Options

N. C. I. S. (spinoff? )

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just looked at my epg for ncis on CBS action & it states that N.C.I.S is a spinoff of jag & not CSI? Is this correct?

Comments

• Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Yes iindeed
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its nothing to do with the CSI franchise
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looked at my epg for ncis on CBS action & it states that N.C.I.S is a spinoff of jag & not CSI? Is this correct?

Yep, its true.

Gibbs first appeared in the JAG 2 parter "Ice Queen" & "Meltdown".
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gibbs and Tony were In it weren't they? It's worth a watch lol the characters were nothing like they were in NCIS if I remeber correctly.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Gibbs and Tony were In it weren't they? It's worth a watch lol the characters were nothing like they were in NCIS if I remeber correctly.

Agreed, there were character "tweaks" that happened before they started filming NCIS proper, and of course they dropped several characters (no my memory isn't that good, so thank you IMDB).:blush:
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Agreed, there were character "tweaks" that happened before they started filming NCIS proper, and of course they dropped several characters (no my memory isn't that good, so thank you IMDB).:blush:

They did much the same when they launched NCIS: LA from within NCIS as they did with NCIS from JAG. Changed and tweaked characters somewhat.

Wonder if the same will happen with NCIS: New Orleans now it has just launched within NCIS.

Magnum, Quantum Leap, JAG and NCIS were all created by the same person and share a naval heritage theme. You can make a case for them all being set in the same universe. Including possibly Hawaii 50 (as Magnum referenced this show throughout and the new Hawaii 50 has already crossed over with NCIS: LA)
  • Options
    Spdub2Spdub2 Posts: 272
    Forum Member

Magnum, Quantum Leap, JAG and NCIS were all created by the same person and share a naval heritage theme. You can make a case for them all being set in the same universe. Including possibly Hawaii 50 (as Magnum referenced this show throughout and the new Hawaii 50 has already crossed over with NCIS: LA)

On that basis Murder see Wrote is also in the same universe as there was an episode of that where Jessica Fletcher had to get Magnum off IIRC a murder charge .
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

CSI - CIS different initials ;) Easy mistake to make though....Several people i know thought the same thing
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

Officially what are linked via crossovers are:

JAG
    NCIS
    First Monday (a legal show that only lasted one season--Dean Stockwell's character on it migrated over to JAG)

then through NCIS, of course, the now two NCIS spinoffs.

Donald Bellisario actually sued over NCIS: LA by the way, since he was cut out of the process and has nothing to do with that show.