Impressed with Virgin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
Forum Member
Hi All.
Well I have to say i'm impressed with Virgin.

I'm a first time customer... booked an installation, between 1 and 5pm, they turned up at 1:05.

Really nice guy, installed everything where I wanted even though there were already sockets installed from previous tenant.

New style Samsung box. Bonus!

Wireless N router even though I'm on 10meg, and even in peak times I was still getting 9.45meg connection.

The only bad thing I can see is, I'm on the weekend call package, so all calls cost a whopping 8.5p a min!!!!!!! WOW not good.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• bamindybamindy Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Welcome, jetheridge - hope you're happy with your decision and products! You should be able to change your phone package to include eve & weekend calls which will help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    It is nice to hear a good post re VM... I must admit, I have been a customer since Cambridge Cable first started (Bout 300 yrs ago :cool: ) and I reiterate, everything is fine till you get a problem....

8.5p/pm seems excessive but I am on 24/7 calls.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
  • darthlinuxdarthlinux Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, I have talk unlimited so don't pay for any landline call.
  • PudpullerTMPudpullerTM Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jetheridge wrote: »
    Hi All.
    Well I have to say i'm impressed with Virgin.

I'm a first time customer... booked an installation, between 1 and 5pm, they turned up at 1:05.

Really nice guy, installed everything where I wanted even though there were already sockets installed from previous tenant.

New style Samsung box. Bonus!

Wireless N router even though I'm on 10meg, and even in peak times I was still getting 9.45meg connection.

The only bad thing I can see is, I'm on the weekend call package, so all calls cost a whopping 8.5p a min!!!!!!! WOW not good.

Cheers guys.

The peak time speed will only drop if you hit the STM and they drop your speeds by 75%.

It doesnt drop just because its peak time
  • darthlinuxdarthlinux Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The peak time speed will only drop if you hit the STM and they drop your speeds by 75%.

Also it shows that he possibly lives in a uncongested area, which is good news for the OP as it nice to see your top speed at peak times.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mine does.

I get noticably slower speeds in the early evening compared to morning & afternoon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Hi again.

On the talk unlimited do you also get free 0845 calls?

Cheers!
    J
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    jetheridge wrote: »
    Hi again.

On the talk unlimited do you also get free 0845 calls?

Cheers!
    J

No, only on Talk Anytime Packages, it will be free
  • ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who used to work for VM its nice to hear praise about the service instead of hearing how c**p it is all day long :)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I was with Virgin from 2001-2010. The service was good.
  • HANHAM97HANHAM97 Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Agree.
  • lucaspowelllucaspowell Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    You can get much cheaper calls here:
    http://www.firsttelecom.com/other-products/cable-saver
    1.6p per min peak
    0.8p per min off peak
    6.1p minimum charge
  • springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    I think virgin customer service has been great. I have had a few bumps along the way, but every time they have sorted me out, even giving discounts when service has been disrupted. And it is good that all of it is free unlike other companies