Comments

• Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty bad for me.

All given the wrong songs.

styling shocking..

God damn awful vocals

Only kingsland road were remotely on key and i dont like them.

Very very disappointed. This year could be a real train wreck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't really watched it for a few years, seen bits here and there so for me, last night was quite enjoyable. It's quite refreshing that they don't have any novelty / comedy acts as such. I missed the opener so no idea who that was and maybe they are the novelty act? I haven't really seen any of the shows up to this point either so I have no idea of back / sob stories either which is a big bonus.

Sam Bailey was easily the best of the night and even the worst of this years contestants are leagues above some of the alumni that have done well on the show in years gone by.

I didn't think I'd manage the 2+ hours it was on but it actually went surprisingly quickly but the ad breaks, as ever, are completely beyond a joke. The only benefit I can see is that you can prepare a three course meal during one break and cook it in the next. This, I'm sure, is what sooner or later will make me turn off.
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I agree it was - more lighthearted and less serious this time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really watched it for a few years, seen bits here and there so for me, last night was quite enjoyable. It's quite refreshing that they don't have any novelty / comedy acts as such. I missed the opener so no idea who that was and maybe they are the novelty act? I haven't really seen any of the shows up to this point either so I have no idea of back / sob stories either which is a big bonus.

Sam Bailey was easily the best of the night and even the worst of this years contestants are leagues above some of the alumni that have done well on the show in years gone by.

I didn't think I'd manage the 2+ hours it was on but it actually went surprisingly quickly but the ad breaks, as ever, are completely beyond a joke. The only benefit I can see is that you can prepare a three course meal during one break and cook it in the next. This, I'm sure, is what sooner or later will make me turn off.

It really is the sort of show Sky+ was invented for. I started watching at 8.45 and I'd caught up with real time by the time Rough Copy were practicing backstage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    It felt dated.

It was 80's night. You don't say :D
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it good lighthearted saturday night fun, didnt enjoy xtra factor that was a shame I used to love that