Could they sabotage Chris any more?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I wouldn't be worried about Louis or Tulisa saying they wouldn't buy my album - Louis' most successful current act are reality TV stars rather than singers and Tulisa's an urban act so she's hardly going to buy a ballad singer's album.

Louis knows more about selling records than you and he's right in suggesting Chris will not do well after the show.

People are only so adamant to defend a shit act because there happens to be an even shitter one, it's batshit logic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    If he goes into the music industry he'll have to develop a thick skin anyway so maybe its best he learns now. He'll face much worse I'd imagine.

He hasnt got a prayer of making a long term career in the music industry in my opinion for one reason only, and thats mud sticks. It doesnt matter whether its true or not, its the negative publicity which means that if he doesnt win then no one will touch him with a barge pole for a long while. (and thats why im disgusted at some of the stuff being said)

Ive said before on here that im a Danyl fan, and i remember the crap he took during the 2009 series, but it wasnt even close to the scale that Chris is taking. However, the alleged relationship with another contestant, the supposed diva behaviour, the 'bullying' of Stacey, the fact that other contestants apparently didnt like him, the newspaper stories etc etc sounds so familiar to Chris's. Danyl never got a record deal (which was seemingly on the cards for him) because he was seen as a bad apple, hard to work with etc etc and this reputation was linked directly back to X Factor and their portrayal of him.

This is why the whole thing stinks, this is not just about Chris being sabotaged on the show, this is his future career being sabotaged (wherever it may be) Dont tell me if a producer of a stage show, for example, faced with 2 very good singers, including Chris, would not be influenced by the negatvity surrounding him and choose the other singer. Thats human nature!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    He hasnt got a prayer of making a long term career in the music industry in my opinion for one reason only, and thats mud sticks. It doesnt matter whether its true or not, its the negative publicity which means that if he doesnt win then no one will touch him with a barge pole for a long while. (and thats why im disgusted at some of the stuff being said)

Ive said before on here that im a Danyl fan, and i remember the crap he took during the 2009 series, but it wasnt even close to the scale that Chris is taking. However, the alleged relationship with another contestant, the supposed diva behaviour, the 'bullying' of Stacey, the fact that other contestants apparently didnt like him, the newspaper stories etc etc sounds so familiar to Chris's. Danyl never got a record deal (which was seemingly on the cards for him) because he was seen as a bad apple, hard to work with etc etc and this reputation was linked directly back to X Factor and their portrayal of him.

This is why the whole thing stinks, this is not just about Chris being sabotaged on the show, this is his future career being sabotaged (wherever it may be) Dont tell me if a producer of a West End show, for example, faced with 2 very good singers, including Chris, would not be influenced by the negatvity surrounding him and choose the other singer. Thats human nature!!

I'm not telling you anything and to be honest I'm not too bothered either way.
    I never said he had a prayer, I was merely stating if thats the road he wanted to go down then criticism is on every corner and he will have to face it at some point so he might as well start now. Chris could counteract a lot of this with an attitude adjustment.
    I don't know the ins and outs of Danyl, I don't really remember much about what went on with him so I can't comment fully. But if I remember rightly he came out with a much more gracious attitude, perhaps in relation to something Dannii had said, I'm not sure.
    My only point is that there are opportunities for Chris to change public perception of him slightly and he doesn't take them he continues in the same manner of 'poor me, the judges pick on me' ect.
    There is certainly manipulation element of the x factor, there always has been hence why I have never and will never vote and why I don't get myself worked up over what goes on.
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Chris is not my cup of tea but he sang well tonight. I have to say the comments that he is getting from the judges is not nice :( I hope he makes the final because the sabotage is so so obvious... i think he deserves a vote to make the final!
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Jazzman wrote: »
    Louis knows more about selling records than you and he's right in suggesting Chris will not do well after the show.

People are only so adamant to defend a shit act because there happens to be an even shitter one, it's batshit logic.

I agree but at the same time if I was on the stage (which I wouldn't be as I can't sing for anything) I wouldn't be upset by him saying he wouldn't buy my album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The comments that concern the staging are silly (considering he probably has no say on it), however the comments that acknowledge his singing but criticise him of being cheesy and dated are completely justified imo.

(Louis's topless comment was completely out of line though).
  • Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    It was absolutely disgraceful how Louis and Tulisa, as well as Dermot, treated Christopher tonight. This show is losing all credibility in my eyes now, not that it had much to begin with. Louis commenting not on his vocal performance but on the staging and telling Christopher he was glad he didn't take his top off, I mean seriously?! And Tulisa not offering much feedback at all just trying to stop herself from laughing as well as Dermot's abrupt comment about Christopher thanking his fans again. A singing contest and all the judges can offer is personal attacks at the end of his performance.

These are supposed to be the judges but they don't have much more professionalism or decorum than the 15-year-old booing audience members.

You don't have to like Christopher but obviously none of the judges genuinely believe Rylan is talented but at least they show him some respect and give some light-hearted comments each week! I couldn't care less if the judges like Christopher or not but the irrelevant personal attacks are out of order. I don't understand why everyone associated with the show is out to get this man. He looked like he was on the verge of tears tonight during the judges' comments, poor guy.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    jdayeh13 wrote: »
    The comments that concern the staging are silly (considering he probably has no say on it), however the comments that acknowledge his singing but criticise him of being cheesy and dated are completely justified imo.

(Louis's topless comment was completely out of line though).

Was Louie's comment last night a dig at Chris being gay??? Isnt that a bit like the pot calling the kettle black !

People say Chris could be much better if he changed his attitude ......How many people on here know him??? Have spent time in his company....known him for years....not just a couple of hours each weekend???...Frankie on last years was a far worse singer and his out of hours antics were far worse than anything Chris has done.
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa's refusal to even turn her chair when Chris performed behind the judges spoked volumes of her nasty attitude.
  • Options
    sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astra 1A wrote: »
    Tulisa's refusal to even turn her chair when Chris performed behind the judges spoked volumes of her nasty attitude.

I want him to go. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with the way he's being treated
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The performance with the half naked dancers made me laugh.

"grannies, grannies, he's next to naked men, he's GAY, stop voting!!! Not a fun gay like Rylan, a predatory one! Look he's commanding them like puppets!!"

Ridiculous and I don't even like him. Do kind of hope he wins now, but I'll never vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I have just watched the xtra factor and tulisa was awful. Her attitude is disgraceful. She has no grace. She sits there with a face tripping her. Both her and Louis should have been made to respond to the comments from Gary last night.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I have just watched the xtra factor and tulisa was awful. Her attitude is disgraceful. She has no grace. She sits there with a face tripping her. Both her and Louis should have been made to respond to the comments from Gary last night.

Plus hes not "urban" enough for her :rolleyes: Has she got any acts still in the show????Oh no thats right she hasnt so what does that tell you !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My whole point in starting the thread was about the treatment Chris is getting and it is really interesting to read the comments.

I really am not a fan of his, I accept that he does have a good voice, perhaps even one of the better ones in the competition this year IMHO.

However, whatever you think of someone, whatever they may have done or not done in the past, the X Factor machine is a mighty one to weigh in against any one individual. The imbalance of power here is of David and Goliath proportions.

The producers and judges are seemingly out to destroy one mans career because they don't want him to win their show and become an embarrassment to their so called credibility.

They are actually damaging their credibility with their own unprofessional behaviour and taking it to whole new levels this year. It is bordering on abusive

The point made regarding Danyl is a good one, I actually did like Danyl and he too could sing. He also got the "treatment" but perhaps not as bad as Chris.

The media leaks and mapulation, the treatment whilst on the show, the song choices, the sets etc and all the rest of the dirty tricks is an embarrassment.

I rarely vote in this show but all this makes me want to throw a vote or two Chris's way to piss them off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Tiggi your post is spot on. Danyl, to his credit, never slags off the show even now, but i know he found it very hard to shake off the X Factor witch hunt, and this is why the treatment of Chris is appalling.

The fact is they could have got him out far easier if they had quietly praised his singing but not song choices, didnt slag him off every x factor, got xtra factor to be nice to him in a bland and meaningless way etc etc They KNOW surely by now that the more you slag someone off the more people will vote. They seem intent, therefore, not just to get him out but to destroy him just because he had the cheek to get further than he should have done.

OR, we know votings down. Whats more cynical than keeping the person in who gets them the most votes, and what could ramp up the voting more than keeping the abuse going!!
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Have not even watched an episode of the x-factor this year as i have grown to hate it, but reading what i have about this guys treatment makes me believe the public are still being made fools out of by cowell.

typical formula.abuse someone so much that they will gain a big anti vote = more cash for them.

remember cowell pretending to hate jedward? same thing happening here with cowells puppets doing the pretending this time.