Davros!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
Forum Member
Just seen the new trailer...that's definitely Davros.

Can't work out what the Dalek says though at the end.

Comments

• radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a Dalek. According to subtitles...."I see into your soul Doctor, I see beauty, debility, a trap"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beauty, divinity, hatred
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Exactly what I thought, got to be him! I never thought though that in this series the daleks could have a big part in the story arc, because we haven't really seen them in a big way since series 4. And obviously if the Doctor is going to be looking for gallifrey, then the Daleks will be interested! Will be nice to see Davros back and hopefully he is alot better than he was in the series 4 finale.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused! Did I miss a trailer?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Confused! Did I miss a trailer?

A Teaser
  • wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love davros, I hope Julian bleach reprises the role he was amazing portraying davros.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i dont think it is Davros, sounds like that nicolas briggs bloke to me.

though i would love it to be Davros
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i dont think it is Davros, sounds like that nicolas briggs bloke to me.

though i would love it to be Davros

Maybe Nick Briggs is playing Davros. :D

While it's certainly not a normal Dalek I think it is more likely to be the Dalek Prime Minister or some other Dalek command figure than Davros.

It could even be a slightly more sane Dalek Caan.
  • LordofGallifreyLordofGallifrey Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Probably going to turn out to be a Dalek, but I so want it to be Davros.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the Dalek Time Controller?

Briggs gave it a bit more personality than your average Dalek.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts off sounding like Davros (how he pronounces "Doctor") but then morphs into a Dalek voice. That's how I picked it up anyway.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not Dave Ross, it's that little wibbly Dalek Emperor/Prime Minster blob. He speaks in a more human'esque way, and was banging on to the Doc' about the Dalek's concept of seeing beauty in hatred back in Asylum of the Daleks.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its definitely Davros. The first voice is different to a Dalek and if you watch Davros in the series 4 finale its sounds similar.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Dalek Cann.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sounds like Nick Briggs to me as well, certainly not Julian Bleach.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I'll stand to be corrected in a few months time but I am 100% stating it's Davros!
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does sound like Davros initially...

...although it also reminds me of the "Silence will fall" voice in the TARDIS.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say Davros first, then a Dalek.

Much like (radically OT) The Six Million Dollar Man where Harve Bennett said 'Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive', and Richard Anderson said everything else. :p
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not the journeys end actor is it, the pitch in the voice is different, but other people seem to thinknit is ?

Doctor Who Series 8 Trailer 3 Breakdown - Davros …: http://youtu.be/jf0xjmi5en0
    Doctor Who Series 8 Trailer - Reaction: http://youtu.be/ZmXcoF8i5Oo

Im declaring its the Master, he has jumped into a D@leks body :p
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I immediately thought it was Davros, by what he was saying, as well as the voice. Although the voice did change to be more Daleky. Surely the production team would realise people would jump to the conclusion it was Davros, and if it's not him, they'll be a lot of disappointed viewers
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I immediately thought Davros. The first part of dialogue in the trailer sounds exactly the same as the "the children of time are moving against us" speech from Series 4... However I think if the Davros voice was intended to be as obvious as it was, BBC would have announced his return on twitter. So I'm not entirely convinced it was Davros. Maybe a way of hiding a dalek voice and then slowly making it more obvious who it is as the trailer progresses?
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Its not the journeys end actor is it, the pitch in the voice is different, but other people seem to thinknit is ?

Doctor Who Series 8 Trailer 3 Breakdown - Davros …: http://youtu.be/jf0xjmi5en0
    Doctor Who Series 8 Trailer - Reaction: http://youtu.be/ZmXcoF8i5Oo

Im declaring its the Master, he has jumped into a D@leks body :p

I'm growing so bored of that EmergencyAwesome guy. I don't know what it is but I find him so irritating. He talks about the trailer like it confirms Davros is back 100%, when no one can know for sure yet.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I'm growing so bored of that EmergencyAwesome guy. I don't know what it is but I find him so irritating. He talks about the trailer like it confirms Davros is back 100%, when no one can know for sure yet.
    There's quite a bit of inaccuracy and assumption in his videos. In the 50th Anniversary Easter Eggs video, he thinks the Three Doctors reference is "Chroma" instead of Cromer.

Plus he manages to mispronounce Davros so many times that it makes me wonder if he's watched the episodes featuring Davros?
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davros?

Oh, no, not again!

Why can't he just... die?
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That EmergencyAwesome guys incredibly smug and annoying. It's clearly not Davros, more likely Dalek Caan.