Landlines, mobiles and internet bills will all rise in Scotland if SNP win yes vote.

Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
Forum Member
✭✭
It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

What sane person would vote for all the economic mess coming after a yes win for the SNP :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2754222/Now-phone-companies-warn-bills-rise-millions-Scots-country-votes-leave-UK.html

Comments

• BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,564
    Forum Member
    Daily Mail eh? That paper is trash Always has been
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Daily Mail eh? That paper is trash Always has been

I'd say you should burn it, but to do that you would first have to buy it thus giving them money!
  • Rick_DavisRick_Davis Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an independent Scotland Vodafone / ee et all will not be able absume costs as they do
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?

What sane person would vote for all the economic mess coming after a yes win for the SNP :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2754222/Now-phone-companies-warn-bills-rise-millions-Scots-country-votes-leave-UK.html

April Fool finished nearly 6 months ago.
    Posting a link to the Daily Fail about mobile phone costs rising would only fool the very weak minded.
    It costs the same to call someone round the corner as it does to a person in Scotland.
    You are amusing though.....
  • Rick_DavisRick_Davis Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posting a link to the Daily Fail about mobile phone costs rising would only fool the very weak minded.
    It costs the same to call someone round the corner as it does to a person in Scotland.

Are you saying the costs of maintaining masts will be the same
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    So England has been subsidizing mobile networks to maintain a certain level of Service in Scotland. If they leave then I hope we don't continue paying for a foreign countries mobile network system. Let them pay for it from their Oil money tree.
    Forum Member
    I have to take my hat off to Net Nut for starting yet another thread with the latest scare story I think that is your fourth of the day
    Congrats
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ****in hell i mean you'd really have to be numpty to believe all this bullshit
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    ****in hell i mean you'd really have to be numpty to believe all this bullshit

Yes - these scare stories are comical. I just hope there aren't too many who fall for this nonsense,

PS If Scotland votes yes it will apparently cause a global economic depression as well. A banker said it so it must be true!
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Tory newspaper doing the same spin doctoring here that they did back in the 1930s, with the same sincerity. They know where the bread's buttered. The Beano has more credibility.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So why do mobile companies charge more to phone the Isle of Man and Channel Islands when Landlines don't? They count them as foreign countries and so you can't use inclusive minutes to call them or free texts.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    So why do mobile companies charge more to phone the Isle of Man and Channel Islands when Landlines don't? They count them as foreign countries and so you can't use inclusive minutes to call them or free texts.

Well that seems to have killed all the posts rubbishing the possibility stone dead. :D:D
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    I wonder what the international dialling code will be for Scotland...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »

Quite simple, it's called making money out the consumer.
    It doesn't cost anymore to call someone in the IOM same as it doesn't cost more to call someone in France from the UK.
    The phone companies like to tell you otherwise and plenty of gullible fools fall for it.
    The EU is supposed to be abolishing 'roaming charges' across Europe, another money making spinner for the mobile phone companies.
  • Spdub2Spdub2 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    So England has been subsidizing mobile networks to maintain a certain level of Service in Scotland. If they leave then I hope we don't continue paying for a foreign countries mobile network system. Let them pay for it from their Oil money tree.

Well if they are no longer subsidsing Scotland then Bills should come down in England .

I wonder how fast that will happen :p
  • SpouthouseSpouthouse Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Yes - these scare stories are comical.

They won't be comical if they turn to be true. Can't imagine the Scots will be dancing in the street if their bills start to rise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Post independence, why wouldn't BT want to maintain a loss making fixed line network to rural Scottish communities, or provide them with faster broadband speeds which the Scottish government can't legally force them to do?
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'No' camp is all about fear isn't it?

Do they have anything positive to say?
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British Telecom have a lot to answer for. Damn them.
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »

Phone companies will be falling over themselves to offer subsidised services to Scotland in the event of independence. It's the right thing to do to welcome a new sovereign nation into the world, especially one which has oil and riches beyond most mortals wildest dreams. Maybe they can have a welcome party where free iPhones are dished out to everyone who attends.

Any better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phone companies will be falling over themselves to offer subsidised services to Scotland in the event of independence. It's the right thing to do to welcome a new sovereign nation into the world, especially one which has oil and riches beyond most mortals wildest dreams. Maybe they can have a welcome party where free iPhones are dished out to everyone who attends.

Any better?

Ah, fear and mockery. The winning combination as we saw with the UKIP situation....

Basically it reveals a contempt for the general public from the establishment. An establishment who want things to stay as they are, easy money I suppose.
    Forum Member
    That's just scaremongering.

My phone party scenario could just work. You don't know how it will pan out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just scaremongering.

My phone party scenario could just work. You don't know how it will pan out.

You don't seem to realise that mocking people who disagree with you is the worse ploy in politics. It never works.

This is what the 'No' camp are all about now, fear and mockery. They have nothing to offer people, that's why.
    Forum Member
    I see that the tax avoiders Vodafone are involved in this scare story Why do posters on here instead of making glib, unhelpful comments turn their gaze to the companies that are avoiding paying their fair share?
    As for the banks who came so close to crashing the world economy are now treated as the font of all wisdom and their sage advice is revered by the No side
    This avalanche of negative news is being run by the political establishment Favours being asked and granted Backs are being scratched Deals being done for the benefit of the very few
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

With the polls now showing the possibility of a Yes victory things are looking up for England..

Is that positive enough? :confused: