Person of Interest S2: US Pace

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^she saved him so she can't be ALL evil.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show gets better every week.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casually taps earpiece while monitoring a person of interest from afar... doesn't check who's calling but has a good idea.

"Hello Lionel..."
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, another great episode. This show really knows how to give just enough info to make you feel you know what is happening, without being a tease like so many shows have been lately, yes I mean you Alcatraz, Lost etc.

I just new that name would be on the paper but was still shocked.

This show really does keep you guessing if the main characters will last the season or not.
  • Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another excellent episode. It also opens up another interesting plot arc. I was surprised Kara was killed off (certainly no way of her getting out of that one, right?). I thought they'd drag her character out a bit more. But now we've got another secretive organisation involved. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    I was surprised Kara was killed off (certainly no way of her getting out of that one, right?).

Well I don't know if you noticed, but in the CCTV footage at the end, there was a slight waver in the film just before the bomb went off. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actress that plays Kara is on the following now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    But now we've got another secretive organisation involved. :D

I assume (due to the English accent, so a very tenuous assumption) it's the same organisation that Julian Sands belongs to.
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reese and Finch try to save a hotel maid's life, but the number of suspects proves to be overwhelming. Meanwhile, Carter gets an offer to join the FBI.

Really enjoyed that one - and what's with Carters boyfriend?
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having had her turn up, I was surprised they didn't give Zoe more to do with the mission, though the implication at the end that she and John were going to spend the night together was quite significant I suppose...
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that one - and what's with Carters boyfriend?
    If the FBI have suspicions, that makes me think he might be involved with HR, unless it's a double-bluff, and he's an undercover FBI agent trying to infiltrate HR and he's asked the FBI to keep Carter out of danger...?

I remain impressed at how many B-plots the show now has running in the background at any one time, the ones I can think of from memory are:
    • The (government) organisation that has the hitman chasing Reece (now with added Root!)
    • Elias
    • HR
    • The organisation that saved Kara
    • Julian Sands' character's organisation (if not the same as above)
    • The origins of The Machine & Finch's girlfriend/fiance
    Any more?
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,806
    Forum Member
    Having had her turn up, I was surprised they didn't give Zoe more to do with the mission, though the implication at the end that she and John were going to spend the night together was quite significant I suppose...

If the FBI have suspicions, that makes me think he might be involved with HR, unless it's a double-bluff, and he's an undercover FBI agent trying to infiltrate HR and he's asked the FBI to keep Carter out of danger...?

I remain impressed at how many B-plots the show now has running in the background at any one time, the ones I can think of from memory are:
    • The (government) organisation that has the hitman chasing Reece (now with added Root!)
    • Elias
    • HR
    • The organisation that saved Kara
    • Julian Sands' character's organisation (if not the same as above)
    • The origins of The Machine & Finch's girlfriend/fiance
    Any more?

The fact that Root is now back in the equation is also a new development.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [*]The organisation that saved Kara

:eek::eek::eek:I thought she was killed in the car explosion??:confused:
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bgtension wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:I thought she was killed in the car explosion??:confused:

They meant when she was saved in China after the missile attack on her and John's location.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    They meant when she was saved in China after the missile attack on her and John's location.
    Yes, that's what I meant, but since we haven't seen her body yet...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's what I meant, but since we haven't seen her body yet...

There was definitely a glitch in the CCTV footage of the car bomb, just before it went off.

It could have been EM interference from the bomb but it also looked like a cut in the video feed. ;)
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, I say that Kara is DEAD along with Agent Snow. There are now new baddies on the horizon to worry about. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that was one of the best episodes of the season so far, although it has been a strong season anyway. I was glad to see Leon again, albeit temporarily and hopefully we see more of Shaw. Not only was her character interesting, but she is very nice to look at.

I was checking the ratings out and the season 2 premiere garnered 3 million more viewers and this season has had better ratings than season 1. That's quite a rare thing for a show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Well, that was one of the best episodes of the season so far,

They certainly don't mind mixing it up - is this the first time we've had a number from the other side?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    They certainly don't mind mixing it up - is this the first time we've had a number from the other side?

Yeah, all the numbers thus far have gone to Finch.

This episode was directed by Jonathan Nolan as well, so story progression being the forefront is no surprise. I always wondered how the "terrorist threat" numbers were dealt with, seeing how was great. Although it's obvious they corrupt it to their own needs as well.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode. Loved how most of it was "the other side". I hope we see Shaw again.

This series has really grown on me. I liked it from the beginning, but I love the way it has developed, the way the arc has grown.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. Wondered what was going on at first until they mentioned the number, then it dawned on me! You've really got to keep your eye on the ball with this programme there's so much going on. :p

I think Reese must get a good discount on Kevlar vests too. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    I think Reese must get a good discount on Kevlar vests too. ;)

Good job she didn't shoot him in the head!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why "Research" uses numbers too. The only reason Finch uses numbers is to send as little information as possible to not attract attention. Research doesn't have the same restrictions.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elpaw wrote: »
    I don't understand why "Research" uses numbers too. The only reason Finch uses numbers is to send as little information as possible to not attract attention. Research doesn't have the same restrictions.

I was thinking the same. Perhaps Research isn't officially with the programme after all and gets it's numbers the same way "our" guys get them.
    This episode showed that the Machine can be manipulated to spew out wrong numbers by feeding it false information. Maybe the people who are able to do that, are also able to get numbers for their own dubious ends.
    Anyway, this show is going from strength to strength, although the last episodes were a bit light on Carter. We -royal plural- need more Carter. :o
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elpaw wrote: »

Given that it's a covert and illegal surveillance and assassination programme, I think that they would also need to not attract any attention ;)

Also, Finch implied that there is no "Research". There is only the Machine. The Machine dishes out numbers, and the shadowy government people tell their operatives that the numbers come from "Research".

IIRC we have seen previously that *all* the Machine gives out to anyone, not just to Finch, is a number (I'm sure it's been mentioned in flashbacks that the Machine only dishes out numbers, some of threats and some "irrelevant"). The shadowy government people get numbers related to threats, while Finch gets the "irrelevant" numbers.
    breppo wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. Perhaps Research isn't officially with the programme after all and gets it's numbers the same way "our" guys get them.
    This episode showed that the Machine can be manipulated to spew out wrong numbers by feeding it false information. Maybe the people who are able to do that, are also able to get numbers for their own dubious ends.
    Anyway, this show is going from strength to strength, although the last episodes were a bit light on Carter. We -royal plural- need more Carter. :o

I don't think that it showed that at all. The Machine is never wrong, as mentioned.

Finch gets his numbers directly from the Machine, via the phonecalls.

Shaw got at least one of her numbers from her handler, as shown on screen...They would not need to trick the Machine into dishing out the wrong number, all they had to do was give the wrong number to Shaw themselves - no need to use the Machine. She would simply assume that the number they gave her came from Research, and was therefore valid.