• Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Lauren dropping her biscuit, then eating it when Abz points it out :D
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why go into the house ? I can only assume it's for the money.
  • Options
    VicarioVicario Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Lauren dropping her biscuit, then eating it when Abz points it out :D
    Lol I know, I tried to concentrate on what Abz was saying, but Lauren eating a biscuit was just too captivating.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

Of course it was for the money. I don't begrudge him for it at all. He was probably coaxed into it to promote 5ive and The Big Reunion as well.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Vicario wrote: »
    Lol I know, I tried to concentrate on what Abz was saying, but Lauren eating a biscuit was just too captivating.:D

Lol me too. I kept hoping she'd drop another bit :D
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every single one of them went in there for the money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are only two reasons why anyone does CBB: for the money or for the hope that it will give their career a boost.

He doesn't say "I am weary of people", he says "I am WARY of people". He explains that it takes him a long time to get close to people.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is broke. Of course its for the money. Collect them coins Abz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    He even admitted it before he went in he needed the money anyway, at least he is honest about it. ABZ TO WIN!
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every single one of them went in there for the money.

That wasn't my point.Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.Every single one of them , apart from him, were prepared to interact with each other to provide the viewers with something to watch. He wasn't, that's my point. He has hidden somewhere for most of the time. Interesting viewing? Rather insulting to the human race , with whom he states he can't be bothered , who are viewers IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wasn't my point.Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly.Every single one of them , apart from him, were prepared to interact with each other to provide the viewers with something to watch. He wasn't, that's my point. He has hidden somewhere for most of the time. Interesting viewing? Rather insulting to the human race , with whom he states he can't be bothered , who are viewers IMO.

Why do you suppose so many people love him?
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member

I completely agree with this.
  • Options
    MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you suppose so many people love him?

Love? I wouldn't say I loved him, but I did like him, until I realised he was playing a game, not being himself..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    Love? I wouldn't say I loved him, but I did like him, until I realised he was playing a game, not being himself..

He's not playing a game! God.
  • Options
    littlefriendlittlefriend Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good enough reason..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is Autistic, the mass of people and their energies would cause him to overload so he took himself off, I've a lot of respect for him and believe he's an inspiration to those raising kids on the spectrum and he has interacted, he's been in the garden playing sock ball etc he's spoken to all of the HM's
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think everyone's there for two reasons
    Raise profile with the hope of getting a job
    Get a bit of cash

If your career was flying and you were loaded you wouldn't do it would you
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    He's not playing a game! God.

He is, they all are in the game show BB

They are all playing a game.

It's not a crime, it's not to be jeered or scorned or derided. Neither does it need to be denied.

They are game players, how they play is up to them. I think he has played by keeping his own counsel when he realised there wasn't anyone in there for him to be friends with. He must be bored and lonely but it a job he has taken and he is doing it to the end. When he is out I am sure he will be relived, honour his commitments to the show and go home with his partner and his cheque.

Nowt wrong with that.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is Autistic, the mass of people and their energies would cause him to overload so he took himself off, I've a lot of respect for him and believe he's an inspiration to those raising kids on the spectrum and he has interacted, he's been in the garden playing sock ball etc he's spoken to all of the HM's

Well said. I have the same condition as Abz (Asperger's Syndrome), and although I'd dearly love to be able to interact with people as easily as most of the housemates do, that sort of thing is very tiring for me even with people whose company I enjoy. I think Abz doesn't mean that he dislikes humanity, rather that interacting is a strain and can be overwhelming. It's not a pleasant thing to live with, and I take my hat off to him for entering the house and getting this far.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are only two reasons why anyone does CBB: for the money or for the hope that it will give their career a boost.

He doesn't say "I am weary of people", he says "I am WARY of people". He explains that it takes him a long time to get close to people.

Thanks for that I don't seem to have any sound but wondered why he was weary, makes much more sense he is wary !
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He did and has interacted with HMs. He's not stated he can't be bothered with the human race, he says he he's wary because he finds it hard to trust people because he has been screwed over by those he trusted in the past.

What is hard to get?

war·y
    /ˈwe(ə)rē/
    Adjective
    Feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems: "dogs are often wary of strangers".

He isn't the first person to build a wall to protect himself.
  • Options
    sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    Well said. I have the same condition as Abz (Asperger's Syndrome), and although I'd dearly love to be able to interact with people as easily as most of the housemates do, that sort of thing is very tiring for me even with people whose company I enjoy. I think Abz doesn't mean that he dislikes humanity, rather that interacting is a strain and can be overwhelming. It's not a pleasant thing to live with, and I take my hat off to him for entering the house and getting this far.

Wish more folk would take the time to understand this condition and the implications on his behavior. Seems a really decent guy - and if I was with that lot of HM's I would be wary also!
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MiniMeToo wrote: »

Playing a game and being yourself are not mutually exclusive. Plus, everyone who goes in there realises it is a game. Everyone is using whatever tactics they have at their disposal.