Options

Is Susanna the Chris Hollins of 2013?

2»

Comments

• Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never know what will happen in a final. Last year DVO was objectively the best dancer but Louis eclipsed her in the final and proved to be a good winner. It would be great to see Susanna and/or Sophie upping their game like that. Sophie is still inconsistent and Susanna has the same level of dancing ability as Ashley but is able to gurn and emote to her advantage. Try looking away from her face to observe what she's doing with her top line / legs :eek:
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuzyPashaa wrote: »
    Which is sad cause they are the worst dancers left. It's not fair and that bugs me but Oh ,well - what can you do? I am not the biggest fan of Patrick, Natalie or Abbey but their ability is way above Susanna's and Sophie's. Talent matters-at least it should!

If matters in terms of which if them are going to get dance roles after but in terms if winning strictly, not so much - there it is only part of the story.

This week Susanna was clearly the worst. Next week the gap will be even wider between her and the others. If she is there for the final it will be a difficult position for her as it will be clear that it is one of those years when dance doesn't matter.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin makes them a very likeable partnership and she has had a couple of stunning dances.

But overall, I don't find the partnership right, it looks too mother/son at times and she has definately peaked.

Abbey and Natalie are top 2 by a clear distance.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Sorry. Let's not argue over definitions. I don't think she's already won it, I think there is a good chance she might, I think it's between Susanna & Sophie at the moment. I wondered if Susanna's support might be slipping a bit but after tonight I think definately not. However who knows how it will pan out, if one or others of the S's are eliminated next week the support they had could go to Abbey or Natalie. Patrick stands no chance of winning. If he makes the final he will be lucky.

Despite being in the DO weeks ago I think Abbey has done enough in the past couple of weeks to make her a serious contender.

In fact I think it's between her and Susanna and Abbey could possibly pick up the 'anyone but Susanna ' vote.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jinx2 wrote: »
    Of course it's good for the BBC if Susanna wins but that does not mean it's a fix or a foregone conclusion.

I cannot see any way where the BBC benefit.

She will still present BBC Breakfast and a few other programmes. I doubt very much if she will become the face of the BBC, or that the BBC will be able to capitalise on her winning SCD. The victory will be soon forgotten, only to be brought up on Breakfast perhaps
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I cannot see any way where the BBC benefit.

She will still present BBC Breakfast and a few other programmes. I doubt very much if she will become the face of the BBC, or that the BBC will be able to capitalise on her winning SCD. The victory will be soon forgotten, only to be brought up on Breakfast perhaps

Oh good. I thought it was just me that couldn't understand why the BBC would benefit from one of their presenters winning a dance competition.
  • Options
    StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with some people? your remark about Wayne Rooney is totally uncalled for!.....are you a reporter? The world cup is just around the corner and lets slag off the best ENGLISH footballer this country has>:(........pathetic!......the SCD forum is certainly not the place to do it!

No, I'm not a reporter but I am educated and do have an opinion so I apologise if you find it offensive. The problem I have with you quoting me is if I've made a comment regarding Wayne Rooney which football team (if any do you think I support?!)

What I was trying to do however was create the analogy (which seems lost on you) that such a smile which I still maintain borders on gurning is not fit for an AT. I wasn't the biggest fan of her Paso but the facial expression was spot on.

That's all I was trying to do so do excuse me if you think the opinion was worthy of quoting or thinking I was trolling which I was not!
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuzyPashaa wrote: »
    Which is sad cause they are the worst dancers left. It's not fair and that bugs me but Oh ,well - what can you do? I am not the biggest fan of Patrick, Natalie or Abbey but their ability is way above Susanna's and Sophie's. Talent matters-at least it should!

Maybe Susanna & Sophie aren't quite as strong as the others but I think they're good enough and have provided some of the most memorable dances of the series. Also, of course no one's going to be as good as Natalie - she came into the series with 14 years worth of dance training (which is fine, I've no problem with her taking part or winning - but it's unrealistic and unfair to expect the others to get anywhere near her in terms of ability).
  • Options
    MissT10MissT10 Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I think that people are certainly voting for S and K based on personality rather than dancing ability at this point, as IMHO they've had two shockers in a row.

I hope that this coming week all the contestants dance as well as they've shown they can do in previous weeks (although not all in the same week).
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chris was just very likeable and did improve each week - possibly we expected less from him.

Susannah may win but I think/hope one of the better dancers will win.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissT10 wrote: »
    I think that people are certainly voting for S and K based on personality rather than dancing ability at this point, as IMHO they've had two shockers in a row.

Susannah has but Sophie had an excellent dance last week.

But I agree, they both have the biggest fanbase of all the dancers left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Maybe Susanna & Sophie aren't quite as strong as the others but I think they're good enough and have provided some of the most memorable dances of the series. Also, of course no one's going to be as good as Natalie - she came into the series with 14 years worth of dance training (which is fine, I've no problem with her taking part or winning - but it's unrealistic and unfair to expect the others to get anywhere near her in terms of ability).

This :D
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not Susan's biggest fan but I wouldn't have a problem if she won. I can rarely get worked up about who wins on these reality shows - it didn't even bother me when Chris won. Oh and Kevin seems really nice so as with Cola - I think it'll be a case of me being more happy for the pro than the celeb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What we have to remember is that series 7 had nothing to do with Chris's popularity, Ricky's unpopularity or either's ability to dance/not dance - the result had everything to do with Jade Johnson getting hurt and thus ruining Ian's only realistic chance to lift the glitterball (nope, Zoe Ball doesn't count as she was pitted against the might of GOUGHIE). They were getting better and better every week til that accident. I'm gutted we never saw that tango and I'm sure they'd have won if it wasn't for that :(:(:(

I don't believe Susanna and Kevin are as far ahead in the popularity polls as Team Cola were, and I think that Abbey, Natalie, and Sophie and Patrick on their day, present much more serious competition in the enjoyment stakes than Ricky Whittle ever did. It's all going to come down to a Tom Chambers-style final dance followed by mega vote, kids.* You heard it here first.

*Yes I know that it was obvious Tom would win before this, but that is technically what happened :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I will try not to be biased because personally she is my favourite and I vote for her every week. I think what some people have to understand is it isn't a professional dance competition! It is a dancing show with celebrities on it so naturally people are going to vote based on who is their favourite personality not the best technical dancer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member

What you say about Natalie- I totally agree. I like seeing a week to week progression too. What I'm saying is - IMHO the winner should be one of the better dancers. That's all. Personality wise I really like Susanna and would be OK with her winning- she seems lovely. I am really impressed with Abbey's dancing and I love Anya's choreography, so whoever wins it's :cool: :)
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nicely said, especially BIB;-)
  • Options
    StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will try not to be biased because personally she is my favourite and I vote for her every week. I think what some people have to understand is it isn't a professional dance competition! It is a dancing show with celebrities on it so naturally people are going to vote based on who is their favourite personality not the best technical dancer.

I have to agree with this and it's certainly something I've done in the past for sure and will probably do in the future.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissT10 wrote: »

I hope that this coming week all the contestants dance as well as they've shown they can do in previous weeks (although not all in the same week).

To be fair they have had Three shockers on a row. Cha Cha, QS then the AT, for which they were well over marked. Weeks later (when they should be better) was it really worth the same marks as Sophie & Brendan's AT. :o