Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    One word for the Dyson ads. - smug.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dove underarm soap ad with the rabbit-toothed simpleton flashing her pits around has me reaching for the remote in double quick time.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she's STILL saying "visit us IN BRANCH" AAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH ! :mad:

Instead of continually making adverts this 'National Treasure' should get some more acting done. She just swoops in when she thinks there's a role she might get yet another award for and then she's just playing herself/Mrs Overall.

Ads - they raise the bank balance with so little effort!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »
    One word for the Dyson ads. - smug.

Ah yes. Another 'National Treasure' just sounding smug, collecting the cash and not bothering to do any acting/comedy.
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dreaded blood in your poo ad is on. I've had to turn over, it's so cringeworthy. I hope the actors were handsomely paid for starring in one of the most embarrasing adverts ever. Embarrassing not because of the subject matter, but because the way the advert is done is so patronising and babyish.

That.... and the ones with Alexander Armstrong and Amelia Bulmore do for either Insurance or a Building society, they are so annoying I switch off from whatever they are trying to sell me!
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    The Dove underarm soap ad with the rabbit-toothed simpleton flashing her pits around has me reaching for the remote in double quick time.

Underarm soap? Are they now flogging soap specifically for your pits now?

BT - I feel as uncomfortable as the girl does with that perv and the fact he knows her hot spot.

Dyson - it has a rolly ball thing for those too lazy to divert from walking in a straight line, and it'll cost ya, suckers !

The gloopy shiny gravy cow. Yuck.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    :mad:No no no no no. Just seen an ad for Lovefilm which had a shitty cover version of 'A Forest' by The Cure sung by some slow bint.

Just NO.

I see it's a version by someone called Jess Mills..if you had been talking about the Bat For Lashes version I would have had to disagree :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Pantene advert where Liz Tyler seems to be really crushingly upset about 'what she puts her hair through'

Then the uplifting music starts as she discovers she can halt the carnage by using Pantene (with extra chemicals)

At the end, you really feel as though she has been on a journey and can't help but joyously punch the air in celebration of her Shampoo victory.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Holidays at Home ad makes me want to scream. Brief: Take 3/4 stereotypical locations in the UK, pick similar number smug over-exposed actors who roughly go under the euphimism of national treasure, add a smattering of patronising dialogue and a few props like spring lambs, and you have an ad. tailor made to annoy UK citizens who the thing is aimed at. The only way this ad would work in any sense is if it was targeted at the overseas market. The marketing director should be shot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halifax. I HATE the choir :mad: Bring back Howard!

The LV ads are quite annoying too
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Underarm soap? Are they now flogging soap specifically for your pits now?

BT - I feel as uncomfortable as the girl does with that perv and the fact he knows her hot spot.

Dyson - it has a rolly ball thing for those too lazy to divert from walking in a straight line, and it'll cost ya, suckers !

The gloopy shiny gravy cow. Yuck.

Yup. You need to take two bars into the shower with you...
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Pantene advert where Liz Tyler seems to be really crushingly upset about 'what she puts her hair through'

Then the uplifting music starts as she discovers she can halt the carnage by using Pantene (with extra chemicals)

At the end, you really feel as though she has been on a journey and can't help but joyously punch the air in celebration of her Shampoo victory.

Personally I can't help but shed a tear whenever I see Cheryl Cole conditioning her extensions ;)
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though it hasnt been on tv for a while..Ikea have done a radio ad for their kitchens and its even worse then the telly one was!Some girl singing about how she loves to be in kitchen at parties just ahhh!!Go away!
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    Plant_Pie wrote: »
    Though it hasnt been on tv for a while..Ikea have done a radio ad for their kitchens and its even worse then the telly one was!Some girl singing about how she loves to be in kitchen at parties just ahhh!!Go away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlIhw32Grw :D
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So true :D

First time I saw this, I thought it must be some heart-wrenching appeal ad. Now I know it's something much sadderer than that. Poor Liv and her long suffering hair. Thank god she's found a lifeline at this difficult time for her hair
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single Direct Line advert ever made, ever. Each single one is just a pile of boring hairy bollocks, each more mundane than the last and repeated to the point of inflicting self harm on yourself just to make it stop.

The Tesco guy rattling off a list of items, I reckon I could punch his face all day long and not get bored.

Barclays advert voiced by Stephen Murchant mind numbing metaphors and chummy style of voiceover dripping with smugness.

Churchill with Martin sodding ugliest man alive Clunes and his enormous ears.
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the ladbrokes ad with the teeth pulling screeching mind mumming....ah forget it!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As if the Co-Op's Gud with Fud wasn't bad enough we now have Farmfoods or Farm Fuds, what is with all these Scots advertising Fud, can't we have some English People speaking English.?:confused:
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    As if the Co-Op's Gud with Fud wasn't bad enough we now have Farmfoods or Farm Fuds, what is with all these Scots advertising Fud, can't we have some English People speaking English.?:confused:

You cloth-eared git, he is saying food. It rhymes with good. And with hood, mood, rood and wood.

Fud rhymes with dud, mud, bud and cud!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Just got back from the cinema, I caught the ads at the beginning unfortunately, they played the annoying BT ad when they both arrive at the door for the room, why didn't they just turn around and leave the building?, the ad which goes, you sleep you save, your sick you save, your in hospital you save, you die you save, your buried you save etc I was just about to walk out when it all ended and calm surrounded the room, the lights dimmed and the film began, I took deep breaths, phew! I was just so glad the poo advert wasn't in that lot thank god, think that would have been the final straw...........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Just got back from the cinema, I caught the ads at the beginning unfortunately, they played the annoying BT ad when they both arrive at the door for the room, why didn't they just turn around and leave the building?, the ad which goes, you sleep you save, your sick you save, your in hospital you save, you die you save, your buried you save etc I was just about to walk out when it all ended and calm surrounded the room, the lights dimmed and the film began, I took deep breaths, phew! I was just so glad the poo advert wasn't in that lot thank god, think that would have been the final straw...........
    Well I hope it was a good film otherwise I dread to think what might have happened after all that :p
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ladbrokes guy screaming for no apparent reason..he should be shot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pnp63 wrote: »

Why do we have to have ads in the cinema anyway? We've bought a ticket to see the film, paid for over-priced confectionary (traditionally the most profitable part of the cinema) - now we have to sit through the same lame stuff we see at home.:mad:

Thinking about it I pay Sky a not insignificant sub., so why the ads?
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Glengavel wrote: »
    You cloth-eared git, he is saying food. It rhymes with good. And with hood, mood, rood and wood.

Fud rhymes with dud, mud, bud and cud!

Don't you love the ignorant? They're often good entertainment that's for sure.

Note to everyone who thinks John Hannah is saying Gud with Fud, he is NOT, he is in fact saying "good with food" but with a Scottish accent. He is speaking the English language. Hope that helps the uneducated to understand better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Compare the Meerkat:-

I'm a big fan of the meerkats but I find the latest one a little bit sad. Poor little Serge has been reduced to a hospital bed all because his master works him far too hard.:cry:

BT:-
    The creepy 'hotspots' guy is too clean looking to be a real student, eg.,
    1. The hair needs more grease.
    2. Bumfluff stubble required.
    3. Needs ridiculously over-sized headphones around the neck.
    4. Use a Mattel 'My First Goatee Beard' kit.
This discussion has been closed.