Options

EE writers too obvious & not realistic with Archie murder plot??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,071
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having watched EE over the last couple of weeks I'm struck by the obvious clear cut way the investigation is being written, IMO in distinct and fairly predictable stages.

I mean of course it's understandable that Ronnie was arrested as she was found with the body but despite the police being told that Jack was the one who called them he has not yet been interviewed and we've already seen him hiding something.

From Peggy and Roxy's reactions to his death it appears fairly obvious that there were not involved.

I know we had the Phil stuff with the bloodied shirt but his explanation seemed quite plausable and despite Sam being the one who lost a fingernail I can't see it honestly being her, especially as surely if she'd done it she would have done another runner by now. Plus Danniella Westbrook has confirmed that she is not in the live episode in February, when the killer is revealed, so it obviously isn't her.

Given Ronnie's sudden newly discovered feelings for her deceased father it appears that she is not involved, although I can't help but think that her new love towards her father is a device that is going to be used when she finds what Jack was hiding and questions whether he did it. I mean she hasn't even questioned where he was when Archie was murdered, despite the fact that he went looking for him.

Although Janine does have previous for knocking off her lovers she seemed to genuinely have some feelings towards Archie, unlike Barry, so I don't believe she will be involved. I know she claims she's going to get everything in the will she really appears in denial at the moment, so I can't realistically see her possible motive being that she'd get everything in the will.

I also really can't see it realistically being Ian. Plus he only wanted to laptop and as he obviously got that I don't see what killing Archie would have achieved.

Therefore the only real suspects left appear to be Jack and Bradley (and possibly Stacey). My guess is that Jack is covering for Bradley as he may have gone there himself to scare him off but instead witnessed Bradley killing him. Also we know that Bradley is leaving in February, so something fairly big must happen then.

When I first heard about this 'Who killed Archie?' storyline I was very excited that it would be as good as the 'Who shot Phil?' one, but where as with the Phil one there was still like 5 or so people by the reveal episode who still could have done it, from the way this Archie one is going it doesn't seem that there will be that many people left in the frame by the February reveal.

It just all feels too contrived and slightly unrealistic to me at the moment, although of course I could be proved completely wrong by the reveal and see that the writers have really dealt us a curve ball so far.

What do you all think?? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly unrealistic, no. :rolleyes: it happened on my street, where everyone was a suspect for killing dear old Abby Cassarole.

It's a soap opera. Not the news of the world.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    All this sam business is a bit silly, she should have just left so she was a possibility for the february reveal. by the reveal the will only be 1 obvious suspect left and think it will be Ronnie.

We all know ronnie's a nutter so it was probably her, she put on an act when roxy came in and now she's in complete denial, other wise roxy and peggy would kill her.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A soap with an "Unrealistic" plot--surely not.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its definitely between Jack and Bradley now. Phil explained away the bloodstained shirt. Peggy still loved Archie despite his wrongdoings. Roxy was with Amy besideswhich she wouldn't kill her dad. Ronnie is too obvious and despite everything loves Archie. Sam has a broken nail but that only proves she visited Archie and possibly had a fight with him, not that she is the killer. Janine picked up a knife so wouldn't have usedthe bust even if she wantedto kill him.

That leaves Bradley and Jack. Jack's not leaving so it must be Bradley. :)
  • Options
    Softie-CynicSoftie-Cynic Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    It was a bit contrived but I have quite enjoyed it, I genuinely still think there are several strong contenders for murderer.
    Ronnie getting herself arrested was a highlight and I also cracked up in smile yesterday when the female Detective got Heather to cough up about phil.
    Reminded me of the good old days of the Bill!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its definitely between Jack and Bradley now. Phil explained away the bloodstained shirt. Peggy still loved Archie despite his wrongdoings. Roxy was with Amy besideswhich she wouldn't kill her dad. Ronnie is too obvious and despite everything loves Archie. Sam has a broken nail but that only proves she visited Archie and possibly had a fight with him, not that she is the killer. Janine picked up a knife so wouldn't have usedthe bust even if she wantedto kill him.

That leaves Bradley and Jack. Jack's not leaving so it must be Bradley. :)

Yes, I think so too, I think either Bradley did it, will get framed for it, or will end up dying trying to get away. Jack Im sure knows something, the only other possible murderer I think is Ronnie.
  • Options
    RoobsRoobs Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    It's a soap. They'll lead you on for several months, and reveal that the dog did it at the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think it was Bradley and Jack is covering for him. What does everyone think?