Radio Mi Amigo RSL, Exhibition, Audience with Pirates, Aug 14-17 Harwich

Comments

• LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike oFone wrote: »
    I am sure they would have, had they known they would be able to move the Ross in time, however, due to all the hurdles that had to be jumped, they were in the hands of the authorities as to when permission to move was finally agreed.

Fair enough. Such a shame, but still at least she is out of Tilbury now.
    Being at Tilbury had its advantages as in it allowed a lot of work to be done but it had the disadvantage of not being publicly accessible. At least any Tom, Dick or Harriet can see her now.
    Anyway ... Radio Mi Amigo. I am enjoying the tests and look forward to proper programmes.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the tests has stoped for now as all you will get now is a test tone. but they did say something like this would happen on sunday & monday.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was down the beach today and KM 106.8 was coming in at 25 db wonder which station will win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was down the beach today and KM 106.8 was coming in at 25 db wonder which station will win?
    now are you shore its km 106.8 from here http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/guston.php that your geting & not km for here http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/broadstairs.php as that site is closer. also both these site only us 100 watts why RSL's only 25 watts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both were coming in will have to do another video and when the station starts to show how the signal is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried 106.8 and not getting this just KMFM should it be on now?
  • MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Just tried 106.8 and not getting this just KMFM should it be on now?

Yes, streaming online, there's a report on Facebook from Walton on the FM, can hear it but signal not very good.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just listened twice today & both times they are playing scratchy LP's or 45's not very good :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I am getting here

http://youtu.be/FJudxEhHy1Q
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Ray266 wrote: »
    I have just listened twice today & both times they are playing scratchy LP's or 45's not very good :confused:

Been tuned in via Wi-Fi for the last 30 mins and not really impressed. They are currently playing some awful country & western track. Its not got much "pirate" sparkle and not a patch on the Radio Caroline North RSL.

Disappointing so far.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balance terrible.
    the Female ? on now is but a whisper between tracks.
  • bigd558bigd558 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Good luck to all involved. I haven't been able to listen until the last 45 minutes or so. Hopefully the current technical issues can be resolved. Some of the audio sources into the desk are very low volume - particularly the presenters mike, and at least one of the music sources is very poor quality, while others seem fine.

Is there an email address or a programme schedule anywhere? The email link on the website isn't working for me.
  • MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    said early this week that 106.8 was far to near other station
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I am getting here

http://youtu.be/FJudxEhHy1Q

ofcom need to give mi amigo their money back as 106.8 is to near other station
    Forum Member
    bigd558 wrote: »
    Good luck to all involved. I haven't been able to listen until the last 45 minutes or so. Hopefully the current technical issues can be resolved. Some of the audio sources into the desk are very low volume - particularly the presenters mike, and at least one of the music sources is very poor quality, while others seem fine.

Is there an email address or a programme schedule anywhere? The email link on the website isn't working for me.

No email address yet it seems, on Facebook they just mention contact form on the website.
    http://lv18.org/contact/index.html
    presume the one you say is not going through?

"text on 07837 520191 (+44 7837 520191 from outside of Great Britain) tweet us @miamigo1068 / FB us https://www.facebook.com/miamigo1068 Let us know who you are, where you are listening and your memories of Offshore Radio!"

Tony Currie just announced that they will be off the air from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m tomorrow to work on technical improvements.
    Forum Member
    MrRayDO wrote: »
    ofcom need to give mi amigo their money back as 106.8 is to near other station

"Licences are issued for coverage of a town or part of a city, typically a 3km (2 mile) radius in an urban area, or a 5-7km (3-4 mile) radius in a rural area. Power levels are set accordingly, with account also taken of interference levels, which limit coverage of the service. Coverage areas and transmitter sites, particularly for the higher power levels on FM, will be scrutinised carefully."

Ofcom RSL licence rules, as I said earlier they are conducting a pre-announced monitoring exercise on RSL's last month and this to make sure all this is being followed.
  • Excess BaggageExcess Baggage Posts: 1,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 minutes for me is enough!

Records for brothers and sisters and some wieird unknown Flower Children thing from 67!

The jingles are v. poor quality too.

What a shame.

Where is Mi Amigo?
  • bigd558bigd558 Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    MikeBr wrote: »
    No email address yet it seems, on Facebook they just mention contact form on the website.
    http://lv18.org/contact/index.html
    presume the one you say is not going through?

"text on 07837 520191 (+44 7837 520191 from outside of Great Britain) tweet us @miamigo1068 / FB us https://www.facebook.com/miamigo1068 Let us know who you are, where you are listening and your memories of Offshore Radio!"

Tony Currie just announced that they will be off the air from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m tomorrow to work on technical improvements.

Thanks Mike, good to hear that Tony Currie is also involved. A very talented broadcaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still not good and should never be called mi amigo as that was a great station and them on the lv18 are nothing but cowboys , no wonder roger day is not doing it now and enda sounds fed up . tony who ever is on now is so slow and boring and thats me finish with them . back to veronica 192
  • number6number6 Posts: 1,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened in this morning about 7:30-8:00am. Weak but listenable in Stowmarket area, stronger and with RDS(mi amigo) on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester.
    Music selection absolutely nothing like Radio Mi Amigo, presenter not great. Loved the 'pirated' news at 8am with a very professional Tony Currie.
    A couple of Mi Amigo jingles, otherwise it could have been Hospital Radio Anywhere.
    Sorry :-(
  • William128William128 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they not researched the music played of the era by Mi Amigo? I tuned in this morning - early on,, to hear some dude playing two slow'ish offshore themes.. I later tuned in to hear some Irish fella linking into some ads?

At least research the music, add some zap to the output with music and relevant ID's and crank the audio processor up!
    Forum Member
    MrRayDO wrote: »
    , no wonder roger day is not doing it now

Roger has had a hip operation, trying to get down there Saturday but needs transport.
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Listened this morning at 7 to 7.15am. Nothing like Radio MiAmigo sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looks like the webstream still keeps switching to the test tone. as thats all i'm getting now.
  • satman17satman17 Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    test tones on the web stream, poor presenters and terrable music.