An ipod has been detected but could not be recognised

LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've recently experienced ipod problems. Basically I have an older ipod that I use and my brother has his own ipod (ipod nano, firth generation). We both use the same laptop to sync our music and we have separate libraries to do so.

Now I don't use my ipod that regularly these days, so it wasn't until last week that we noticed that, after months of working fine, when I plugged either ipod in to attempt to sync them with their separate libraries, a message appeared:

An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. If the problem persists, uninstall iTunes, then re-install iTunes again.

That didn't work. Removing everything Apple related and re-installing didn't work, resetting the ipods didn't work. Removing the driver via device manager didn't work. We eventually decided to wait until a new iTunes update.

So I got 10.0 this week. My ipod is now syncing perfectly, however his still has the same message and I don't know what to do. All help appreciated.

Comments