a woman's voice giving a 'babes channel' type phone-me boys message which was more confusing in mid-afternoon.

What a load of crap. All selling and slappers. Ch32 won't be getting my custom unless they put on some programmes.

Edit: Oooh - there's a 1958 film on More4 - that's for me!
    I'm off.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    So 'bid plus' is broken already? They've put on speed auction instead.
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, at least we have Speed Auction on Freeview.
    Been waiting for ever. :D:D
    Noticed earlier that Spped Auction was on instead of Bid Plus despite EPG showing Bid Plus. Also, how can Bid Plus be broken? What does it mean?
  • Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member

Perhaps it should be called MovieMin...
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin1960 wrote: »
    Perhaps it should be called MovieMin...

It's actually called MovieMix, but, so far, the mix is very thin.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acefee311 wrote: »
    Big Deal has now changed to Movie Max via channel 32 on Freeview, It may need to require a retune on various freeview operating systems.
    At the moment its operating Bid Plus till 8pm then showing Speed auction TV till midnight. Then teleshopping is showing till 3am followed by films (first night showing the borrowers and short cutters) till 5am. Then more teleshopping till 9am when Bid Plus is back on-air.

Sauce: News information report via Emely Moor/Southowram Transmitters from 1243pm.

Transmitter news brought to you by HP? :D:D:D

PJ
  • flilotflilot Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Transmitter news brought to you by HP? :D:D:D

PJ

Sounds more like a Heinz 57 Varieties channel, to be honest :)
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're putting the films on in the early hours of the morning and they've got The Hoax (2006 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462338/) in a few days' time.

This was actually an obscure 70s film of the same name.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0201661/

The name change has clearly caused some interest but outside of the shopping hours it just seems to be typical Cellcast/Squre1 filler material which has also appeared on Smile TV and Sumo TV.
  • Thames/LWTThames/LWT Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    flilot wrote: »
    Sounds more like a Heinz 57 Varieties channel, to be honest :)

I'll ketchup with you later.