Darren and Lilia in Waitrose

fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There I was, queuing up in Waitrose, when I noticed that the couple in front of me were Darren & Lilia. Was dying to discuss Strictly with them but went all British and ignored them.

Comments

• Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fern3 wrote: »
    There I was, queuing up in Waitrose, when I noticed that the couple in front of me were Darren & Lilia. Was dying to discuss Strictly with them but went all British and ignored them.

Chicken ;-) I'm sure they wouldn't have minded.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably way off the mark, but haven;t they just been involved in DWTS or similar in Thailand...I seem to recall seeing this?
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    I'm probably way off the mark, but haven;t they just been involved in DWTS or similar in Thailand...I seem to recall seeing this?

I think they do travel the world working on the Strictly/DWTS franchise. I know Darren's a judge on the Lebanese version and Lilia has been a judge on the Turkish DWTS. I'm not sure about Thailand but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd involved in that one too.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another flashmob then ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Not another flashmob then ...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my favourite thread title EVAH!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opera in John Lewis / Waitrose Foodhall

http://youtu.be/44UC6muN8KY
  • MONIFIETHBOYMONIFIETHBOY Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. Very nice.

I'll see and raise you with the WestJet Christmas movie. It is an ad of course but really good.

http://youtu.be/zIEIvi2MuEk
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serving on the check-outs, or dancing down the aisles?
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opera in John Lewis / Waitrose Foodhall

http://youtu.be/44UC6muN8KY

Aww:( nothing like that ever happens round here.
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    This is my favourite thread title EVAH!

It would have been even better if they'd been in Aldi! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we allowed to ask the location of this Waitrose, in case anyone wants to do a stakeout for the next sighting? :D:D
  • fern3fern3 Posts: 1,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waitrose Surbiton branch.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fern3 wrote: »
    Waitrose Surbiton branch.

Bet you're kicking yourself now you didn't say hello! :)
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Ozzy Osbourne in Waitrose once.
    clearly the supermarket of choice for celebrities
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw David Bowie in Waitrose once and said hello as I thought he was someone I knew personally , I realised who he was when when he replied. He was lovely though:blush::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try Waitroses in Marylebone and Knightsbridge for celeb watching - or ignoring.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try Waitroses in Marylebone and Knightsbridge for celeb watching - or ignoring.

Actually Sainsbury's or M&S in Islington is pretty good too. Not to mention Budgens in Belsize Park. ;-)
  • strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have talked to them. I love Darren and Lilia!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The place to see "anyone" around 1960, was Barclays Bank in Regent Street.
    Being the nearest branch to Broadcasting House, on a Friday, you could see no end of TV people queuing up at the windows to cash a cheque.

When I was a teenager, on one occasion, Shirley Bassey was behind me in the queue. She was happy enough to pass the time of day, (we were moaning about having to wait) maybe she was willing to have the conversation was because I didn't acknowledge that I knew who she was.

When my firm moved to Knightbridge a year later, on another occasion she was there again in the queue at that branch.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yeah they set it up I think, or helped to set it up (not entirely sure what this means) but they did both fly out there - Darren is currently head judge on DWTS in Lebenon (I think Lilia is involved too with choreography) and Lilia was judge in the Turkish version
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being the nearest branch to Broadcasting House, on a Friday, you could see no end of TV people queuing up at the windows to cash a cheque.

When I was a teenager, on one occasion, Shirley Bassey was behind me in the queue. She was happy enough to pass the time of day, (we were moaning about having to wait) maybe she was willing to have the conversation was because I didn't acknowledge that I knew who she was.

When my firm moved to Knightbridge a year later, on another occasion she was there again in the queue at that branch.

WOW what memories to treasure. Thanks for sharing:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW what memories to treasure. Thanks for sharing:)

At the time my future wife and I in our late teens had moved into a flat in Soho and we could both walk to work in the West-End. You saw no end of well known TV people in the evenings, in that area or Soho and never thought much of it.

We don't see "anybody" now, where
    we live!
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the time my future wife and I in our late teens had moved into a flat in Soho and we could both walk to work in the West-End. You saw no end of well known TV people in the evenings, in that area or Soho and never thought much of it.

We don't see "anybody" now, where
    we live!

You probably saw more famous people in a year than I've seen in my life! :p

I saw Martin Clunes in Boots once and Lofty from East Enders stayed at the same hotel as me once. Passed Warren Clarke in the street in Leamington one lunch time. That's all I can think of! :D

I would have stared at Darren and Lilia until I caught their eye and then wave to them! :p