Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,494
Administrator
Orion wrote: »
It's Matt Berry from the IT Crowd on the cheese ads, and yes his voice is everywhere right now.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1456583

Comments

• valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Kate Moss advertising Rimmell and Mango clothes, I thought she had been dropped by all the big companies after we all found out that she was a junkie knocking off Pete Docherty, surely there are plenty of other models who are cheaper and not crackheads that they could use.
    • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
      Forum Member
      "The girl on the platform smile..."
      WTF?
    • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I don't like the KFC one with the lazy cow that gives her family a bargain bucket for tea...
    • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      valkay wrote: »
      Kate Moss advertising Rimmell and Mango clothes, I thought she had been dropped by all the big companies after we all found out that she was a junkie knocking off Pete Docherty, surely there are plenty of other models who are cheaper and not crackheads that they could use.

I would have thought being a crackhead is perfect for getting "the London look" that Rimmel has as its slogan. That and maybe having a few stab wounds...
    • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The one where the man shops on Tesco's website whilst on the phone to his wife and pretending to be in Tesco's store. How long does he think he's going to get away with that for? As long as it takes for wifey to get home and realise that they have nothing in for dinner - that's how long.

God, that advert winds me up.
    • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Quite besides the fact that Galaxy has the texture of spunk and tastes like that foul bland Kinder-style chocolate

Eat much spunk do you? :D
    • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      If your spunk has the texture of Galaxy you should get to the Doctor's ASAP.
    • deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Oh, my!
      Forum Member
      deev1ne0ne wrote: »
      Eat much spunk do you? :D

:D
      I really like Galaxy :mad:
    • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

Can't stand the woman. Another member of "The Overated Munter Club" along with Sarah Jessica Parker.
    • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
      Forum Member
      Ive just been unfortunate enough to catch the one where the girl goes to get some galaxy from the kitchen " oohhh I know what I fancy " ? but its vanished and she smiles shaking her head reproachfully at a photograph of her friends... " who was it this time " ?. when the reality is , " What tw*ts had me chocolate " ?
    • widbearwidbear Posts: 521
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Whenever I see the Galaxy skeleton I think of Jar Jar Binks and expect 'who was it this time?' to be emitted in a high-pitched pseudo Jamaican shriek.

Most Boots adverts rile me - men are just such spineless d*ckheads aren't they! OK for a long time there was chauvinism, but two wrongs don't make a right, as mother would say.

Confused.com - trying to bring a hen-party dance floor and a gay nightclub party mood to boring, mundane stuff like car insurance - probably written by dull insurance workers in Basingstoke who once danced to YMCA drunkenly at their sister's wedding to Gavin who works in Prontaprint and it was so hilarious and wacky..
    • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
      Forum Member
      That Comfort conditioner ad with the fabric doll characters annoys me.

"Us fabrics become faded"
      " Us clothes are worth it"

It's "we" "we" "we" do you hear me ???? :confused: :mad::mad:

Don't fabric dolls have English lessons ? :D:D
    • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
      Forum Member

and pray to God the doctor doesn't like the taste of Galaxy :D

unless it's an attractive lady doctor with big .........and ..... um um ;););)
    • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      CAPITAL FM RAWKS.

I love Rihanna as an artist but this advert, and her posing and pouting in it, is just embarrassing.
    • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
      Forum Member
      The Heinz soup ad with those people blowing on their soup really, really drives me mad. I have to put it on mute
    • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Blindingly obvious point to make I know, but everyone has correctly identified what the adverts are for - Galaxy, KFC, Comfort, etc., so- job done as far as the advertisers are concerned!
      Forum Member
      New Werther's Original advert :mad:
      I'm sure they've tried to go with the homely, gentle feel the other ads had but it annoys me because it's obviously not a British ad and the woman talking doesn't sound like she fits the ad.
      "The first time I went to my favourite caramel shop I was FIVE.."
    • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
      Forum Member
      grimtales1 wrote: »
      New Werther's Original advert :mad:
      I'm sure they've tried to go with the homely, gentle feel the other ads had but it annoys me because it's obviously not a British ad and the woman talking doesn't sound like she fits the ad.
      "The first time I went to my favourite caramel shop I was FIVE.."

You couldn't move for caramel shops where I lived, they were all the rage in the early 80's. I was always in my local caramel shop when I was a lass, you just couldn't drag me out of there. All the kids hung out there, we just couldn't get enough caramel, especially the soft chewy ones.

:D:D:D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Molly Hunt wrote: »
      Blindingly obvious point to make I know, but everyone has correctly identified what the adverts are for - Galaxy, KFC, Comfort, etc., so- job done as far as the advertisers are concerned!

I think this argument is bollocks, unless advertises intention is to have their adverts associated with hate and disgust.

Garnier bb cream
      This advert is so bloody stupid, and I find it funny that they only started advertising this as soon as Big Brother started, are they trying to be associated or something?

MoneySuperMarket
      The advert with the gorillas is just wrong on so many levels, and that little tosser "Dave" seems to be seconds away from being spit roasted by two gorillas.

Whicks
      "Red Pencil Prices", magnolia emulsion is down from 21.95 to 20.95, I bet they have people camping outside for that one :rolleyes:

Colgate
      The guy in the shopping center walks up to that random woman and says "excuse me is your toothpaste working" - If I was her I'd drop kick the little cretin there and then the cheeky fooker! They should do another re-shoot of this advert in Salford and this time the guy should go up to a bloke and ask "excuse me is your toothpaste working" then cut to the end where the guy has a broken arm, two black eyes and two front teeth remaining :rolleyes:

Churchill
      Oh for god sake! how many times must we see tug of war/rolf harris moving house :mad:

Tesco
      I immediately hate any advert with that ugly horse faced twunt in, that is all.

Ryvita
      The one in the radio station where the woman starts waffling on about how they are designed for BREAKFAST, she repeats the word breakfast about 12 times throughout the advert :mad: I want to shove that packet of whatever they are right up her fooking nose!

Plusnet
      Irritating, just irritating. Especially when the fat guy starts dancing - It's like the devils fingernails screeching down the blackboard of my soul.

.....and breath.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Rivita ads for ladies who crunch when one of them dips the rivita in the other's bowl of soup. That would annoy me if someone did that. :mad:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      AJXX wrote: »
      I think this argument is bollocks, unless advertises intention is to have their adverts associated with hate and disgust.

Garnier bb cream
      This advert is so bloody stupid, and I find it funny that they only started advertising this as soon as Big Brother started, are they trying to be associated or something?

MoneySuperMarket
      The advert with the gorillas is just wrong on so many levels, and that little tosser "Dave" seems to be seconds away from being spit roasted by two gorillas.

Whicks
      "Red Pencil Prices", magnolia emulsion is down from 21.95 to 20.95, I bet they have people camping outside for that one :rolleyes:

Colgate
      The guy in the shopping center walks up to that random woman and says "excuse me is your toothpaste working" - If I was her I'd drop kick the little cretin there and then the cheeky fooker! They should do another re-shoot of this advert in Salford and this time the guy should go up to a bloke and ask "excuse me is your toothpaste working" then cut to the end where the guy has a broken arm, two black eyes and two front teeth remaining :rolleyes:

Churchill
      Oh for god sake! how many times must we see tug of war/rolf harris moving house :mad:

Tesco

[B]Ryvita
      The one in the radio station where the woman starts waffling on about how they are designed for BREAKFAST, she repeats the word breakfast about 12 times throughout the advert :mad: I want to shove that packet of whatever they are right up her fooking nose!Plusnet
      Irritating, just irritating. Especially when the fat guy starts dancing - It's like the devils fingernails screeching down the blackboard of my soul.[/B].....and breath.

BIB That annoys me too especially how fast she talks - silly person.
    • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
      Forum Member
      I really hate the two toasters in a rented flat advert.

Firstly - I have no idea what it's advertising

Second - they are just lame ads, there are others with alarm clocks etc

Thirdly - what kitchen usually has two toasters, Bedroom two alarm clocks etc

Fourth - The bloke doing the voice over sounds really slimey.

The ads are stupid, annoying and make me switch over everytime they come on
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Eh?! That was years ago! And she had the most lucrative year of her career immediately after it.

Moss still sells.
    • LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      AJXX wrote: »

Tesco

Ryvita
      The one in the radio station where the woman starts waffling on about how they are designed for BREAKFAST, she repeats the word breakfast about 12 times throughout the advert :mad: I want to shove that packet of whatever they are right up her fooking nose!

You talking about the new Tesco advert? The girl looks really uncomfortable.

And the breakfast biscuits are Belvita, not Ryvita. And don't taste that bad.
    This discussion has been closed.