Options

Could Sunderland appoint Sam Allardyce to be their manager again

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,531
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Well if Sunderland hardly win a match from now until Christmas, then i think they will sack David Moyes and they will be looking for a manager who can keep their team in the Premier League

Comments

• Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, probably.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they don't win a match before Christmas then it may already too late.

Sam going back to Sunderland can't be ruled out. He's already said he wants to go back to management but as a club Sunderland have been here time and time again. They might just decide to hold on to Moyes who they backed with a long term deal, in the championship if they have to.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's got any sense he won't.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunderland just seem like a club without a firm plan as to what they want to be, there is just this air of short-termism about them, so they just keep on changing managers at a rate of knots, and never getting anywhere.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they must be desperate, anyone would have to be desperate to employ crooked sham again.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not if they have any sense, At first yesterday I felt a bit sorry for Sam, but the more i heard yesterday, he just took the England job for the money, and maybe to use his authority.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt Sunderland, if they did go down, and let David Moyes rebuild the squad.

But on Sam, he will get another job, as a strugggling Premier League will always be looking for a Sam, just like the same clubs are always going to employ Tony Pulis
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,490
    Forum Member
    The bookies on Talksport had him as going to Swansea or West Ham!

The latter would never take Big Sam back and the Swans demand a style of football that is very different to the one he plays!
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Money talks. It would cost Sunderland a lot of money were they to drop down to the Championship. If they thought Allardyce could keep them up they would not hesitate to employ him.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,132
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    The bookies on Talksport had him as going to Swansea or West Ham!

The latter would never take Big Sam back and the Swans demand a style of football that is very different to the one he plays!

I think Swansea demand to stay in the PL, it's amazing what a club will do to stay there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Money talks. It would cost Sunderland a lot of money were they to drop down to the Championship. If they thought Allardyce could keep them up they would not hesitate to employ him.

Exactly, it's a money based business, they wouldn't hesitate to appoint him.

I think the Adam Johnson case showed that morals aren't high on Sunderland's agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, it's a money based business, they wouldn't hesitate to appoint him.

I think the Adam Johnson case showed that morals aren't high on Sunderland's agenda.

i agree with this post
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Football's a cesspit as it is, so talent will edge out morals nearly every time. Lee Hughes got a club, Luke McCormack got a club. We signed Marlon King because the prospect of staying in the Championship outweighed any quandary about a serial offender. Ron Atkinson would have found employment if he wasn't retired already.

A manager with a good record of keeping clubs safe shouldn't have much problem finding work.
  • Options
    blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I honestly can't see Sam Allardyce back at Sunderland . The owner has commented that David Moyes was the manager that he has tried to get for some years .
    Its not that morals aren't high on our agenda either but that we lurch from calamity to calamity!
    I was really P-d off with how the FA messed up our pre season but stuff them , we've got our compensation and they have egg on their face .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how much did the FA compensate Sunderland?

i will bet they could claim it back, their purchase was not fit for purpose under the consumer rights act.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,501
    Forum Member
    Who on earth would want to employ him now? Seriously? We know 'some' of what he's been caught doing, there could be more to come. But, as yet we don't know what he's NOT been caught doing, this isn't a flash in the pan, he was targeted for a reason - right or wrong.

Put bluntly, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Orchideam wrote: »
    Who on earth would want to employ him now? Seriously? We know 'some' of what he's been caught doing, there could be more to come. But, as yet we don't know what he's NOT been caught doing, this isn't a flash in the pan, he was targeted for a reason - right or wrong.

Put bluntly, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club!

Well Sunderland and lots of other clubs aren't that fussed about morals and clubs have employed far worse.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,335
    Forum Member
    I don't mind teams employing those convicted of crimes and have served sentences, everyone is entitled to second chances and there are plenty of people in the public eye who have been given that second chance, and football isn't so high and mighty that it can be held above any other area where those involved are held as icons and role models.

However, what has transpired with Big Sam, will probably end his career, I just can't see a club wanting to risk taking him on, and at his age as well, not in England over the next year or so. Perhaps a team in Qatar or China maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    I don't mind teams employing those convicted of crimes and have served sentences, everyone is entitled to second chances and there are plenty of people in the public eye who have been given that second chance, and football isn't so high and mighty that it can be held above any other area where those involved are held as icons and role models.

However, what has transpired with Big Sam, will probably end his career, I just can't see a club wanting to risk taking him on, and at his age as well, not in England over the next year or so. Perhaps a team in Qatar or China maybe.

Well it's going back a few years but George Graham managed it and he was found guilty of committing an offence.
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,335
    Forum Member
    Well it's going back a few years but George Graham managed it and he was found guilty of committing an offence.

The difference was that Graham was young enough to get another chance after the offence, Sam's age is against him here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    The difference was that Graham was young enough to get another chance after the offence, Sam's age is against him here.

He found another job almost immediately his ban was over, Sam hasn't even been banned. He's only 61.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Sam, will more than likely eventually appear on SSNHQ at 10am in the mornings like the other hasbeens from down the years.

Appear on Sky or BT during there live matches
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big Sam would be up for a challenge but not a miracle.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Big Sam would be up for a challenge but not a miracle.

If they appointed Sam now, he could keep them up and it'd be the lift the club probably needs. But they need to start winning games very very soon. Their next games are against Stoke and West Ham. They're still in touch with safety spots. Will be crucial for them.