Options

They should have picked a STAR team

penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Bored with Tess. She's done a great job as Bruce's minder and deserves great praise but she isn't a lead host and lacks charisma. I also think she's been there long enough.

I like Claudia but not as a host on SCD. Claude does small and intimate well where she can use her wit and modern humour. She is not right for SCD the main show and especially not with Tess. Physicality does matter and they look daft together.

My idea: Patrick Kielty and Cat Deeley. A great team. Both witty and professional, Patrick multi-talented and it should be a male/female couple. Show also needs a change. Think the Beeb should have gone for a new look if Norton didn't want the gig.

Comments

• Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Doesn't matter what anyone would/would have preferred or think they should have chosen someone else, the BBC has made it's decision and all viewers can do now is choose whether to watch or not from the beginning or start watching and then decide if they want carry on watching.

I, for one, will happily be watching the whole show for the whole series - something I couldn't do before with the previous presenter.

At least the previous presenter always said at the beginning of each show "Now let's meet the STARS of our show." i.e. the dancers.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I don't see why this couldn't have been posted in one of the current, busy threads on the same subject...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see why this couldn't have been posted in one of the current, busy threads on the same subject...

I humbly beg your pardon. Feel free to move it - I don't know how.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what anyone would/would have preferred or think they should have chosen someone else, the BBC has made it's decision and all viewers can do now is choose whether to watch or not from the beginning or start watching and then decide if they want carry on watching.

I, for one, will happily be watching the whole show for the whole series - something I couldn't do before with the previous presenter.

At least the previous presenter always said at the beginning of each show "Now let's meet the STARS of our show." i.e. the dancers.

Isn't there a third option, Janet? Watch, enjoy but still feel free to comment?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was just referring to the choice of presenter.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Lmao Patrick is the definition of a has been, last time Cat was on primetime BBC 1 was with Sytycd which if iirc fell to below 2m!!!! Patrick is far more marmite than Claudia. He would turn far more people. Terrible suggestion
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bored with Tess. She's done a great job as Bruce's minder and deserves great praise but she isn't a lead host and lacks charisma. I also think she's been there long enough.

I like Claudia but not as a host on SCD. Claude does small and intimate well where she can use her wit and modern humour. She is not right for SCD the main show and especially not with Tess. Physicality does matter and they look daft together.

My idea: Patrick Kielty and Cat Deeley. A great team. Both witty and professional, Patrick multi-talented and it should be a male/female couple. Show also needs a change. Think the Beeb should have gone for a new look if Norton didn't want the gig.

An awful team. They've had their day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lateone wrote: »
    An awful team. They've had their day.

And Tess and Bruce hadn't...???!!!
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I highly doubt the Beeb would have wanted to change both presenters at once; they probably want to keep familiar faces in the interests of stability. I imagine they'll see how this series goes with Tess and Claudia at the helm, and then decide if they want to make further changes in the hosting team next year. Although, to be perfectly honest , I'm happy with Tess and Claudia as hosts; I think they did very well in the weeks Bruce wasn't there.
  • Options
    lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Tess and Bruce hadn't...???!!!

Obviously Bruce has. He's gone!
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Lmao Patrick is the definition of a has been, last time Cat was on primetime BBC 1 was with Sytycd which if iirc fell to below 2m!!!! Patrick is far more marmite than Claudia. He would turn far more people. Terrible suggestion

Exactly! If the BBC want to kill the show, they'll employ those two.

Oh, and in the world of British TV, how are Kielty and Deeley "STARS" exactly?
  • Options
    BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Rob Brydon was a better replacement for Brucie.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Tess isn't the best presenter ever, but Claudia has lots of personality. Anyway, I'd rather let the dance partnerships be the focus of the show, not the presenters and I quite like the fact that a prime time BBC show will be presented by two women, instead of a bloke with a woman stood next to him.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

LOL, Cat is basically Claudia's little sister :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F135iMoHpmY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In YOUR opinion. Obviously not in the BBC's, nor in mine and a lot of others.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No absolutely not!
  • Options
    BruciesChinBruciesChin Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Janet43 wrote: »
    In YOUR opinion. Obviously not in the BBC's, nor in mine and a lot of others.

I'm not going to put "in my opinion" at the end of every sentence. If I write something you can take the "in my opinion" as a given.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    I can't help but feel that this is a bridge year before Graham Norton replaces Tess next year.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    I can't help but feel that this is a bridge year before Graham Norton replaces Tess next year.

Except he's already said that he doesn't want to do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Anton would be a good replacement for Bruce.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wondered about a Patrick Kietly fan. How are you, Patrick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HeidiB wrote: »
    It's already been decided by the BBC - Tess and Claudia.
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HeidiB wrote: »

No, but he'd be good in a supporting role - preferably supporting a multi-storey car park as part of the foundations.