HO Holly to make shocking claim

Comments

• Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    poor Dodger! :(

I hope this doesn't drag out too long, I am however very surprised that Dodger and Holly did sleep together in the first place :O

I agree it was totally out of character for both of them
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Wow! Poor Dogder. What is it with Hollyoaks building storylines around false accusations? I'm already put off by Holly, but this will make her irredeemable in my opinion. I don't need to see people think Dodger's a rapist just like I don't need to see people thinking JP is a child abuser. Just not interesting TV.

I at least hope Dirk completely supports Dodger. I think that would be the most ridiculous character change of all time if Dirk suddenly thought Dodger could do such a think. Also, hope they don't make JP suddenly think Dodger could do such a thing considering what he's been through, but I wouldn't be surprised since Hollyoaks often have characters forget their own experience and lash out at others without any empathy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Wow! Poor Dogder. What is it with Hollyoaks building storylines around false accusations? I'm already put off by Holly, but this will make her irredeemable in my opinion. I don't need to see people think Dodger's a rapist just like I don't need to see people thinking JP is a child abuser. Just not interesting TV.

I at least hope Dirk completely supports Dodger. I think that would be the most ridiculous character change of all time if Dirk suddenly thought Dodger could do such a think. Also, hope they don't make JP suddenly think Dodger could do such a thing considering what he's been through, but I wouldn't be surprised since Hollyoaks often have characters forget their own experience and lash out at others without any empathy.

I am hoping JP notices Holly's behaviour doesn't add up to her being a rape victim.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is to accommodate John Paul's storyline. He will be disgusted and it will obviously work him up after what he's been through, and maybe when he has a rag at Holly after the truth comes out he will let something slip in his anger that will raise suspicion

I think so too though I hate what Holly has done. It not only destroys an innocent person's reputation but is an insult to real rape victims and then you get real rape victims hesitating in case people think they are lying and all because of people like Holly. It's a shame as I used to quite like Holly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I am hoping JP notices Holly's behaviour doesn't add up to her being a rape victim.

Yes, JP will see right through her and it serves her right.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It actually makes me so angry that Holly is doing this, can't she see how it will effect Dodger in the future?! And after Callum died last year she should emphasise with him because he lost Texas as well! :(
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the story will be that JP will offer her support? He may trell her that he was raped and that he knows how awful it is. She will then feel guilty and withdraw her allegation whilst at the same time letting slip to someone that JP was raped for real?
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    gwenda wrote: »
    Surely the story will be that JP will offer her support? He may trell her that he was raped and that he knows how awful it is. She will then feel guilty and withdraw her allegation whilst at the same time letting slip to someone that JP was raped for real?

I could see this happening since on the spoilers it looks like JP goes after Dodger for allegedly abusing Holly which I think is pretty hypocritcal on his part since he has experienced what it is like to be falsely accused of something. Poor Dodger. :( Perhaps I'm interpreting some of the pictures incorrectly but it seemed like JP was part of the mob going after Dodger which I think would lose him sympathy as a rape victim. Just another way the Hollyoaks writers are screwing up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I could see this happening since on the spoilers it looks like JP goes after Dodger for allegedly abusing Holly which I think is pretty hypocritcal on his part since he has experienced what it is like to be falsely accused of something. Poor Dodger. :( Perhaps I'm interpreting some of the pictures incorrectly but it seemed like JP was part of the mob going after Dodger which I think would lose him sympathy as a rape victim. Just another way the Hollyoaks writers are screwing up.

But if JP doesn't know Holly lied, isn't it natural that he would go after Dodger given what Finn put him through? Yes, he faced false accusations because of Finn's lies but obviously in that instance he knew he hadn't done anything wrong and until Robbie said that he didn't write the statement, he didn't realise the lies were down to Finn. In this case, how would JP know who to believe given that he lacks inside knowledge/information? If he believes Holly, he may feel a bond with her because of what he went through and his anger will be more pronounced because he was raped by Finn. It wouldn't be hypocrisy if JP believed Holly's lies and even for JP it will take time to wok out from Holy's behaviour that she must have lied.
  • joshua_martinjoshua_martin Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    didn't dodger completly blank jp thet dat after the police charged him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Finn may try to rape Blessing soon. In the waveguide spoilers for Thursday the 29th it says "Finn may have set his sights on another victim" and for the next day it reads "a day of fun turns extremely sinister for Blessing"

I quite like Blessing, I hope nothing happens to her:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't dodger completly blank jp thet dat after the police charged him

Yep, but JP admitted to hitting Robbie though and it wasn't just Dodger it was pretty much the whole village
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why would Finn try to rape Blessing? In the case of Phoebe and Robbie he has quite strong motives but Blessing is completely unconnected with the JP stuff.
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the repercussions of the false accusation, when it comes out they are false, will give Robbie food for thought about his own behaviour towards his uncle and therefore the blackmail issue Finn has over him.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already commented about the lazy writing that is going to turn Holly into a carbon copy slapper just like the rest. Create some characters that are more than one dimentional, Hollyoaks. It's getting really irritating now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why would Finn try to rape Blessing? In the case of Phoebe and Robbie he has quite strong motives but Blessing is completely unconnected with the JP stuff.

Maybe he finds out she's trans
    He raped JP to show him who the 'real man' was
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baban wrote: »
    I think Finn may try to rape Blessing soon. In the waveguide spoilers for Thursday the 29th it says "Finn may have set his sights on another victim" and for the next day it reads "a day of fun turns extremely sinister for Blessing"

I quite like Blessing, I hope nothing happens to her:(

I think Blessing's problems might involve her blackmailer the private investigator?
    Forum Member
    It actually makes me so angry that Holly is doing this, can't she see how it will effect Dodger in the future?! And after Callum died last year she should emphasise with him because he lost Texas as well! :(

well it seems she forgotten Callum even existed, I mean she moved on to Jason pretty quick.
    Forum Member
    Maybe he finds out she's trans
    He raped JP to show him who the 'real man' was

he might bully her cause he sees her as being a freak, but I don't really see why he would, he would probably try and blackmail her, but I see him bullying Ste over his coke habit and Robbie because he told JP about the statement.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    This is ridiculous. I actually like Holly but I may dislike her now because she shouldn't have done this. Poor Dodger!
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Holly is choosing to do this. No one is forcing her to. She is doing an awful thing, just as Robbie has done two or three times now - neither will get truly punished for such hideous lies, potentially ruining innocent people. >:(

However, when Kevin lied about Brendan (a violent murderer) assaulting him, he was a weak, pathetic man being manipulated by a raging psychopath (Walker). Yet people on here still cheered when he was violently assaulted by Ste. I like Ste now, and I hope he never becomes violent again, but at the time, I loathed him. Showing a former abuser violently beating someone, innocent or not, was a huge mistake imo. But then Hollyoaks has continued to make mistakes for the past year. >:(
    Violent murderer or no, Brendan was as innocent of assaulting Kevin either sexually or physically as Dodger is of raping Holly.

BIB - Definitely, and for longer than that.
    Forum Member
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Maybe the repercussions of the false accusation, when it comes out they are false, will give Robbie food for thought about his own behaviour towards his uncle and therefore the blackmail issue Finn has over him.

doubt it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid idea! Oh yeah this is really going to help rape victims isn't it. Absolutely disgusting!
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks cries unfair every TV Awards / Soap Awards / Baftas etc that they win nothing, but they don't deserve it when they continuously trot out the victimisation of characters with no sign of comeuppance for those who victimise them.

They think they are doing OK by giving us numbers and websites to contact if we empathise with their story. How the heck can a small village contain around dozen characters who ought to be in jail ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Hollyoaks cries unfair every TV Awards / Soap Awards / Baftas etc that they win nothing, but they don't deserve it when they continuously trot out the victimisation of characters with no sign of comeuppance for those who victimise them.

They think they are doing OK by giving us numbers and websites to contact if we empathise with their story. How the heck can a small village contain around dozen characters who ought to be in jail ?

They do eventually get their comeuppance. Will Savage and Dr Browning did and we know Finn will too.