Celtic v Man City last night

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
Proper football proper atmosphere and a cracking game last might no Mourinho like tactics ie 9 behind ball or stop the other team playing some cracking goals some awful. Defending but was joy to watch for netural
Well done celtic & Man city for a great game.
In fact i can't remember any bad fouls or flare ups.
Also dobt remember Any cheating diving or rolling around on floor either both managers obviously belive in attractive attacking football too which makes a change

Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracking game. Both teams attacked.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,287
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Proper football proper atmosphere and a cracking game last might no Mourinho like tactics ie 9 behind ball or stop the other team playing some cracking goals some awful. Defending but was joy to watch for netural
    Well done celtic & Man city for a great game.
    In fact i can't remember any bad fouls or flare ups.
    Also dobt remember Any cheating diving or rolling around on floor either both managers obviously belive in attractive attacking football too which makes a change

Celtic aren't the type of team to foul the opposition. I think in the 7-0 battering we got off Barcelona we only committed 3 fouls too, we really should have gave them a bigger kicking for having the audacity to score 7 against us.

Celtic always play fair and square and have numerous times came up against sneaky scummy diving and other antics from other European teams, most notably Italian teams Juventus in 2001 and 2014 and AC Milan a few times too and also Porto in 2003. Even Man Utd with Giggs diving for a penalty in 2008 I think it was just remembered Eduardo of Arsenal diving for a penalty against us too in 2009 I think.

The two worst ever were Racing Club(Argentina) who kicked Celtic off the park in 1967 in the Intercontinental Cup and Atletico Madrid who done the same in the 1974 European Cup semi-final where they got 4 players sent off and 9 of their 11 players were atleast booked.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    glasgow67 wrote: »
    Celtic aren't the type of team to foul the opposition. I think in the 7-0 battering we got off Barcelona we only committed 3 fouls too, we really should have gave them a bigger kicking for having the audacity to score 7 against us.

Celtic always play fair and square and have numerous times came up against sneaky scummy diving and other antics from other European teams, most notably Italian teams Juventus in 2001 and 2014 and AC Milan a few times too and also Porto in 2003. Even Man Utd with Giggs diving for a penalty in 2008 I think it was.
    Unfortunately if you get drawn against a Mourinho team that might change of course it won't be his fault :D
  • All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great game. It could've been any score.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member
    Not one booking I don't think, very rare nowadays.