Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.
    Isn't it strange that whenever PA is caught out spouting utter crap,it's always the media's fault for "reporting things incorrectly" and NEVER his fault for talking out of his shiny orange rear end?:rolleyes:

Very strange.

You'd think someone who takes such care to correct even the most mind-numbing infantile gossip in his Column of Truth would make it a priority to correct such irresponsible and misleading blunders... :confused:
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Very strange.

You'd think someone who takes such care to correct even the most mind-numbing infantile gossip in his Column of Truth would make it a priority to correct such irresponsible and misleading blunders... :confused:

:eek:
    Oh ffs no!
    PLEASE tell me you're joking and it's not really called the Column of Truth.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange.

The abomination that is Andre wouldn't know what truth was even if it jumped up and bit him on the bum.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:
    Oh ffs no!
    PLEASE tell me you're joking and it's not really called the Column of Truth.

hahaha No, that's just me and my side-eyeing the self-involved drivel he writes. :D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha No, that's just me and my side-eyeing the self-involved drivel he writes. :D

Oh thank God.
    I was starting to imagine him scribbling away with the Crayon of Justice,and underlining the REALLY true stuff with his Ruler of Ultimate Honesty.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh thank God.
    I was starting to imagine him scribbling away with the Crayon of Justice,and underlining the REALLY true stuff with his Ruler of Ultimate Honesty.

And his Tippex of Relentless Factification
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh thank God.
    changa wrote: »

:D:D And his Dictionary of Deflection.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And his thesaurus of thrusting telling-my-side?
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    You do realise that panic attacks are one symptom of an anxiety disorder?! Some people are so badly affected by their anxiety that they need professional help, so he could have easily been admitted. Also I recall in his Piers Morgan interview it was also because of his depression & wanting to die as a result of his anxiety disorder. So it wasn't just for panic attacks :rolleyes: Anyway I'd take everything you read in the media as a pinch of salt as they often report things incorrectly.

I doubt he was in a room with people wearing straight jackets even if he was admitted overnight for observation. But continue to make excuses for his self serving constant self promotion where even the subject of his own mental health, his ex wives when she had post natal depression and his brothers death are up for sale.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    You do realise that panic attacks are one symptom of an anxiety disorder?! Some people are so badly affected by their anxiety that they need professional help, so he could have easily been admitted. Also I recall in his Piers Morgan interview it was also because of his depression & wanting to die as a result of his anxiety disorder. So it wasn't just for panic attacks :rolleyes: Anyway I'd take everything you read in the media as a pinch of salt as they often report things incorrectly.

Nobody suffering purely from anxiety/panic disorder (no matter how debilitating) would be admitted to a psychiatric unit - ever - it's utter nonsense to believe otherwise. I know enough about the condition and the treatments available to know this. Panic/Anxiety/Depression is TOTALLY different from psychiatric conditions like schizophrenia or mania.

If he was suicidal and posing a risk to himself and/or others then that's different - but it sounds as though he was suffering from an attack of attentionseekingitis.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody suffering purely from anxiety/panic disorder (no matter how debilitating) would be admitted to a psychiatric unit - ever - it's utter nonsense to believe otherwise. I know enough about the condition and the treatments available to know this. Panic/Anxiety/Depression is TOTALLY different from psychiatric conditions like schizophrenia or mania.

If he was suicidal and posing a risk to himself and/or others then that's different - but it sounds as though he was suffering from an attack of attentionseekingitis.

Cant argue with that Dr Pru, you have hit the nail on the head
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Andre keep coming out with this garbage?? People with anxiety or who have anxiety attacks maybe scared to go for help if they think they will be placed in a ward with people in straight jackets
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great post.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read one of his lovely autobiographies and remember thinking "whit a load a pish" when I read about him going into hospital. Very much fabricated, regardless of the reason he was in there. It was in America wasn't it?
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank God.
    changa wrote: »
    Is he going into the personalised stationery market now?!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He once claimed in one of his books that he was stalked by a girl at school, attacked hated and threatened by people in oz when his career flopped, and since all of this, over here, he once hired a team of ex sas security guards when he saw 2 women hanging around his gate :confused: something more going on there than panic attacks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    He once claimed in one of his books that he was stalked by a girl at school, attacked hated and threatened by people in oz when his career flopped, and since all of this, over here, he once hired a team of ex sas security guards when he saw 2 women hanging around his gate :confused: something more going on there than panic attacks

Like Pru said earlier, attentionseekingitis. Everything IMO exaggerated out of all proportion for sympathy and to present himself as a sensitive soul who feels things more deeply than anyone else. Typical MO of those with little talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Pru said earlier, attentionseekingitis. Everything IMO exaggerated out of all proportion for sympathy and to present himself as a sensitive soul who feels things more deeply than anyone else. Typical MO of those with little talent.

I think his family have always given into him because they dont want to see him hospitalised again, and boy has he taken from them, his kids and anyone else who he thinks can carry his sorry ass into celeb world :mad:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    I think his family have always given into him because they dont want to see him hospitalised again, and boy has he taken from them, his kids and anyone else who he thinks can carry his sorry ass into celeb world :mad:

IMO Peter is the families biggest bread winner so whatever he wants he gets.. Most of his brothers careers appear to come from his "fame"
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I had meningitis five years ago, which was a very scary time. Thankfully it was diagnosed very quickly. I was in a marathon and was feeling really off — like someone had hit me over the head with a hammer. Everyone else around me just thought it was the flu, but I knew something was seriously wrong."...........

Hmmm, making himself out to be the 'one who knew' when in fact Katie Price relates the events of that time differently and far more accurately. In her book she said they were in the US when he began feeling ill on a photo shoot (nothing mentioned about a marathon) and he got steadily worse on the plane home. Collapsed a day later at their house and was in hosp for three days with no diagnosis until a lumbar puncture was done and meningitis was diagnosed so that's not 'diagnosing it quickly'....they were being filmed for their show at the time so KP's account matches what was happeningn in their lives at the time. Does he think people are as witless as he is...?
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO Peter is the families biggest bread winner so whatever he wants he gets.. Most of his brothers careers appear to come from his "fame"

Mike seems to be a permanent in the CAN outfit these days....always 'on hand'. Lived in the house during the marriage to KP too...in that regard I felt sorry for the girl with the Andre clan always coming and going and mostly staying.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Except for private psychiatric clinics., plenty of panic attack and depressed patients in the priory.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Except for private psychiatric clinics., plenty of panic attack and depressed patients in the priory.

Sorry but I am unsure what point you are making.:o

Do you mean that private psychiatric patients don't need help?:confused:

Whatever your point is, nobody is ever (under any circumstances, private or otherwise) treated for a psychiatric disorder with a straight jacket.:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The condition can bring dark thoughts and a person can do things they never thought they would ever do. I would never accuse or presume someone was attention seeking especially with medical problems. It is always hard to remind oneself to “Try walking in another’s shoes for a week” and “There go for the grace of god go I” yet it’s something I regularly try to do as karma can be a b*tc* something I would not wish on my worst enemy.

American hospitals are different from ours, I do not believe the straight jacket comment but it would not surprise me if he was surrounded by people with to the extreme mental health problems that caused him deep concern and further stress.

If you check the history of this country and what they use to do with mental health patients at the same period of time as in America you would be horrified. UK has been progressive USA is still a little backward. In USA the more money you have the better quality of service and care, the less monies you have the worse service you will receive. In UK in the 80’s your first port of call was a physiatric unit, can still be this way when they attempt to find a diagnoses. It can be extremely concerning to for all concerned.

In the past If a family member had a mental health problem, cancer etc it was kept within the family as if it was a big dirty dark secrets, it can still be this way today. An employer knowing you have previously had a problem may not employ you today. In my opinion the more people talk on subjects like this the more it becomes the norm, more people will seek help, no more kept secrets, less people harmed, less suicides, no more discrimination etc. I agree that the straight jacket comment was irresponsible and could cause people concern and fear to come forward and should never have been written. Yet what seems like many accusing Peter of not having health problems and only seeking attention is also in my opinion irresponsible. Someone (many) on DS could be going through a difficult time and after reading what many have wrote on this thread may fear seeking help will be seen as attention seeking.

in my opinion, no one should say anyone is an attention seeker when it comes to health problems. A line in my opinion No one should cross even if you disslike another.

We live in a world that is so cold and comes across as so uncaring, I am sure at times in everyone’s life they have felt that everyone and anything is against us and that no one cares. The world seems to have lost “understanding” “empathy” we have lost community spirit, we all lock our doors not giving a damn about another and it’s all about “me” never another. It’s only going to get worse if people don’t make a change.

If anyone out there going through a difficult time in their life come off the internet but if you feel you cannot please do not take all that’s written as truth. Please keep searching for someone that cares, go to your doctors do not suffer alone, some do care x

I fully except to be lambasted for what I have written “ce la vie” carry on with ur good selfs I truly do not give a damn...
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The condition can bring dark thoughts and a person can do things they never thought they would ever do. I would never accuse or presume someone was attention seeking especially with medical problems. It is always hard to remind oneself to “Try walking in another’s shoes for a week” and “There go for the grace of god go I” yet it’s something I regularly try to do as karma can be a b*tc* something I would not wish on my worst enemy.

American hospitals are different from ours, I do not believe the straight jacket comment but it would not surprise me if he was surrounded by people with to the extreme mental health problems that caused him deep concern and further stress.

If you check the history of this country and what they use to do with mental health patients at the same period of time as in America you would be horrified. UK has been progressive USA is still a little backward. In USA the more money you have the better quality of service and care, the less monies you have the worse service you will receive. In UK in the 80’s your first port of call was a physiatric unit, can still be this way when they attempt to find a diagnoses. It can be extremely concerning to for all concerned.

In the past If a family member had a mental health problem, cancer etc it was kept within the family as if it was a big dirty dark secrets, it can still be this way today. An employer knowing you have previously had a problem may not employ you today. In my opinion the more people talk on subjects like this the more it becomes the norm, more people will seek help, no more kept secrets, less people harmed, less suicides, no more discrimination etc. I agree that the straight jacket comment was irresponsible and could cause people concern and fear to come forward and should never have been written. Yet what seems like many accusing Peter of not having health problems and only seeking attention is also in my opinion irresponsible. Someone (many) on DS could be going through a difficult time and after reading what many have wrote on this thread may fear seeking help will be seen as attention seeking.

in my opinion, no one should say anyone is an attention seeker when it comes to health problems. A line in my opinion No one should cross even if you disslike another.

We live in a world that is so cold and comes across as so uncaring, I am sure at times in everyone’s life they have felt that everyone and anything is against us and that no one cares. The world seems to have lost “understanding” “empathy” we have lost community spirit, we all lock our doors not giving a damn about another and it’s all about “me” never another. It’s only going to get worse if people don’t make a change.

If anyone out there going through a difficult time in their life come off the internet but if you feel you cannot please do not take all that’s written as truth. Please keep searching for someone that cares, go to your doctors do not suffer alone, some do care x

I fully except to be lambasted for what I have written “ce la vie” carry on with ur good selfs I truly do not give a damn...

I suffer from very bad anxiety myself and I can categorically state that anxiety is NOT a psychiatric condition and would NOT be treated in a psychiatric ward. Furthermore, someone 'checking themselves in' to a psychiatric hospital would not be surrounded by other patients in straitjackets.

We do indeed live in a cold and 'unsympathetic' world - made worse by cretins like Peter Andre that portray a completely absurd picture of mental health care that does nothing but cause damage and confusion.