Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Know doubt we will be seeing her soon

Comments

• Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    They've mentioned since they first arrived in 2013, I get a feeling she'll be like Mr Papalopadous. Often spoke of but never seen.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    They've mentioned since they first arrived in 2013, I get a feeling she'll be like Mr Papalopadous. Often spoke of but never seen.

Elaine will definitely be seen.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt it linda's mum?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    She is Lindas mum
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had enough carters
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She is Lindas mum

O right I wouldn't be surprised thought Linda having a gran sometime down the line.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather Elaine than more Carters.

Someone to give Linda a bit more airtime. She seems to be sidelined for the Shirley and Her Siblings scenes.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many Carters. We know there will be more, so I'd like to see Elaine - someone who isn't strictly a Carter but would fit into that group of characters.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a Biggs not a Carter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    She is a Biggs not a Carter.

And Ronnie Biggs is her grandfather :D
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Know doubt we will be seeing her soon

It's actually Linda's mother who they were living with in Watford. When she said grandma Elaine she was meaning Jonny's Grandma.

Unless she has to give up her sEemingly quite successful pub in Watford for some reason I doubt she'll become a regular character. Just gut instinct but i'd imagine she's younger than Stan and Babe - perhaps mid 50s if they are sticking with Mick and Linda being about 37 which they seem to be if Tina at 40 is eloder enough than him to remember him as a baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picture her as some classy older lady who tries to pull of a dodgy upper class accent :D.

But would Elaine really pack up her life where she has a pub of her own, to live with her daughter, son in law and their ever expanding family? I'm all for her appearing on the show on a recurring basis though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should create a brother for Linda would love to see if she had a brother what he would be like with mick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I picture her as some classy older lady who tries to pull of a dodgy upper class accent :D.

But would Elaine really pack up her life where she has a pub of her own, to live with her daughter, son in law and their ever expanding family? I'm all for her appearing on the show on a recurring basis though.

Same here!

My guess is that Mick will want Shirley out of the Vic and he gets Elaine to buy her out, possibly selling her pub in the process.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here!

My guess is that Mick will want Shirley out of the Vic and he gets Elaine to buy her out, possibly selling her pub in the process.

That would infuriate me. Shirley put nothing in, she should get nothing out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here!

BIB: I can't wait to see that happen (if it actually does) :D.

Shirley at the Vic is really preventing Linda from reaching her full potential as a character, and I truly believe she has massive potential. They just really need to get her out of this rut she is currently in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

I don't understand why Linda doesn't put her foot down to Mick in regards to Shirley. Shirley has been nothing but rude and snarky towards Linda since she wormed her way in as landlady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

Oh I know, but Shirley will not see it that way.
    BIB: I can't wait to see that happen (if it actually does) :D.

Shirley at the Vic is really preventing Linda from reaching her full potential as a character, and I truly believe she has massive potential. They just really need to get her out of this rut she is currently in.

I agree, Linda needs to be the one in charge of the pub as she is the true landlady. Hopefully if Elaine does arrive, she will just help out rather than taking over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why Linda doesn't put her foot down to Mick in regards to Shirley. Shirley has been nothing but rude and snarky towards Linda since she wormed her way in as landlady.

Because he knows that Shirley is his mother! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he knows that Shirley is his mother! :o:D

So basically Shirley is just an older version of Kat? There is only one Kathleen Slater and it isn't Shirley Carter :D.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Elaine will definitely be seen.

You know that for certain do you Vaslav old boy? ;-)
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Lorraine Chase is getting her agent onto this one :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Yes they have. Mick was talking to her on the Phone and said Linda was out because she didn't want to chat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elaine is definitely going to feature at some point in the future, it's inevitable. It will be good to see Linda's mum, who is not related to the Carters. Linda is missing something, which is most likely some sort of relation.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did make a thread on Linda's family regarding the references to her family and how i would like to see them

It was also obvious that it isn't her grandma, it is Johnny, Lee and Nancy's. She said "Grandma Elaine". If it was Linda's grandma, she would of said "Great Grandma Elaine" when talking to Johnny