Options

CORRIE EPISODE THREAD 22 August 14: Nick's Taking The Bistro!!

Comments

• Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sewing prawns into curtains
    She's still a moody, permanently angry pitbull, behaving like a crazed loony and smashed heaps of glass in a room full of people>:(. She deserves no sympathy>:(

Don't make me put you on my list of enemies too, Collie!!
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually enjoyed them episodes… thanks to Dierdre, Audrey, Sally and Gail :D Best characters!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really liked that episode,,,well the bits with Deirdre, Sally , Audrey and Gail anyway,,,,Corrie MVP's
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D that was a good spoof

The shows on ITV tonight at 7.30 and 8.30 were a spoof of Corrie.

Thank goodness for Deirdre, Sally, Tim and Audrey. though.

And Eccles lives!!
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cress seeds in the carpet then watered thoroughly
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    That was a horrendous pair of episodes! Every time you think it can't get any worse, it does!

The Hat needs sectioning :mad:
    I agree with rhumble - I thought a lot of it was classic Corrie. :) The bad bits do bring it down though. :(
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I really liked that episode,,,well the bits with Deirdre, Sally , Audrey and Gail anyway,,,,Corrie MVP's

they really are! :D
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    She's still a moody, permanently angry pitbull, behaving like a crazed loony and smashed heaps of glass in a room full of people>:(. She deserves no sympathy>:(

I don't have any sympathy for her. Ok she was right about Nick, but how could she be so certain? He really has brain damage, and she's dumped him for his mate. And the way she turned on the tears and brought Simon into it... really wish there was a vomit smiley. Why does Leanne expect everyone to care so much about Curly, and be responsible for him?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    I don't have any sympathy for her. Ok she was right about Nick, but how could she be so certain? He really has brain damage, and she's dumped him for his mate. And the way she turned on the tears and brought Simon into it... really wish there was a vomit smiley. Why does Leanne expect everyone to care so much about Curly, and be responsible for him?

I have sympathy for the actress Jane Danson who, I remember, was quoted as not being happy a while ago.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The shows on ITV tonight at 7.30 and 8.30 were a spoof of Corrie.

Thank goodness for Deirdre, Sally, Tim and Audrey. though.

And Eccles lives!!

Amen!

For that reason I rate this slightly better than Wednesday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I agree with rhumble - I thought a lot of it was classic Corrie. :) The bad bits do bring it down though. :(

There were a few LOL-worthy bits, but there was too much shiz to put up with for it to be worth it.

+ Leanne Against The World was awful - why do they insist on keeping her stuck in the tedious rottweiler mode? Jane Danson can actually act, so why not give her something different to do other than snipe and snarl at everyone?

+ The only redeeming feature in the Sophie/Skank/Eccles stuff was Deirdre & Sally. I don't care how hard he tries, The Hat can't force likebility on Skank!

+ Steve and Lloyd's 'war' with Neil is just another in a long line of unfunny feuds ala House Wars with Tracy or Lollipop Wars with Dennis *yawn*. CrazyNeil talking about bonding with the clown going for a drink with him was the best bit.

+ As good an actor as Chris Gascoyne is, I'm rather bored now of Drunk Peter wallowing in self-pity and being Jim's bitch. It used to be interesting when Peter fell off the wagon, but ever since the affair with St Ronseal I stopped caring about him and just want him gone.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,444
    Forum Member
    Tonight’s episode appearances are confirmed as:

FW = First words in episodes
    BB = Last words Before Break
    AB = First words After Break
    LW = Last Words in episode

+ Nick (FW)
    + Leanne
    + Gail
    + Audrey
    + Michael

+ Kylie
    + Kal
    + Eva
    + David
    + Steph

+ Luke
    + Carla
    + Deirdre
    + Sally
    + Tim

+ Sawfie
    + Maddie
    + Simon
    + Peter
    + Jim (LW)

+ Steve (AB)
    + Lloyd (BB)
    + Neil

Kissing Tonight

None tonight

The following characters get 2 bonus points for being in all six episodes this week:-

+ Leanne
    + Lloyd
    + Nick
    + Peter
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The more I think about it I agree. It was defiantly an improvement on the rest of the week anyhow
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cress seeds in the carpet then watered thoroughly
    Don't make me put you on my list of enemies too, Collie!!

:o But Leanne is such an unlikeable bag its impossible to like her:p
    There were a few LOL-worthy bits, but there was too much shiz to put up with for it to be worth it.

+ Leanne Against The World was awful - why do they insist on keeping her stuck in the tedious rottweiler mode? Jane Danson can actually act, so why not give her something different to do other than snipe and snarl at everyone?

+ The only redeeming feature in the Sophie/Skank/Eccles stuff was Deirdre & Sally. I don't care how hard he tries, The Hat can't force likebility on Skank!

+ Steve and Lloyd's 'war' with Neil is just another in a long line of unfunny feuds ala House Wars with Tracy or Lollipop Wars with Dennis *yawn*. CrazyNeil talking about bonding with the clown going for a drink with him was the best bit.

+ As good an actor as Chris Gascoyne is, I'm rather bored now of Drunk Peter wallowing in self-pity and being Jim's bitch. It used to be interesting when Peter fell off the wagon, but ever since the affair with St Ronseal I stopped caring about him and just want him gone.

Leanne appears to have taken lessons from MissHell in atrocity. Imagine a scene with both of them together:o

I am NEVER EVER EVER going to like the skank. Kwynne will declare undying love for Aaron, Houndy for Debbie, Star for Donna and the whole Daily for Laurel before it happens. Got that Hat? You will NEVER make her likeable or even tolerable>:(.

Sick of Lloyd the most boring bloke in the history of the planet who makes house bricks and magnolia wall paint exciting.

Sick of Pe'er and his wino wobbles too. Get p!ssed. Don't get p!ssed. I don't care just p!ss off my tv>:(.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That scene with the car was ridiculous - did no-one else notice how impossibly quickly Maddie managed to walk away from Sophie and return in the car? :D:D:D

HATE Amy >:( awful scenes.

Do not understand how anyone finds Deirdre funny. She puts on the same stupid voice and face as Gail does and it seems totally forced. just not funny.

I love Leanne, but this whole storyline seems like groundhog day. Three divorces behind her and the same scenes everytime. Brilliant actress though. Wish they would give her some normal scenes.

I liked Michael tonight :)
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Jason was only going to take the lovely Eva dressed like that to the Rovers.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chilli powder/ground pepper in the bed sheets
    CherylFan wrote: »
    Can't believe Jason was only going to take the lovely Eva dressed like that to the Rovers.

They were off to Chinatown in M'cr
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne appears to have taken lessons from MissHell in atrocity. Imagine a scene with both of them together:o

I am NEVER EVER EVER going to like the skank. Kwynne will declare undying love for Aaron, Houndy for Debbie, Star for Donna and the whole Daily for Laurel before it happens. Got that Hat? You will NEVER make her likeable or even tolerable>:(.

Sick of Lloyd the most boring bloke in the history of the planet who makes house bricks and magnolia wall paint exciting.

Sick of Pe'er and his wino wobbles too. Get p!ssed. Don't get p!ssed. I don't care just p!ss off my tv>:(.

:o:o Man you really are serious :o:o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care how hard he tries, The Hat can't force likebility on Skank!

Uncle Stuart certainly can't but the actress who plays her sure can.

I like MADDIE. I get her character and understand why she is the way she is. She's scared of being rejected all over again if she allows anyone to see the real her (which is not a bad girl at all) She's obviously not going to be everyone's favourite character but she's got potential that could be maximized if she gets the hell away from Sophie.

I like her relationship with Simon. They both comfort each other through dark times. If Corrie could focus a bit more on that rather than her delinquency then she'll have miles upon miles of life left in her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like MADDIE. I get her character and understand why she is the way she is. She's scared of being rejected all over again if she allows anyone to see the real her (which is not a bad girl at all) She's obviously not going to be everyone's favourite character but she's got potential that could be maximized if she gets the hell away from Sophie.

I like her relationship with Simon. They both comfort each other through dark times. If Corrie could focus a bit more on that rather than her delinquency then she'll have miles upon miles of life left in her.

Hyperbole and OTT hatred aside for a moment, there's parts of this I do agree with. I understand what the character's meant to be about and all her issues etc, but the thing I don't like is the way contrived scenarios are invented in order to try and get the viewers 'on-side'; tonight with Eccles is a case in point. The Simon thing comes across as another forced situation, to me anyway, in order to portray Maddie's 'softer' side. Why would Leanne opt for Sophie of all people to babysit Simon? It's in the same vein as Tina being shoe-horned into babysitting duties for the sake of the Peter affair - it's too unnatural to properly accept. The Hat's agenda is way too obvious in this instance. He loves her so he'll do whatever it takes to make everyone else love her and that's where most of the problem lies.

I whole-heartedly agree that her association with Sophie is doing the character no favours at all though.
  • Options
    skteoskskteosk Posts: 19,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually enjoyed both episodes. I am extremely fond of Leanne most of the time and it was great to see her finally turn the table on vile Nick. I just hope that's the end of the whole dirty tricks thing and they both move on with their lives because this has been a bit boring, and we're no doubt going to get Leanne trying to prove herself to Kal's family now... Shame Sally wasn't there for the reveal after her superior act towards Leanne earlier.

I'm getting the feeling that Carla actually respects Maddie a bit and it is nice to see Maddie in a mode other than bolshy. The thing that really worries me is Amy's sudden transformation from cute kid to devil child. We don't see her reaction to the fact she basically caused Eccles' injuries but it's hard to shake the feeling she won't care. I get they're trying to emphasise the fact she's Tracy's daughter but if we're just going to have her wandering around doing horrible stuff with no consequence it's going to get very boring. (Heck, even Tracy hasn't noticed she's been possessed by a demon.)

Steve and Lloyd are always good fun to watch, one of those natural friendships that Corrie does so well, although I'm not sure why they thought unflappable Neil would be defeated by having a clown turn up. Still, it's enjoyable silliness with a slightly dark undercurrent.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the writers incapable of having Leanne in any other mood except aggressive?
    She's a *********>:(
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Jowly Jim needs to cut down his biccy consumption.
    JIm goes to a lot of trouble to get a few buscuits:confused:
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I love Jason and Eva's relationship
    It wont last
    Looked like David Platt had a nice boner in those black jeans earlier aha...
    Like an hamster
    I'd love Carla to deck Sean right here right now!
    Why would she do that ?
    How no ones glassed Sean yet in the Rovers is a miracle.
    Why would they do that ?
    More to the point, why is Sean still in the show?
    He is a great character and very popular with the vast majority of viewers.
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Are there any other customers for early doors?
    Were they at The Grapes ?
    billio wrote: »
    Haha Dierdre ... Love you.

And how the hell would Maddy have passed her test, it costs money and is only worth doing if you expect to be able to run a car.
    Why do you think she has passed a test ?
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Deirdre, brilliant! She's amazing tonight!

"Tyrone's never been the same since the one with the hair beat him up"

Such a comedy character, I love her!
    Totally agree about Dreary. :)
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Roomful of water cups
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    Actually enjoyed them episodes… thanks to Dierdre, Audrey, Sally and Gail :D Best characters!

Definitely. Loved Dierdre's line about Kirsty as well.

I'm also enjoying Eva and Jason's relationship. I know it probably won't last, but right now there's a natural easiness about how they relate to each other.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    Hyperbole and OTT hatred aside for a moment, there's parts of this I do agree with. I understand what the character's meant to be about and all her issues etc, but the thing I don't like is the way contrived scenarios are invented in order to try and get the viewers 'on-side'; tonight with Eccles is a case in point. The Simon thing comes across as another forced situation, to me anyway, in order to portray Maddie's 'softer' side. Why would Leanne opt for Sophie of all people to babysit Simon? It's in the same vein as Tina being shoe-horned into babysitting duties for the sake of the Peter affair - it's too unnatural to properly accept. The Hat's agenda is way too obvious in this instance. He loves her so he'll do whatever it takes to make everyone else love her and that's where most of the problem lies.

I whole-heartedly agree that her association with Sophie is doing the character no favours at all though.

Very well put. Her sudden caring for Simon does seem forced and unnatural. I do get what The Hat is tring to do but I'm not going with it.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With Maddie as with Tina - Simon is being taken away from being with / turning to Leanne; I remember that Jane Danson was not happy about this during the "bullying" episode.

k9fan wrote: »
    I have sympathy for the actress Jane Danson who, I remember, was quoted as not being happy a while ago.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening Cobblers and thanks for the fab thread Collie. LOVE the spoilers. :D:D:D

Sadly they don't exactly fill me with optimism for a good night's viewing. :(

I liked all these episodes it was great comedy, Corrie is supposed to be a comedy right?