Tiny Pop gets freeview Ofcom licences.

tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wonder where the space is coming from for this channel.Or is it one of the new slots that is coming in November?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    It could be they are replacing Pop+1 with this.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Tiny Pop a music channel? :blush:
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think Tiny Tots. :)

https://www.tinypop.com/Tv-Shows
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »

You are both right.
    Tiny Pop is a free-to-air children's television channel in the United Kingdom, owned by CSC Media Group, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television. As of June 2014, it broadcasts cartoons and pop music videos on Sky and Freesat. Its target audience is children aged from 4 to 6.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's rare to see a music video on Pop/Tiny Pop now, other than as an occasional filler between programmes.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I wish Tiny Pop had more classic 70's/80's kids shows like Nick Jr. used to (the Noggin segment). That was about 10 or more years ago though... sigh....
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather it was kix...
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's rare to see a music video on Pop/Tiny Pop now, other than as an occasional filler between programmes.

It's rare to see a music video on any of the other supposedly music channels <Rolleyes>
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    It's rare to see a music video on any of the other supposedly music channels <Rolleyes>
    4Music still has some extensive periods of music video programming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be a good time to add this channel to the freeview EPG as there is a rescan taking places.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to other threads the BT Sport channels on ARQB may be coming off soon and Arqiva has advertised new capacity as being available from November, so Tiny Pop could (tiny) pop up there, or if POP moves to the ARQB berth, Tiny could take the current POP berth on Comux (and possibly the POP +1 LCN).
    Alternatively TP could go out weekdays on COM7 when Motors TV reduces its hours...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just seen a advert saying Tiny Pop will be on channel 126 3pm-7pm and to re- tune your freeview boxes.

So look like Tiny Pop we be taking over the POP +1 stream in the coming days.
  • RaymondthebestRaymondthebest Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    There is nothing on Tiny Pop website
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My media pc is detecting that POP+1 has become Tiny Pop on SDN at about 12:15 today. POP+1 has moved to G_MAN where it has replaced LAMHE. I'm not around to confirm this with a TV though, this is just from the service data.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Divis transmitter. Pop +1 has been replaced with tiny pop on 126, with programmes starting at 3pm. Epg still giving listings for pop+1 4_8pm as before
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing on Tiny Pop website

The advert was on TV.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greebo wrote: »
    POP+1 has moved to G_MAN where it has replaced LAMHE.
    What's the LCN of POP+1 on G_MAN?
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    What's the LCN of POP+1 on G_MAN?

I think it is 127 - I'm seeing 0xFC7F in the LCN table. Not confirmed with a TV though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greebo wrote: »
    I think it is 127 - I'm seeing 0xFC7F in the LCN table. Not confirmed with a TV though.

I can 100% confirm that POP+1 is on LCN 127 on G_MAN.