Options

Season 21 - DISCUSS!

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Alek, Bindi and NotCarlos (so... Nick I suppose) for the final three, although I haven't paid too much attention to the show for a good few weeks now.

This is looking ever more likely now that Tamar's just withdrawn...
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    This is looking ever more likely now that Tamar's just withdrawn...

We'll there goes my 2nd dream final! :o

Is there something in the air at the DWTS studios? First Kim has a stroke, now Tamar's lungs are filled with blood clots. :confused:

Maybe Bindi is secretly poisoning everyone with venom from her pets, and the Final will just be her and Derek dancing over the corpses of the other two finalists with the snake from Alexa's Cha-Cha-Cha. :D
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is such a joke nowadays.

I want to offer my Congratulations in advance to 2 times Emmy Winner choreographer and 5 times ( now 6 times ) Dwts champion Derek Hough : brilliant man, creative mastermind , clever choreographer, astute businessman and just an around lovely person. ❤❤❤ him.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tamar withdrawing doesn't change the landscape whatsoever. The final
    2 remains, as it always was, Nick vs Bindi. Alex, Carlos, Alexa, and Tamar are/were also rans.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Alek, Bindi and NotCarlos (so... Nick I suppose) for the final three, although I haven't paid too much attention to the show for a good few weeks now.

I've watched a few dances this season. I think the show is dying a death.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I've watched a few dances this season. I think the show is dying a death.

As are half the contestants by the looks of things.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted about Tamar :( she was the 1 remaining contestant I found interesting!
  • Options
    RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Alexa went her dances weren't worth a 60.

Sad about Tamar liked her and Val. She would have struggled getting next week with that low dress rehearsal score though.

The host Tom showed is class again holding the manic show together.

Winner is obviously from Bindi or Nick the other two are duds and have been lucky to get this far.

Props again to The Hough he really is a class apart and is now the strong favorite to win the show (again!)
  • Options
    ADMRADMR Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not followed every week but Bindi looks so good. Would love for her to win.
  • Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst season ever, cant believe how far this show has fallen. :(

Only reason for watching is to see Tom and Erin thrive in the chaos.

I cant stand Sharna but am hoping her BackStreetBoy can win for a bit of a reality check. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprises last night, Carlos and Alek were basically in a race for third anyway. Would prefer Bindi as a person to win but can't call it between her and Nick who will actually win.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    I think Nick or Bindi will win but I think somewhere it said this could be Dereks last series as a pro and that when his contract expired this series he may not renew it. if that is the case I think the judges will do all they can to fix it so that Derek wins on his final series. Also so this year could have the youngest winner if Bindi wins at 17 if im not mistaken?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *waves tiny "Go Alek!" flag from the sidelines*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Nick or Bindi will win but I think somewhere it said this could be Dereks last series as a pro and that when his contract expired this series he may not renew it. if that is the case I think the judges will do all they can to fix it so that Derek wins on his final series. Also so this year could have the youngest winner if Bindi wins at 17 if im not mistaken?:)

I can guarantee there won't be any judges fixing- if previous seasons are anything to go by, all 3 couples will get 30/30- leaving Bindi and Nick tied at the top of the judges' leaderboard and it'll all go down to the viewer vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    *waves tiny "Go Alek!" flag from the sidelines*

You're very, very wrong, but I wouldn't be angry if Alek did win. At least he can move and dance to a half decent standard, unlike Noah last year.
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone ever complains about the Strictly scoring, have a look over the pound. It was as if they were watching boxing except everyone always won their dance. Nicks jive getting all 10's was particularly insulting.

For me though, Bindi danced at an incredible standard and had a clear distance between the rest. For this reason, it's one of the poorer finals.

The freestyles were all fairly predictable. Carlos is now probably the 2nd best dancer (or was) and he performed it well. The concept was a little dull and I didn't see the point of getting Paula in to stand on the spot or his wife in to be lifted up and popped back down. A pointless gimmick.

Aleks' was on the nose but it worked. Sure that was largely down to your eyes being drawn away from him to the..."army" ( :D ) of backing dancers but lindsay did well with the weakest dancer.

I'm not sure why Bindi now danced 3rd. But it was the dance of the night. However I hated the package, the picture and the concept. Call me heartless but we have already had a week of such things and it didn't need repeating.

I was disappointed most with Nicks. As a concept it was very similar to his previous BB number. The choreography was lackluster. I don't think it was performed that well. Sharna is better than that rubbish.

Obviously I hope Bindi wins. Either way, I would think it's 50/50 that Derek returns. I think he genuinely loves dance and realizes the platform he has to do so. But another win would be the way to go out.
  • Options
    Nina_BlakeNina_Blake Posts: 6,578
    Forum Member

I think Shawn Johnson won her season (not all-stars) at 17, didn't she?
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder Len is back also pretty smart from him. Bet the producers will give him x2 the amount he previously got.

The show was utter trash without him. Bruno tried his best at times to keep the show a float and Tom was flawless as ever but it just did not work.

Bindi GODDESS winning <333
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Bindi won it was the right winner although I wasn't a fan of their showdance it was a brilliant dance but it has been done before the last time Derek didn't do a contemporary showdance was with Amber

Carlos was a good dancer but the showdance was boring hip hop nothing special and you barely saw Alexa so what was the point of the ex contestants? If he wanted to dance with his wife so be it but he danced more, well I'm using the word dance loosely here, with Paula

Alek I actually liked it not that there was much ballroom based dancing but Lindsay did a great job playing to his strengths.

Nick's I found the most disappointing it was another backstreet boys routine has he learnt nothing? Expected more tbh

Haven't seen the fusion dances yet but it was the right winner

And Yes Nina Shawn was 17 when she won with Mark
  • Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well, at least Len will be back, if it doesn't get dropped. . . . . :(
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven wrote: »
    Ah well, at least Len will be back, if it doesn't get dropped. . . . . :(

No chance of being dropped still in top 10 only have to worry about being axed if it falls out of the top 10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finally watched all the dances...

...Bindi really was the winner from Day 1, wasn't she? :D

Alek acquitted himself well of a completely alien challenge, and his Jazz routine is still in my top 5 favourite routines of the season.

Minor moan: the 24 Hour Fusion is a waste of space; it's just a rehash of two dances cut in half, with no real "fusion" of styles at all. Have it as a full week, or ditch it, I'm always disappointed.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    Yeah forgot about Shawn Johnson being 17 my mistake shes equal youngest winner though. Not supprised. I think Derek will go and they would have tried to fix it as much as possible for him to end on a high and get his 6th win. that would fit the storyline. Thats why i like strictly more becuase the storylines seem to be different each year on who gets what celeb ability like this year it seems to be aimed at Anton which it never has whereas with Dancing With The Stars Derek Hough seems to be the constant storyline. they should chnage the broken record or give him a duffer for a change. i thought he had when Amy was given since she had no legs and Amber since she was large. But think he wouldnt cope well like Pasha if he got a complete duffer. would be interested to see how he copes wih it though as his big fanbase would react too since he has a large fanbase (around the same size as Anton in UK)
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know where to put this but I was excited to see Iveta dancing with the Chmerkovskiy's stage show "Sway"! Also Peta and Maks got engaged during one of the shows, apparently. Henry Byalikov is in the cast, too.

I guess I assumed that since Iveta has a studio in NYC and so do Maks/Val/Tony that they wouldn't be working together but would be rivals though I feel ashamed at being so cynical. That's just so cool :)

Lots of pictures from the show and meet-and-greet on Iveta's Twitter feed (5-6 December):

https://twitter.com/D8Iveta
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Chaka Khan would go into more detail about why she hated being on DWTS so much - here's a quote from her about her experience:

Do you regret it?

"I have my regrets and most of them are private, ones that happened behind the scenes, because it was worse behind the scenes than in front of the camera. I was calling it “Dancing Behind Bars.” So it’s pretty tough and it seemed like it would never end."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/wp/2015/12/31/chaka-khan-dishes-on-her-tough-time-on-dwts-and-her-joni-mitchell-tribute-album/