Options

Loose Women - Carol

Comments

• Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    Her boyfriend work at ITV. He isn't a builder. I doubt Carol earns that much money either. Loose Women isn't really a big show.

She certainly earns enough to keep jetting off to exotic places on holiday (jealous- me???)!!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trequk wrote: »
    Well she sure as hell earns a shed load more than him. I work in the media and it's poorly paid until you get up to higher eschalons which I doubt he is. He'll have a high old life for a year or so on the back of her connections and money. He'll bag himself a new job certainly as she'll get him sorted and then bye bye carol
    It's not long since she was talking about how many thousands of £s her properties are worth, especially one of them that she bought many years ago... I'm sure she said it's worth over a £million (not the place she lives... an extra one she owns) and she has a radio programme as well so she's pretty well off I would think!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't have her radio show any more :(
  • Options
    Europa666Europa666 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiddles wrote: »

Shame, because she has the perfect face for radio.

Except she probably still calls it a 'wireless'. :D
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Fiddles wrote: »

That was a good show!
    Europa666 wrote: »
    Shame, because she has the perfect face for radio.

Except she probably still calls it a 'wireless'. :D

Far too easy.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she get a "pay off" when she divorced multi millionaire Chris Evans?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god - what's happend to the carol Mc of old ? If it was someone else in the public eye a year ago she'd have been down on them like a ton of bricks saying well good on you but he'll be off like a shot with half your cash within a year and I think sadly this will probably be the outcome for her.

Thing is at her age whats the hurry to get wed? If they're happy together, they should live together and see how things go over a couple of years. 5 months ?!?!? That's just rushing into things for the sake of it and the cash I suspect they 'll make thru " OK " and all the other deals they'll surely do.

Yes, I'm quite surprised. After years of professing never to marry again and lauding her independence she's suddenly marrying the bloke after 5 months.

She'd have been the first to scoff at a pre-menopausal woman getting engaged to a bloke half her age, now she can't stop gushing about him.

The likely scenario is it will not last, as the age gap will tell.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey, must be catching...another one of the LW getting spliced (again!)

They must all have caught something........

Each others' bouquets, perhaps???:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Lynda married Mr Spain last year.....Jane's engaged to the Searcher bloke.....and miraculously Tim has not yet left gobby Denise. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont forget Carol works for LBC too
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carols nearly 50 does she think a 26 year old is gonna stick around for long

shes known him 5 months and getting married :eek:

Well, when they split up in due course I'd like to be the one to comfort her ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    hatpeg wrote: »
    Did she get a "pay off" when she divorced multi millionaire Chris Evans?

Wasn't she the head of the company or radio station he worked for at the time, before he became so big, so therefore must have earned a decent living herself!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh god - what's happend to the carol Mc of old ? If it was someone else in the public eye a year ago she'd have been down on them like a ton of bricks saying well good on you but he'll be off like a shot with half your cash within a year and I think sadly this will probably be the outcome for her.

Thing is at her age whats the hurry to get wed? If they're happy together, they should live together and see how things go over a couple of years. 5 months ?!?!? That's just rushing into things for the sake of it and the cash I suspect they 'll make thru " OK " and all the other deals they'll surely do.
    Especially when she makes no secret of the fact that she doesn't like and doesn't want any children... although I suspect that at her age she's either been through or is going through the menopause so is probably past the child-bearing age!! ;)
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the same old trollop who is always banging on about how happy she was being single and childless ??? :confused::eek:

Always knew that deep down she was an unhappy dried up prune.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't she the head of the company or radio station he worked for at the time, before he became so big, so therefore must have earned a decent living herself!
    I think he has worked for several radio stations over the years including Piccadilly Radio in Manchester and Richard Branson's Virgin Radio, which I think he may have bought at sometime, so maybe Carol had a share in it when they split... hence her wealth!

How long ago was she married to Chris Evans? I remember hearing her saying their split was not at all amicable so I don't know how long they were married! I'm sure I read somewhere that he has a daughter about 20 'ish... presumably Carol's not the mother...!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picklebum wrote: »
    Is this the same old trollop who is always banging on about how happy she was being single and childless ??? :confused::eek:

There's a story of her engagement in the Daily Mail.... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1113202/Loose-Womens-Carol-McGiffin-announces-engagement--toyboy-22-years-junior.html

Here she is looking very happy with her ex husband!;) http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/12/article-1113202-003D4BB900000258-200_468x631.jpg
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't carol get a lot of money in the 90s off a newspaper for libel?
    i though when she came back last week she looked a bit haggered. the sun has shrivelled her skin.
    she used to be alot better when she was single now all she every does is go on about her "boyfriend".
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot are ridic!

I've never heard such a load of negativity on any of the boards before and I've commented on the Jade threads a few times so that's saying something.

Do none of you people think it is possible that a woman can feel completely happy being single and then happen across a man who she actually feels is worth having a relationship with?! Or do you think it's better to sh*g about until you stumble on someone yoou genuinely like?

And you are all jumping to the conclusion he wants her for her money! Just because someone owns a house worth £1m doesn't meant they are worth £1m - I don't think she's particularly minted but either way, it doesn't really mean anything - he's hardly poor himself anyway!

All of you are basing your ludicrus statements on things you are presuming! And as for the comment about the menopause :rolleyes: get a grip!

She's a grown up, an intelligent, attractive woman and I think she will be able to make her own mind up about this one - I'm really shocked how vitrolic you all are!

And for the record, I absolutely cannot stand Loose Women so don't have me down as some kind of fanactical stalker :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    SylviaB wrote: »
    I think he has worked for several radio stations over the years including Piccadilly Radio in Manchester and Richard Branson's Virgin Radio, which I think he may have bought at sometime, so maybe Carol had a share in it when they split... hence her wealth!

How long ago was she married to Chris Evans? I remember hearing her saying their split was not at all amicable so I don't know how long they were married! I'm sure I read somewhere that he has a daughter about 20 'ish... presumably Carol's not the mother...!

I'm think she was high up of one of them in London but she at least worked for a radio station, don't know if it was Virgin though. Just read that they were married from 91 - 98, but they separated in 95.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picklebum wrote: »

Methinks she doth protest too much......let's face it, Carol is very outspoken and would have probably been one of the first in line to ridicule if it had been another 40-something woman getting engaged to a much younger bloke.
  • Options
    Europa666Europa666 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    You lot are ridic!

I've never heard such a load of negativity on any of the boards before and I've commented on the Jade threads a few times so that's saying something.

Do none of you people think it is possible that a woman can feel completely happy being single and then happen across a man who she actually feels is worth having a relationship with?! Or do you think it's better to sh*g about until you stumble on someone yoou genuinely like?

And you are all jumping to the conclusion he wants her for her money! Just because someone owns a house worth £1m doesn't meant they are worth £1m - I don't think she's particularly minted but either way, it doesn't really mean anything - he's hardly poor himself anyway!

All of you are basing your ludicrus statements on things you are presuming! And as for the comment about the menopause :rolleyes: get a grip!

She's a grown up, an intelligent, attractive woman and I think she will be able to make her own mind up about this one - I'm really shocked how vitrolic you all are!

And for the record, I absolutely cannot stand Loose Women so don't have me down as some kind of fanactical stalker :D

Good post...

I don't believe you wrote it though; based on this statement I'm surprised you can see to type.
  • Options
    abs2512againabs2512again Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    They just showed a picture of him.

If I wasn't married myself and he asked me, I would say yes!!!! Lucky women!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen a photo of him on Loose Women..pretty good looking bloke!!! Good for her men marry younger women all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a difficult feat but he's a vast improvement on Chris Evans. :D
  • Options
    ItalianbeautyItalianbeauty Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen it too, he is gorgeous!! What does he see in her?
    I'll get my coat...