is 3 network any good

13»

Comments

• chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 do have 4.5 million customers is fact it was on the news and the internet when they launched the new xseries service 3 still do offer the money back before 14 days if you are not happy with them and i know that because my cuz works in a 3 shop they have that on all phones
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris20 wrote:
    3 do have 4.5 million customers is fact it was on the news and the internet when they launched the new xseries service 3 still do offer the money back before 14 days if you are not happy with them and i know that because my cuz works in a 3 shop they have that on all phones

The best I can find is 3.75 million on Three's own website - doesn't compare with the 17.2 million customers on T-Mobile or 4.4 on Virgin Mobile which doesn't even own a mobile network!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was on the news in jan i heard it on the radio i know this for sure they have 4.5 i heard it this year that's old that one 2006
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris20 wrote:
    it was on the news in jan i heard it on the radio i know this for sure they have 4.5 i heard it this year that's old that one 2006

I've just changed the above post - on a press release from this last WEEK, Three are still claiming they have 3.75 million customers - if they had more don't you think they would say so?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its gone down then i just asked my mum and dad to be sure who saw the news when the owner of 3 was talking about the new xseries service in October i think it was he said they had 4.5 million customers and at the end off 2005 they had 4milion customers so they do seem to lose loads http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Mobile#United_Kingdom
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have NEVER had more than 3.75 million customers in the UK and Ireland. (3's accounts show the UK + Ireland as one total so in reality the UK subscriber number will be less).

Full details are available from the company accounts at

http://www.hutchison-whampoa.com/eng/index.htm

Expect a big fall in the subscriber base when new stats are released due to churn, limited dealer support and the demise of the failed 'WePay' service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets get a few things straight here!
    firstly 3 is the fastest growing network in the uk with 3.5million customers in less than 4 years is extraorfinary in these times not like the 90s with voda and orange later and yet with very few store until now.
    secondly hutchinson sold orange in 1999 and now can throw maney at 3 as whampoa is a huge company with long term ambitions. by the time 3g will be on orange/.o2/tmob/orng... 3 will change its name to Four ready for 4g which is currently being worked on by hutchinson. the trademark to FOUR is already taken btw!
    so by opening 150 store in late 2006 over night and out stripping the other networks on tariffs aswell as improvements to network and roaming partner... hutchinson will be around for alot longer than people think....
    3 is described as the jewel in hutchinsons crown and they are willing to throw money at it!

also if 3 wanted to be a calls and text service then thats no where near the stuff on 3 and will be on 3! give it time people the myths are past!
    btw 3stores are doing alot more than orange shop/voda and best tariffs on the high street by far!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    riaz wrote:
    lets get a few things straight here!
    firstly 3 is the fastest growing network in the uk with 3.5million customers in less than 4 years is extraorfinary in these times not like the 90s with voda and orange later and yet with very few store until now.
    secondly hutchinson sold orange in 1999 and now can throw maney at 3 as whampoa is a huge company with long term ambitions. by the time 3g will be on orange/.o2/tmob/orng... 3 will change its name to Four ready for 4g which is currently being worked on by hutchinson. the trademark to FOUR is already taken btw!
    so by opening 150 store in late 2006 over night and out stripping the other networks on tariffs aswell as improvements to network and roaming partner... hutchinson will be around for alot longer than people think....
    3 is described as the jewel in hutchinsons crown and they are willing to throw money at it!

also if 3 wanted to be a calls and text service then thats no where near the stuff on 3 and will be on 3! give it time people the myths are past!
    btw 3stores are doing alot more than orange shop/voda and best tariffs on the high street by far!

Thanks for your time official spokesman for 3. :D
  • nodnolnodnol Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Cable wrote:
    Yet more mis-information from wavejockglw.

Regular readers of the forum will see the amazing bile that wavejock throws at 3 on a regular basis. Most of it based on out of date information or ill-informed supposition.

Here's where he falsely claimed 3 were selling out to China Mobile! :rolleyes:

And here are the threads that wavejockglw has ACTUALLY STARTED about 3 in order to bitch about them;

Here's one

Here's another

and another

and yet another

Good Lord, here's another

Ooo, look, here's another

This one's funny

To quote myself previously;

...before anyone accuses me of being on a Witchunt, I'd just like to point out that these are just the threads started by Wavejock in order to get his point across - I simply haven't got space to go through the threads he has hi-jacked with his anti-3 rants.

You don't like 3. We get it. You have the right to say this. But quite frankly, you're coming across as a wee bit obsessive about it.

(BTW, for anyone thinking that Wavejock is providing a service by advising of price increases, etc [A very just cause, might I add] - I'd have a look to see how many negative threads he's started about any other Mobile Phone network. I'll give you a clue; it's less than 1. Not exactly the actions of an independant concerned consumer)....

At the end of the day, don't listen to me, don't listen to wavejockglw.

Take the 14 day trial for yourself like MANY other people on DS have done and find out what 3 are REALLY like today.

I have to 100 % agree here. I don't need to add anything further, Mr Cable has sais it all.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riaz wrote: »
    also no more 14 day returns policy from feb unless theres a fault with network or services/handset.

Hi

What is currently threes returns policy for orders made over the phone ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

With the returns policy they say don't insert the (new) sim card and make calls , what if you inserted another (wifes ) three sim card to make or receive a call , will three know the phone as been used in this way and hence then void the return
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are the best network ever!

great value!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 3 are pretty decent. Tried them when they first launched 3pay but was a bit crappy. Tried them again a year or so later and was better but another network was better for me at the time. Now my mobile needs are changing and I'm thinking of buying a 3 pay as you go sim again to give them another go as my neighbour swears by them.

Wouldn't mind a contract but I wouldn't pass the ccredit check at the moment I don't think.

Personally I don't think it's fair to compare 3 to the main 4 networks as they've been around for what like 10 years?whereas 3 have only been around 4 or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

With the returns policy they say don't insert the (new) sim card and make calls , what if you inserted another (wifes ) three sim card to make or receive a call , will three know the phone as been used in this way and hence then void the return

Got my E65 today. Inserting the battery and not the sim card brought it up in off-line mode, so I was able to get a feel of it without invalidating the warranty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epsomsalts wrote: »
    Got my E65 today. Inserting the battery and not the sim card brought it up in off-line mode, so I was able to get a feel of it without invalidating the warranty.

Hi

My E61 is packed up and ready to be collected by Three , after hours on the phone Direct to Tom Tom who couldn't get it up and working , its officially deemed as faulty software or Phone and the contract is to be cancelled upon receipt by them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

My E61 is packed up and ready to be collected by Three , after hours on the phone Direct to Tom Tom who couldn't get it up and working , its officially deemed as faulty software or Phone and the contract is to be cancelled upon receipt by them

Getting the battery on to a full charge first, then will try inserting the sim and see how it goes. Three gives me the best signal anywhere I have been and the only other network I was looking at was T-Mobile but their high speed stuff doesn't work where I live, plus Three's unlimited internet is £2.50 cheaper per month. At the end of the day it's a 12 month contract this time. Be sure if I get any bother with this phone it will be posted tout suite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd add my two pence worth.

I've just taken delivery of my Sony Ericsson K610i from Three. After being on o2 for ages I was very nervous about moving to Three, particularly as I was looking at an 18month contract on the bargain £15 deal.

I have to say I am highly impressed. Everything works. The phone is great no problem or glitches so far.

The coverage is great. I took it all the way from Leeds to Newcastle today. The Reception strength vary's alot more than on o2 but holds a signal very well. It switches between 2g and 3g seamlessly. Tried a cross network Video call, which was far better than what I had previously seen a few years ago.

When I got to Peterlee, (according to the three website Video calling is very patchy) I had a full 2.5g signal.

The 3g bit is just a novelty to me, as far as calls and texting is concerned, I can't fault the service yet.

Called customer service to transfer my number, yes they are in India, but they were very quick and polite. Did what I expected of them. As long as you speak to them in a normal business like way and not use lots of slang they seem to be fine.

I'd recommend Three.:)

This is coming from someone who used to be very sceptical about their service.