Community S4 US Pace

13»

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With only 13 episodes this season they need to pick the quality up a bit, albeit I enjoyed the latest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Been disappointed with season 4 so far. Seems like i am not alone.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, A Thanks Giving episode in March.

I didn't laugh once. It seems to be too self conscious and trying to be.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In their defence, the series was supposed to be aired last year. They'll probably have a Christmas episode in a couple of weeks.

I don't think I've laughed once this series. It's been so bad. They've all become caricatures of themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In their defence, the series was supposed to be aired last year. They'll probably have a Christmas episode in a couple of weeks.

I don't think I've laughed once this series. It's been so bad. They've all become caricatures of themselves.

Was it made last year and not aired?

I thought they were being ironic doing episodes for Halloween and Thanksgiving in March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it made last year and not aired?

I thought they were being ironic doing episodes for Halloween and Thanksgiving in March.

This season was meant to come out October last year but it was pushed back to February this yeat instead. Had it aired when it was originally meant to the holiday episodes would have lined up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    This season was meant to come out October last year but it was pushed back to February this yeat instead. Had it aired when it was originally meant to the holiday episodes would have lined up.

Oh that's a shame. But it makes things even worse as it means the episodes weren't even done to be ironic, but were serious.

Not sure if my expectations were too high, but it doesn't have the same feel as it used too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that's a shame. But it makes things even worse as it means the episodes weren't even done to be ironic, but were serious.

Not sure if my expectations were too high, but it doesn't have the same feel as it used too.

Nah, the show does feel different this year, which is a shame because it's not likely to be renewed.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So . . . . . . are we all agreeing that Community is dead?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It's Pining for the Fjords. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly, yes!
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I think it's safe to say that Community will get this season and finish. I think most hardcore Community fans will just ignore this season and pretend it finished with Season 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I don't know if you can call Community dead, the ratings have been doing pretty well, funnily enough. Maybe people have actually heard of it now and that's the reason?

I agree that the latest episode was lackluster but I did enjoy the last episode.

I know the quality has been affected by Dan's departure, and the departure of some of the writers, but it is also in its fourth season and shows do tend to go downhill in quality when they've been on that long.

I think that happened in the third season, even if there were a few standout episodes. I'll always love the first and second seasons the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been keeping up with Community this season? I kind of lost interest after the Halloween episode and haven't watched any more - but I do intend to download the lot once the season is over.

I've read a few mixed reviews. One saying that the show is still funny but that it has, as we all feared, become a lot broader and closer to a traditional sit-com. Well if it does decide to seek a future as another 'big bang theory' then I wish it and the cast well, however I won't be watching.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just not the same show. Whoever is writing it these days is trying to copy the previous style of the show and it just isn't working.

And having Jeff deliver a moral at the end of every ep is incredibly annoying.

Saying that, I did enjoy the body swap episode. The break up felt natural, and Donald Glover did a brilliant 'Abed'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It's just not the same show. Whoever is writing it these days is trying to copy the previous style of the show and it just isn't working.

And having Jeff deliver a moral at the end of every ep is incredibly annoying.

Saying that, I did enjoy the body swap episode. The break up felt natural, and Donald Glover did a brilliant 'Abed'.
    Yes it feels like a pale copy of its former self.

It hasn't been bad, but just not Laugh out Loud funny. I liked the Superheros Origins one.
  • carlito000carlito000 Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Cant believe I've watched this entire season on my own thinking to myself "is it just me or has this show has really jumped the shark?"

Today is the first time I read an article saying Dan Harmon was fired. I feel like just about the stupidest person in the world.:o
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost interest about episode 6 I've got them to watch but I'm not feeling it. Meh.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any decent episodes in this season to watch on their own? I watched the first 3, and all were incredibly lame
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any decent episodes in this season to watch on their own? I watched the first 3, and all were incredibly lame

They are all about the same I'm afraid.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Just got around to watching the season finale and its been a pretty poor season.Lets hope things improve with season 5!
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good news concerning the upcoming 5th season. Show creator Dan Harmon is returning. It's pretty much a done deal - just some minor hashing out to do. Writer Chris McKenna is also returning next season. :)

LINK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Some good news concerning the upcoming 5th season. Show creator Dan Harmon is returning. It's pretty much a done deal - just some minor hashing out to do. Writer Chris McKenna is also returning next season. :)

LINK

Yes that is good news. Hopefully he can put the spark back in the show it lost last season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that is good news. Hopefully he can put the spark back in the show it lost last season.

Excellent news.

I've got round to watching most of season 4 now and it's better than what I was expecting. It's treading water a little and the referencing isn't anywhere near a subtle as it used to be but it's still watchable. I think it's just a case that after the first 3 seasons our expectations are so high that coming back down to 'ok' was a big drop.