Deidre's chain belt - the appreciation thread!

Comments

• NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two epsiodes tonight - two chances for "the Belt" to do it's usual scene-stealing-spectacular!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the "belt" having its own mini-story as it goes off to have a holiday fling with one of Mr T's neck chains! :)
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I love this thread
  • PCBHPCBH Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Possibly my favourite ever thread !!:D
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PCBH wrote: »
    Possibly my favourite ever thread !!:D

Mine too, but I'm about to drag it down with some terrible puns.....I thought of a name for "The Belt", but you'd have to be of a certain age to get it, sorry to all you younger posters but here goes....I warn you it plumbs the depths of awfulness...

Lon(g) Chain(y) Junior (it can't possibly be the original!)

Also how about some incidental music, next time Dreary has a family get-together "Chain of fools" by Aretha Franklin could be playing on Uncle Albert's old gramophone :D:D
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love love love this thread. I thought I was the only one who noticed Deirdreh's fabulous belts throughout the years. I love how she has been consistant.
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for tonight's doubler - possibly one whole hour of 'the belt'.

Wow! :D
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all this attention being focused on Deirdre's belt, Hayley's red anorak is slipping under the radar.:D
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    With all this attention being focused on Deirdre's belt, Hayley's red anorak is slipping under the radar.:D

I was going to mention her anorak lol!!!

Gail hasn't wore her turtleneck's in a long time....
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    And Kevin's purple coat - with all that money he should've bought a new one
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought I was the only one to have noticed the chain belt and that its part is getting bigger in the show.

I hope it has an equity card and is getting paid a fair wage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that there was definitely 'a belt' in tonight's episode, but I don't think that it was 'the belt'

:confused:

Thoughts?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    i too had noticed the belt :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    actually i think her belly drew my attention the the belt......sorry Deidre.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aahhh ... the chain belt! I think she also used to wear a suede "chain" belt with tassels some years ago.

I did notice tonight that she had on a huge, long skirt and I very nearly threw my chain belt at the telly - that is SO not Deirdre!!

Is it possible she swallowed some of her old chain belts because her voice is getting more gravelly by the day - sounds like my neighbour dragging her wheelie bin over the shingle. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Didn't Steve say he had got some belting jokes for the wedding. What ? Jokes about Dreary's belt. I'm looking forward to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine too, but I'm about to drag it down with some terrible puns.....I thought of a name for "The Belt", but you'd have to be of a certain age to get it, sorry to all you younger posters but here goes....I warn you it plumbs the depths of awfulness...

Lon(g) Chain(y) Junior (it can't possibly be the original!)

Also how about some incidental music, next time Dreary has a family get-together "Chain of fools" by Aretha Franklin could be playing on Uncle Albert's old gramophone :D:D

I think Lon Chainy Jr was either Phantom of the Opera or The Werewolf.
    Maybe all Deirdre's fellas she's had could be called The Chain Gang?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Aahhh ... the chain belt! I think she also used to wear a suede "chain" belt with tassels some years ago.

I did notice tonight that she had on a huge, long skirt and I very nearly threw my chain belt at the telly - that is SO not Deirdre!!

Is it possible she swallowed some of her old chain belts because her voice is getting more gravelly by the day - sounds like my neighbour dragging her wheelie bin over the shingle. :D

PMSL what a brilliant description lololol!

But I think if we don't see the "belt" soon Ken will have to lure it back, put some milk down for it or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Gail hasn't wore her turtleneck's in a long time....[/QUOTE]

Surely Gail always wears her turtleneck!

Oh I see ... You meant a jumper :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treaclebob wrote: »
    Gail hasn't wore her turtleneck's in a long time....

Surely Gail always wears her turtleneck!

Oh I see ... You meant a jumper :o[/QUOTE]

LOLOL!! Naughty!
    Turtleneck, hamster chin!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those who need a Deirdre's Belt Fix (and I am one) here's one she made earlier, a sort of "trainee" belt for the classic to come.
    http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2010/09/truth-about-deirdre-barlows-belt.html
  • NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we have had 3 weeks of the year so far and Deidre has been in some episodes but you has not year worn "The Belt" so as at Saturday 21/01/2012 the officilal episode tally for 2012 is sofar still 0 appearances.

Remember Belt-Brigade - don't expect to see it on Monday at the wedding but eyes peeled!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    Well we have had 3 weeks of the year so far and Deidre has been in some episodes but you has not year worn "The Belt" so as at Saturday 21/01/2012 the officilal episode tally for 2012 is sofar still 0 appearances.

Remember Belt-Brigade - don't expect to see it on Monday at the wedding but eyes peeled!!!

It's been a disappointing year so far. Perhaps 'the belt' is spending some time in Australia after appearing in 'the jungle' ?:D