when are apolo and julianne dancing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know when the show special is on featuring past couples? can't wait to see Apolo and Julianne again

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Should be on this week's results show as part of the hundredth episode celebration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - hope it gets posted on youtube :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    My video recorder is ready and waiting. :D

I wonder what dance they'll perform? Or rather have performed as it's already happened. Might see if I can find out!
  • martyboymartyboy Posts: 1,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julianne first dances with Anton Ohno, doing their seaon four quickstep, and then, after a brief break to catch her breathe, it's back on again with Helio for their quickstep.

Incidentally, the show on US TV lasted for 2 hours. I hope nothing gets cut from the version we get to see.
    Forum Member
    It's on YouTube already, and it's great. They dance to the guest band Rascal Flatts and it's a terrific routine. Don't look if you don't want to know who goes this week though because I think the stills of videos at the side give it away.
    Forum Member
    martyboy wrote: »
    Julianne first dances with Anton Ohno, doing their seaon four quickstep, and then, after a brief break to catch her breathe, it's back on again with Helio for their quickstep.

Incidentally, the show on US TV lasted for 2 hours. I hope nothing gets cut from the version we get to see.

Have you seen it? There's no mention of Helio dancing again in the reports I've read. They just mention Apolo and Julianne, and Mel B and Maksim - both couples perform to Rascal Flatts' songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I misread that.

I got that impression from reading the review in the Baltimore Sun (which is usually pretty good). This one:
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/realitycheck/blog/2008/05/dancing_with_the_stars_100th_episode_celebration_and_an_elim.html

Be a bit careful when reading it, because the spoiler is there, though it's a long way down the page, right at the bottom.

It does says that the show was 2 hours, and mentions 10 dances, starting with Kelly Monaco (who I'd never seen), and later it says she was talking to Tom, so she was there. However, reading it again, I think the first hour may have been a compilation of recordings of those 10 dances, not live dances.

And then there were just the 2 live performances, as part of the 2nd hour, which was the normal results show, that we're going to see.

I was also confused when I saw the clips that Force Ten had posted - because a lot seemed to be missing. Now it makes sense (I think).

Sorry.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Links are now there. Sorry about that - Diane didn't put them on YouTube but other people did so I've put the links on the Links to Watch and Read About DWTS thread.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those dances in the first hour of the show do appear to be past recordings, don't they, and not live performances, actually danced this Tuesday.

But still very interesting to see.

I wonder whether they will get played here on Friday or not.
    Forum Member
    martyboy wrote: »
    Sorry, I misread that.

I got that impression from reading the review in the Baltimore Sun (which is usually pretty good). This one:
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/realitycheck/blog/2008/05/dancing_with_the_stars_100th_episode_celebration_and_an_elim.html

Be a bit careful when reading it, because the spoiler is there, though it's a long way down the page, right at the bottom.

It does says that the show was 2 hours, and mentions 10 dances, starting with Kelly Monaco (who I'd never seen), and later it says she was talking to Tom, so she was there. However, reading it again, I think the first hour may have been a compilation of recordings of those 10 dances, not live dances.

And then there were just the 2 live performances, as part of the 2nd hour, which was the normal results show, that we're going to see.

I was also confused when I saw the clips that Force Ten had posted - because a lot seemed to be missing. Now it makes sense (I think).

Sorry.

Thanks martyboy - no need to apologise. :) I thought you must have seen it and for some reason the reports were just not mentioning Helio. :) I've actually not seen Julianne dance with him - I have to rather sheepishly admit I couldn't bear the thought of watching her dance with anyone but Apolo for a while. Plus I kept forgetting when the last series was on. :D