Options

Kylie Minogue Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's kind o organic anyway I mean let's get to it isn't exactly a pop album is more r&b etc which she just made more dancier on hEr next two outings but what I like about light years and fever was it was a pop mainstream continuation o the creativity she explored in the nineties it's a great musical journey :p so take it slowly indeed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i was first getting into Kylie, i stayed away from LGTI for ages as i'd heard nothing really positive about it. Was glad i finally gave it a go as some tracks are downright brilliant (Right Here, Right Now)

My only gripe is her vocals are drowned out on Too Much Of A Good Thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm yet to find a copy of LGTI its so hard to come by.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's LGTI? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really wow now i didn't know that! Come to think of it LGTI is the only physical CD i don't own
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's LGTI? :o

Let's Get To It :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah or its extortionate prices online same for every album pre KM94 so i have to listen on the net for proper old skool kylie
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Let's Get To It :D

Of course. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first 4 albums need the digital remaster treatment. The tracks sound so quiet and MQ. I had to use an editor to amplify the sound for most of the album tracks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do considering their cult following they have been all but ignored its a shame.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder when she will drop Time Bomb on us? the video was filmed weeks ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder when she will drop Time Bomb on us? the video was filmed weeks ago.

That's news to me. I know she was filming a video in SoHo but I had no idea about the single being called Time Bomb etc. Excited! I hope we get information soon like who produced it, snippets, etc. Kylie is speculated to be performing at the UK The Voice finale! That would be great promotion for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    That's news to me. I know she was filming a video in SoHo but I had no idea about the single being called Time Bomb etc. Excited! I hope we get information soon like who produced it, snippets, etc. Kylie is speculated to be performing at the UK The Voice finale! That would be great promotion for her.

You can apparently hear it here!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDdu3zKs-s

Its supposed to be a reworking of Lose Control.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can apparently hear it here!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDdu3zKs-s

Its supposed to be a reworking of Lose Control.

Oooh thanks! That would be cool! Lose Control was from X so that in itself would mean it would still sound current now. Perhaps this was just all filmed in advance for a huge campaign for the 2013 album? Nice to get some brand new Kylie so early on! Didn't expect to hear much until 2013. Minogue is still as hard a grafter as ever 25 years on. Here's to 25 more!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised particularly after the anti tour she isnt going to release a b-sides, rarities and unreleased tracks compilation i mean she has enough songs out there in the ether i mean even as a bonus disc on the orchestral would be something.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X came today. Such stunning pics in the booklet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X came today. Such stunning pics in the booklet

My favourite artwork of hers i love the entire X era
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The K25 album confuses me as I still have no clear idea of what is going to be on it. At first I thought it was going to be orchestral remixes. Now it looks like some new tracks might be there as well??

I wonder how long it will be until we find out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm basically double posting what i put in the other thread but VoodooChic has just listed some unreleased stuff from the 1994 KM album that could be released now to celebrate K25
    I wonder how long it will be until we find out?

I do like the mystery of not knowing, but i also worry all these ideas i have won't actually happen, i mean there's another Greatest Hits coming out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh Light years arrived as well.

I am loving the mystery of K25 as well. I hope we see more of the Abbey road sessions. We have seen two but it;s been ages since the last one was premiered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh yay Light Years is so underrated its camp cocktail fun never fails to make me smile think it may be my favourite.

And have decided to make my own KM25 best of which i may say is pretty awesome and in chronological order gives a surprising retrospective of her career its odd hearing the jump from bubblegum pop on her first two outings to better the devil youknow and just gets better and better her is the tracklisting:

The Locomotion
    I should be so lucky
    got to be certain
    je ne sais pas pourqouis
    hand on your heart
    wouldn't change a thing
    better the devil you know
    what do i have to do
    give me just a little more time
    finer feelings
    confide in me
    put yourself in my place
    breathe
    spinning around
    on a night like this
    please stay
    cant get you out of my head
    love at first sight
    come into my world
    slow
    choclolate
    2 hearts
    in my arms
    all the lovers
    get outta my way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Oooh yay Light Years is so underrated its camp cocktail fun never fails to make me smile think it may be my favourite.

And have decided to make my own KM25 best of which i may say is pretty awesome and in chronological order gives a surprising retrospective of her career its odd hearing the jump from bubblegum pop on her first two outings to better the devil youknow and just gets better and better her is the tracklisting:

The Locomotion
    I should be so lucky
    got to be certain
    je ne sais pas pourqouis
    hand on your heart
    wouldn't change a thing
    better the devil you know
    what do i have to do
    give me just a little more time
    finer feelings
    confide in me
    put yourself in my place
    breathe
    spinning around
    on a night like this
    please stay
    cant get you out of my head
    love at first sight
    come into my world
    slow
    choclolate
    2 hearts
    in my arms
    all the lovers
    get outta my way.

I like it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its really odd though imon the fever singles now and the transition is just amazing like almost an entirely different artist but feels completely organic from ROL onwards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite it being an album track, More More More from Fever is actually one of my favoutie Kylie songs!

It's hard having favourite Kylie songs as there's so many to choose from
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Despite it being an album track, More More More from Fever is actually one of my favoutie Kylie songs!

It's hard having favourite Kylie songs as there's so many to choose from

Love that song

I really like the title track Fever as well from that album