Turner to Launch Free To Air Channel TruTV on Freeview

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What mux is it on?

Edit: I see from the changelog thread it's Arq A :)
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Bizman wrote: »
    So early August equates to mid-June on this occasion. :)
    I have tuned in but there is no picture, nor EPG information.

There's a difference between actually launching and getting a placeholder on Freeview.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    There's a difference between actually launching and getting a placeholder on Freeview.
    Especially where Turner are concerned!

Remember their first freeview channel?
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it should be on air by 3 months today.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More of the same rubbish as usual.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well the screen is not blank now as some info has been put on screen.
    going by this info it will be onair 24/7 so where is the 24 hours coming from. as didn't quest +1 & movies 4 men got the last to slots on Arq A
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going by this info it will be onair 24/7 so where is the 24 hours coming from. as didn't quest +1 & movies 4 men got the last to slots on Arq A

Gems TV or Quest +1 if there no other spaces that my guess anyway.
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    More of the same rubbish as usual.
    But what about the "exciting new shows, unique characters and dynamic real-life situations." oh yeah I see what you mean. :)
  • epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Going by the large amount of null packets, they could be trying to squeeze in a 14th video stream. Other than that, Community Channel is using donated capacity, it could possibly be moved elsewhere with fewer hours. Maybe moving Community Channel to the 5am to 8am slot available elsewhere on the multiplex and making alternative arrangements for "Party".
  • epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    Placeholder on Freeview EPG 68 from today (Bilsdale transmitter) - at least only spotted it today on a channel update. Broadcast on Arqiva A Mux alongside Pick, Dave, Really etc as stated above.
    Forum Member
    Radiomike wrote: »
    Placeholder on Freeview EPG 68 from today (Bilsdale transmitter) - at least only spotted it today on a channel update. Broadcast on Arqiva A Mux alongside Pick, Dave, Really etc as stated above.
    Added 12/06/2014, see upthread.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    Added 12/06/2014, see upthread.

Thanks. I hadn't read them fully. Noone had mentioned the actual Freeview number allotted though :)
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TruTV now has EPG for Tuesday 1st July for some reason.
  • Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked epg on my pvr up to Jul 3rd and it is still empty, on Crystal Palace.
    Forum Member
    TruTV now has EPG for Tuesday 1st July for some reason.
    I noticed when I switched to channel 68 the other night it briefly showed "Investigators" as the currently running programme, before changing to (no title). EPG testing, I assume?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it wasn't "The Investigator" in which case it could have been an EPG artefact from CBS Reality on LCN66 ?
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed when I switched to channel 68 the other night it briefly showed "Investigators" as the currently running programme, before changing to (no title). EPG testing, I assume?
    Are you sure it wasn't "The Investigator" in which case it could have been an EPG artefact from CBS Reality on LCN66 ?

Yeah, it was listed as 'The Investigators: Series 1' for just 7-8am on July 1st. When I go to the channel there's a blank for 'Now' with said programme due to start at that time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCN 68 now has No video available.Has it move Mux?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just done a scan and it has been added as COM5/ArqA, so no change there, no picture or message though. There's still a couple of weeks to go to launch date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well TruTV has a caption now saying 'available from August 2014' plus the stuff mentioned in post #34.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well TruTV has a caption now saying 'available from August 2014' plus the stuff mentioned in post #34.
    I thought it had always said that.
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    I thought it had always said that.
    It has (just looked at the screen capture I made in June when it first appeared).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My comment was inspired by Tomee's post and based on my screen at the time being blank, nothing. Now I get the TV's message "Waiting" for several seconds, followed by the display of TruTV text and after a further delay, the logo.
  • epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming August 4th. Schedule will include Conan O'Brien's late night chat show from another Turner network: TBS. 11pm Monday through Thursday.